More Player Tweets and Pics About Workouts

Dr_AUTiger

Some of us missed our calling as S&C coaches....the players did what was asked of them, apparently workouts were not stressed by Chizik and his staff. The coaches failed the players by not holding them accountable to develop and become better football players. The blame lies completely at the feet of the coaches starting with Chizik.....it's ironic now they are hitting theses workouts and stressing how tough they are...why was this not the case last year? Maybe because it was optional..?

This may indeed be the case. But, at some point as an SEC football player when you continue to get embarrassed and physically dominated by the opponent across from you, wouldn't you pull up your damn boot straps and want kick their butt? If for no other reason than self-preservation and freakin pride.

I'm completely baffled by some of the rumors and innuendo throw out regarding our previous S&C habits.

Just time to move on and leave it in the past I guess. Hopefully Gus' new S&C guy knows what it takes to make an elite SEC specimen, 'cause that's exactly what our players have to face every week. When bulls like UGA/LSU/UAT are across the line from you, you better be able to match strengths and go toe to toe for 4 qtrs.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florence looks like he hasn't touched a weight in 2 years...

Played basketball with him a year ago... Dude is small but ripped. I don't think the angle of the picture does him any favors.

I get what you are saying, but hearing that a D1 safety is "small but ripped" isn't going to cut it. I want to hear, "dear GOD that guy looks like a freakin' professional wrestler....AU's players are clearly on steroids!!!"

That is true... I'm a pretty big guy myself, six three 205. But I remember thinking he did look pretty muscular. Although at the time he hadn't seen the field and I thought he was a corner based on his looks.

Played basketball with him a year ago... Dude is small but ripped. I don't think the angle of the picture does him any favors.

I get what you are saying, but hearing that a D1 safety is "small but ripped" isn't going to cut it. I want to hear, "dear GOD that guy looks like a freakin' professional wrestler....AU's players are clearly on steroids!!!"

****THIS****

I'm glad that we are acknowledged leaders in the war against PED's. However, I'd rather us not look like a very good intramural team.

I would think that the JUCOs coming into the program would be motivation enough to work hard and get the desired results out of our current players.

These grueling workouts will probably produce a sense of camaderie which may have been missing last year (in addition to the muscles that were missing last year!)

I don't call it leg day until someone pukes that should bring in some bonding

Some of us missed our calling as S&C coaches....the players did what was asked of them, apparently workouts were not stressed by Chizik and his staff. The coaches failed the players by not holding them accountable to develop and become better football players. The blame lies completely at the feet of the coaches starting with Chizik.....it's ironic now they are hitting theses workouts and stressing how tough they are...why was this not the case last year? Maybe because it was optional..?

Amen!

It is odd that people are saying the players did what was asked of them and that the coaches are the excuse, yet numerous players have a gym membership in town and worked out there the last few years. Granted the girls are a reason, but to say the players were being lazy does not fly with me. There is so much more that none of us will ever know, the fact that yox still does not have a job says something IMO.

and Lutz already said there is no truth to workouts being optional, let it go.

^I don't think Lutz is going to come out and say "nah, Chizik didn't make us do workouts." The majority of things I've heard from players have made it quite clear that xCGC failed miserably at training players. How else do you explain their play this year?

It is odd that people are saying the players did what was asked of them and that the coaches are the excuse, yet numerous players have a gym membership in town and worked out there the last few years. Granted the girls are a reason, but to say the players were being lazy does not fly with me. There is so much more that none of us will ever know, the fact that yox still does not have a job says something IMO.

Lutz also says that Yox had his authority taken away. By whom and why is the big question. Bottom line, something has been terribly wrong with the football program's S&C at least since January 2011.

wde

Lutz also says that Yox had his authority taken away. By whom and why is the big question. Bottom line, something has been terribly wrong with the football program's S&C at least since January 2011.

wde

Just a thought but could this be a throw back to the Offensive Linemans injury and lawsuit? I cant remember his name...

wde

Just a thought but could this be a throw back to the Offensive Linemans injury and lawsuit? I cant remember his name...

That OL was Ramsey (we should never recruit another player to AU with that last name). I do know whether this is a throw back to that or not, but we desperately need a fundamental change in S&C from the last few years.

wde

Robinson who was All-SEC and maybe ALL-AM back in the early 90's didn't look like a pro wrestler (he wasn't weak though) Safeties have to be fast and too much bulk can slow 'em down. You want to do strength training, not bulking up training that body builders do-most of them aren't that strong in comparison to their size.

wde

^^^^we have a winner!!!!

Yox not having a job tells me nothing and to draw a conclusion based on that is absurd

wde

^^^^we have a winner!!!!

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/07/former_auburn_player_chaz_rams_1.html

heath evans says there was no structure, lutz says yox was stripped of authority to discipline, our team got its ass handed to it 14 times since these statements were made. now we have 4 and 5 star players that are about to be juniors and have yet to show any talent and are acting like they never been pushed in the gym. we are recruiting jucos at a high rate. something fell apart and i dont know who's at fault and it seems steps are being taken to rectify the situation.

The few twitter posts by our players contained in this thread have been truly eye opening, also I would like to say that I agree with whoever said Florence looks like he has not lifted a weight in two years.

Some players are self motivated, some require motivation - it's the coaches job to motivate. Some people could stand to work out in there personal lives for health reasons, etc. yet they do not find the self motivation to do so, but if Tony Horton was there to motivate them in the beginning then they are more likely to get up off there arse and work out....like I said some players need the motivation and some actually crave it, of they were all motivated to workout on their own all the time I doubt if a S&C coach would be needed...

So the root of the problem was Chaz Bono joining the team and not being man enough to accept injuries happen. He sues the school and some buffoon weakened the strength and conditioning coach which eventually led to the demise of a football program. MAKES SENSE TO ME!

Yox not having a job tells me nothing and to draw a conclusion based on that is absurd

Then go back and look at how our players performed in the strength portion of the pro combines over the years. Before someone writes that those numbers do not matter let me write this: the pros would not spend countless thosands of dollars testing if they felt it did not matter. Yox was a GREAT conditioning coach. He was a poor strength coach. The players loved and feared him, taking away his authority was a bad mistake.

When bulls like UGA/LSU/UAT are across the line from you, you better be able to match strengths and go toe to toe for 4 qtrs.

The bulls at LSU are held accountable for their actions or lack thereof....

574971_10151235659522912_1209276837_n.jpg

When bulls like UGA/LSU/UAT are across the line from you, you better be able to match strengths and go toe to toe for 4 qtrs.

The bulls at LSU are held accountable for their actions or lack thereof....

574971_10151235659522912_1209276837_n.jpg

Woah where is that Phillip Marshall .gif when you need it!

I love this. Reminds me of when Coach Mike Tomlin first got to the Steelers. He was quick to point out any slackers in front of the team with practice film to prove it.

Archived