Anyone buy into this theory?

SouthLink02

I am posting this out of complete shock when I read this in today's paper in New Orleans (Times-Picyune).

I had always thought that anyone suggesting Tubby leaving after this year was quite stupid but this guy seems to think other wise....

Anyone think this is a little true or is this guy just blowing smoke...

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/...48183129901.xml

As it turned out, Lowder's failed coup resulted in the head coach receiving a contract extension that pays him $1.55 million per year through 2008, a figure that is more than $1 million short of what Nick Saban is making in Baton Rouge.

Right now, the Auburn coach is walking down bonus lane: He picked up $100,000 for winning the SEC West, he'll get another $150,000 if he wins the SEC and another $300,000 for a national championship.

The other day, Tuberville addressed the aborted attempt to unseat him: "I don't have an ounce of resentment for what they did. It was unfortunate. But it made us stronger."

To which one insider told me: "Don't believe it. Let me put it this way. If Nick Saban ever left LSU for the NFL, and Tommy Tuberville was offered the LSU job, he'd take it in a second."

The man talking was looking at the big picture, not the current picture. He was saying, in effect, that just as Saban didn't like the idea of recruiting against Michigan when he was at Michigan State, Tuberville doesn't enjoy having to battle Alabama for state talent.

well, I'll make a few comments:

1) Tuberville met with LSU administrators before they hired Saban - he ultimately decided he was not interested in taking the position.

2) I have to question what Auburn "insiders" a newspaper writer in New Orleans would have. I would guess that the "insider" would be a LSU alumni, who may have an inflated idea of the LSU coaching position

3) CTT doesn't go up against bama for a lot of the same players - sure we go for in-state kids, but we also do a TON of non-Alabama recruiting - so I'm not sure I buy that.

I'm not foolish enough to think the Auburn Football is the end-all be-all of football coaching. I think IF the NFL came calling (which it woudl take more than just this year to happen) that CTT would probably go. However, I DON'T think we would lose CTT to LSU.

Unless CTT is on some mission to coach each and every team in the SEC West, I think this dude is delusional and possibly suffering from a nutria- and cheese biscuit induced bout of E coli or something.

Was that an LSU insider or an :au: insider? Personally I don't see CTT leaving, now or any time soon. He and his wife and children like living in Auburn. He has also bought his mother a house in Auburn and she loves living there as well.

I am posting this out of complete shock when I read this in today's paper in New Orleans (Times-Picyune).

I had always thought that anyone suggesting Tubby leaving after this year was quite stupid but this guy seems to think other wise....

Anyone think this is a little true or is this guy just blowing smoke...

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/...48183129901.xml

As it turned out, Lowder's failed coup resulted in the head coach receiving a contract extension that pays him $1.55 million per year through 2008, a figure that is more than $1 million short of what Nick Saban is making in Baton Rouge.

Right now, the Auburn coach is walking down bonus lane: He picked up $100,000 for winning the SEC West, he'll get another $150,000 if he wins the SEC and another $300,000 for a national championship.

The other day, Tuberville addressed the aborted attempt to unseat him: "I don't have an ounce of resentment for what they did. It was unfortunate. But it made us stronger."

To which one insider told me: "Don't believe it. Let me put it this way. If Nick Saban ever left LSU for the NFL, and Tommy Tuberville was offered the LSU job, he'd take it in a second."

The man talking was looking at the big picture, not the current picture. He was saying, in effect, that just as Saban didn't like the idea of recruiting against Michigan when he was at Michigan State, Tuberville doesn't enjoy having to battle Alabama for state talent.

120793[/snapback]

No...I don't buy that...AND I don't think he'd go to the NFL...Spurrier would talk him out of it...and rightly so. Plus, I believe that Tubs wants a stable life...and he likes it at Auburn as far as him family is concerned. IMHO.... WAR EAGLE!

It's a moot poing if you read the article. Saying "if LSU offered TT the job...." is like saying "if I voted for hillary in "08....." :no::no::no:

LSU fans hate TT and would never go for him.

it would be worth losing CTT, just getting to watch LSU fans scramble to decide as to whether they will hate the hire, or have to pull a complete 180 and start comparing CTT to God.

If he didn't leave AU already after what happened in Jetgate, I don't think he'll leave now. Somehow, I just don't see CTT being that vindictive. Also, I think he genuinely likes it at Auburn.

Now having said that, if CTT were to go undefeated this season, his negotiating position for a raise, contract extension & (more) control over the team (relative to Lowder's control) just reached its zenith. I didn't realize CTT's agent is the same as Saban's. The question is not whether CTT will leave AU, ... it should be will AU offer CTT enough to keep him.

Richardson has already been quoted as saying CTT "will be rewarded" after the season for the great year. I think that means in addition to his regular bonus package--perhaps a raise putting him closer to Saban's salary if we go all the way?

But I'm just speculating...

Funny what a difference a year makes, though. Last year around this time nobody in Baton Rouge or Gainsville or Miami would have even considered CTT for dog catcher. Now I've heard his name tossed about for LSU, UF, and the Dolphins.

But I think he's true blue Auburn now and knows IT is the true "Loveliest Village".

I have a question. Am I the only person that is sick of seeing "who cares, we have a game yada yada yada"? IF YOU can't talk about multiple subjects and think about a football game at the same time, please DO NOT POST ON THE SUBJECT THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead:

Who cars we have a game......OOPS, Sorry :lol:

I have heard from friends of CTT that he will stay. He is in no mood to wander off. Pay is great. System working. Great Coaching job. Soon to have beau coup more power. There is not much he will miss out on. I doubt seriously that he will go pro after the SOS debacle.

I have heard CTT has plans of a 5-7 year nature, if all goes well.

I seriously think CTT will coach at AU for the rest of his career. I also think he would make a great AD choice for AU if he ever decides to take on a challenge of that nature.

Oh wait a minute.......that contributes to the thread.........what I meant to say..........was.........."who cares right now, we got a game to play tomorrow".

Who cars we have a game......OOPS, Sorry :lol:

If I could smite you with my keyboard, I would.................. :big:

It's a moot poing if you read the article. Saying "if LSU offered TT the job...." is like saying "if I voted for hillary in "08....." :no:   :no:   :no:

LSU fans hate TT and would never go for him.

120805[/snapback]

Newsflash!

TexasTiger says, "I agree with Proud Tiger. Sometimes, he's wise. Well, or at least right."

I have a question.  Am I the only person that is sick of seeing "who cares, we have a game yada yada yada"?  IF YOU can't talk about multiple subjects and think about a football game at the same time, please DO NOT POST ON THE SUBJECT THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!  :banghead:   :banghead:

120858[/snapback]

I've vented on this before. Thanks for carrying the flag this time. :lol:

I have a question.  Am I the only person that is sick of seeing "who cares, we have a game yada yada yada"?  IF YOU can't talk about multiple subjects and think about a football game at the same time, please DO NOT POST ON THE SUBJECT THAT YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!  :banghead:   :banghead:

120858[/snapback]

I've vented on this before. Thanks for carrying the flag this time. :lol:

120906[/snapback]

Normally I don't care, but when I log on here and see the same people have responded to the last 6 post with "who cares, we got to beat UGA" it tends to strike a nerve. These people better be damn glad that I'm not DKW 86.

This is for you "who cares, if I don't post it, it's not important" people.

:finger: :finger: :finger:

I'll get back to the subject so tidefan can cool off... ;) (although he makes a great point)

Tuberville has no reason to be resentful...he basically won the standoff. He garnered more support from Auburn alumni than he ever had. The individuals involved are gone, soon to be gone or have seen their power diminished extensively. IMO, when Bobby Lowder removed himself from the interview/hire process with Richardson, I thought he essentially was waving a "white flag". I know Gov. Riley took a lot of heat for getting involved in that mess, but I do think his involvement has changed the temperment of the BOD. The fact that Jimmy Rane came down on CTT's side was HUGE also. It remains to be seen what will happen if we have a 5-6 season, but the positive results of that whole incident cannot be ignored. When Tuberville says "it made us stronger", part of what is "stronger" is his control of his job and the program as a whole. Who knows...the less meddling that seems to be happenning this year could be one of the keys to the success of this team.

Who cares? We have a game TODAY!!!

Note: I didn't say tomorrow. :lol:

120948[/snapback]

I like you Jaydubb............no seriously..........I do. :cheer::cheer::yes:

Archived