More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, that is ... well i dont know what to say. i guess it is sad that a young player is just now working hard in the off season work outs. hope some of these guys can self motivate better than they apparently had been. no body was preventing these kids from putting in the workouts. good to see a little anguish due to the workout...

This excites me. These guys should be very motivated to fight for everything on the field, cause if they look weak, Gus will send em back to S&C. Hehe.

Florence looks like he hasn't touched a weight in 2 years...

I agree. Something went way wrong with the football strength and conditioning program under Chizik.

wde

These grueling workouts will probably produce a sense of camaderie which may have been missing last year (in addition to the muscles that were missing last year!)

That is the truth. It always amazed me how mny people thought Yox was such a great strength coach. For some reason people just turned a blind ey to heis pathetic results.

That is the truth. It always amazed me how mny people thought Yox was such a great strength coach. For some reason people just turned a blind ey to heis pathetic results.

I hope all of you will turn a blind eye to all of my spelling errors. Ridiculous!

Regardless of what the former staff allowed/tolerated regarding S&C, that should not have prevented the players from having enough self-motivation to want to workout on their own. Last year wasn't the first year they got man-handled on the football field. At some point a player has to want to give 110% to get bigger, stronger, faster, better.

Yoxall was at AU a long time - he didn't always have pathetic results.

Regardless of what the former staff allowed/tolerated regarding S&C, that should not have prevented the players from having enough self-motivation to want to workout on their own. Last year wasn't the first year they got man-handled on the football field. At some point a player has to want to give 110% to get bigger, stronger, faster, better.

Yoxall was at AU a long time - he didn't always have poor results.

^^^ This. I have thought the same thing. Self-motivation goes a long way.

Due to NCAA regulations, a coaching staff has limited access to their players. At some point it's up to the individual player to drag his ass up and work hard for his team.

All it takes is a few players that will show leadership and hold his fellow players accountable. I'd hate like hell to be the only player that didn't show up for voluntary workouts with my team or my position group in the off-season. I'd be afraid they'd flush my head down a toliet or worse. Creative peer pressure that's used in a constructive/positive manner can be a great thing for a young person.

Yoxall was at AU a long time - he didn't always have pathetic results.

amen! personal responsibility! elite athletes typically push themselves harder than others push them. it these guys want to be elite then they will show elite level motivation ... that is driven from within, not from without.

Due to NCAA regulations, a coaching staff has limited access to their players. At some point it's up to the individual player to drag his ass up and work hard for his team.

All it takes is a few players that will show leadership and hold his fellow players accountable. I'd hate like hell to be the only player that didn't show up for voluntary workouts with my team or my position group in the off-season. I'd be afraid they'd flush my head down a toliet or worse. Creative peer pressure that's used in a constructive/positive manner can be a great thing for a young person.

Agreed. I wouldn't push it either. Especially how our team is always "young". But even beyond that, like you mentioned, I would get tired of being embarassed on a national stage for a whole season. I would get to the point where I would push myself harder than anyone else could. This is why I am hoping we don't lose that many guys under the new S&C program. I am ready to see the fight in these guys.

...makes you wonder who was saying "don't work out so hard" in the past. I've got some firsthand knowledge and this was from the top down. It's unfair to blame the players or coach Yox for the decline.

are you saying the coaches or a coach was actually telling the players to work LESS? well if a kid is told that by a coach then i dont know what to say...

Played basketball with him a year ago... Dude is small but ripped. I don't think the angle of the picture does him any favors.

Some of us missed our calling as S&C coaches....the players did what was asked of them, apparently workouts were not stressed by Chizik and his staff. The coaches failed the players by not holding them accountable to develop and become better football players. The blame lies completely at the feet of the coaches starting with Chizik.....it's ironic now they are hitting theses workouts and stressing how tough they are...why was this not the case last year? Maybe because it was optional..?

Played basketball with him a year ago... Dude is small but ripped. I don't think the angle of the picture does him any favors.

I get what you are saying, but hearing that a D1 safety is "small but ripped" isn't going to cut it. I want to hear, "dear GOD that guy looks like a freakin' professional wrestler....AU's players are clearly on steroids!!!"

Archived