Bush lied, Bush lied. nanananananana

CCTAU

This guy was one of my senators until the people of Georgia woke up and found out that he only runs on his VNam injury. When they reallized that sympathy for him was stupidity for the state......see ya. Alas, he rises from the ashes the be a great demoncratic leader once again.

MAX CLELAND .. FROM SENATOR TO POSTER CHILD FOR BITTERNESS

Former Georgia Democratic Senator Max Cleland has poison-penned a little opinion piece for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. It's a screed against the war in Iraq which implies that George Bush had plans to attack Saddam Hussein even before the terrorist attacks of 9/11. This link will take you to the column ... see you back here in a minute or so .....

At the beginning of his column Cleland writes about a president "decid(ing) to go to war against a nation led by a brutal dictator supported by one-party rule." Cleland then writes "in his campaign for president he gives no indication of wanting to go to war. In fact, he decries the overextension of American military might ...."

Cleland then identifies the president as Lyndon Johnson and the conflict as the war in Vietnam. Cleland writes that this all sounds familiar .... and brings us to 2003 and the war in Iraq.

This, my friends, is why Max Cleland is no longer a Senator from Georgia. It's not because of the dynamic personality of the man who replaced him. Few outside Georgia can even remember the name of Saxby Chambliss. It's because the people of Georgia recognized that Max Cleland was a Democrat first and a Georgian and American second. After the attacks of 9/11 Cleland fought the formation of the Department of Homeland Security for one reason ... because the government employee unions were unhappy with their right to organize and control Homeland Security workers under the Bush plan. He chose to fight for the Democrat-government union agenda while the nation was fighting Islamic terrorism. The voters recognized Cleland for the harshly partisan Democrat he was and decided that it was time for him to retire.

That implication that George Bush was planning the war against Saddam Hussein even prior to 9/11 is particularly obnoxious. This is based on the leftist fantasy that George Bush attacked Hussein to avenge his father's failure to finish the job in 1991. Troubling enough, but Cleland steps over the line when he wrote "A key piece of that intelligence was an outright lie that the White House put into the president's State of the Union Speech." Cleland's statement itself is an "outright lie."

It's sad that we have to go over this whole mess again ... but Cleland's intentional misrepresentation demands it.

In his State of the Union Speech George Bush said: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." That is the "lie" cited by Max Cleland. The fact is, though, that it is not a lie. It was and it remains the truth. George Bush did not say that Hussein tried to buy that uranium, he said that the British government learned that this was the case. To this very day the British intelligence services stand by this claim. They still say that Saddam Hussein tried to buy additional supplies of uranium from Niger. So, if British intelligence is standing by their claim, how is it then a "lie" to say cite that claim?

The left is riding this "Bush lied" horse hard. Trouble is .. .they can't bring to the table one single instance of a lie told by George Bush in this entire scenario! Cleland had joined the crowd. Maybe Max would be so gracious as to determine the actual definition of a "lie," and then provide us with an appropriate example.

Boortz

Where is Tiger Al when you need him. And his buddy Cshine. I thought for sure we would get into another of those whiney little diatribes he puts out.

I'm just wondering why you didn't just post Cleland's article instead of Boortz' usual chicanery. Maybe he and Rush and Sean and Ann make you feel better about the Bush regime, but not me. Like I've said before, your president will go down in history as, in the words of Dick Gephardt, 'a miserable failure.'

I'm just wondering why you didn't just post Cleland's article instead of Boortz' usual chicanery. Maybe he and Rush and Sean and Ann make you feel better about the Bush regime, but not me. Like I've said before, your president will go down in history as, in the words of Dick Gephardt, 'a miserable failure.'

Yeah, because Dick Gephardt is a HUGE success... :rolleyes:

What blind demoncrat led you over here? I was beginning to think we would have no voice of unreason over here. :blink:

Yeah, because Dick Gephardt is a HUGE success... :rolleyes:

Jared TOTALLY beat me to that one. Thanks, dude. If Gephardt is the symbol of success in the Democratic party, then Bush would probably to be happy to be the symbol of failure for Republicans, IF that were true, of course, which it isn't. He will ultimately rank up there with Reagan, in my opinion, once the vitrol and hatred spewing from the Demon-rats settles down, in oh, say, fifty years or so. They just can't stand the fact that he is RIGHT, he is POPULAR and he is PRESIDENT.

And the economy, the budget deficit, the massive unemployment, the stock market and the most recent satisfaction surveys would all beg to differ with you. Some fairly staunch Republicans, Charles Grassley and Richard Shelby among others, have begun to question some of Bush's methods. I'm sure more will come in the future.

I like the "your" president part TigerAl. So, he is not your president anymore? Have you defected to another country? ;)

I like the "your" president part TigerAl. So, he is not your president anymore? Have you defected to another country? ;)

Oh we could only be so lucky. ;)

Nice to see Jenny finally found her way over! :D

Smarty pants - I have BEEN over, but have only had time to read and post selectively - meetings all day Monday and then spent all day yesterday in the ER. NOW don't you feel bad...!! All is well tho. No worries.

Archived