2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

If there happens to be a real possibility of him flipping..I would prefer he just wait until NSD and doing for the world to see!

He enrolls early, so when NSD comes around he will already be attending college classes.

It is sounding more and more favorable for us to get Foster. Just wish he would go ahead and flip and start recruiting for us.

If he flipped now he and his family would have to listen to all the bammer crap for six months.  He would receive death threats.  An early flip would also give the REC time to make better offers such as autos, houses, jobs for familty, etc. 

You are assuming his family can be bought, but we obviously get your historically proven point. We all know how the REC works and that bama has made Godfather offers one can’t refuse since the drunkin’ bear days. I know there is probably less than a 1% chance of this, but I long for the day when a highly sought after recruit & his family drop a dime on bama’s practices and has the documentation to prove it. It will take an out of state paper to cover the story (like TN & Albert Means), but it would be nice to see the Sabamzo crime family called on the carpet again.   

War Damn Eagle !

I don't doubt cheating has happened and is happening.  However, help me understand something about same:

1. Why would any 5 star player go to school X to play for free if School Y was offering big money?

Three potential answers I see:

a. The player hates Team Y or its coach

b. The player has integrity

c. Player has great love for team X

Players and their families accepting NCAA scholarships are required to sign affidavits that no NCAA school offered them anything during the recruiting process.

Why would the player with integrity or the player who does not like team Y, sign a sworn affidavit to cover for Team Y? Why would the player who loves team X sign a sworn affidavit to cover for his arch rival?

For those  that want to try to keep this thread on topic, if you have a response, I have posted the same question here in the CF forum:

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=46528.0

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jrljr

I didn't see any Reuben quotes while he was at T Town that's got be a good sign

No doubt. I want to resist but im really feelin Foster.

If there happens to be a real possibility of him flipping..I would prefer he just wait until NSD and doing for the world to see!

He enrolls early, so when NSD comes around he will already be attending college classes.

It is sounding more and more favorable for us to get Foster. Just wish he would go ahead and flip and start recruiting for us.

If he flipped now he and his family would have to listen to all the bammer crap for six months.  He would receive death threats.  An early flip would also give the REC time to make better offers such as autos, houses, jobs for familty, etc. 

You are assuming his family can be bought, but we obviously get your historically proven point. We all know how the REC works and that bama has made Godfather offers one can’t refuse since the drunkin’ bear days. I know there is probably less than a 1% chance of this, but I long for the day when a highly sought after recruit & his family drop a dime on bama’s practices and has the documentation to prove it. It will take an out of state paper to cover the story (like TN & Albert Means), but it would be nice to see the Sabamzo crime family called on the carpet again.   

War Damn Eagle !

I don't doubt cheating has happened and is happening.  However, help me understand something about same:

1. Why would any 5 star player go to school X to play for free if School Y was offering big money?

Three potential answers I see:

a. The player hates Team Y or its coach

b. The player has integrity

c. Player has great love for team X

Players and their families accepting NCAA scholarships are required to sign affidavits that no NCAA school offered them anything during the recruiting process.

Why would the player with integrity or the player who does not like team Y, sign a sworn affidavit to cover for Team Y? Why would the player who loves team X sign a sworn affidavit to cover for his arch rival?

For those  that want to try to keep this thread on topic, if you have a response, I have posted the same question here in the CF forum:

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=46528.0

Simple answer?  He doesn't want himself or anyone in his family to "fall up the stairs".

Have we heard anything about Johnson recruiting for us or making connections with our other commits?  I'd hate to lose the bird in hand for the two in the bush (Foster and Matthews).  We could miss on those two AND have Trey get away.  If that happens I might  :'(.  Just have to trust the coaches though.

Yes. Johnson has been recruiting for us for weeks on end now. He is possibly this class's strongest commitment, even with Roof moving to Penn State.

Have we heard anything about Johnson recruiting for us or making connections with our other commits?  I'd hate to lose the bird in hand for the two in the bush (Foster and Matthews).  We could miss on those two AND have Trey get away.  If that happens I might  :'(.  Just have to trust the coaches though.

Yes. Johnson has been recruiting for us for weeks on end now. He is possibly this class's strongest commitment, even with Roof moving to Penn State

Johnson has been recruiting hard. Do not worry about Lawson, liner, or Johnson. They will all be wearing Orange and blue.

Pray for Reuben and his family. Pretty sure he was related (cousins) to Ladarious Phillips. (please correct me if this is wrong)

Pray for Reuben and his family. Pretty sure he was related (cousins) to Ladarious Phillips. (please correct me if this is wrong)

He is LaMichael Fanning's cousin. I don't think he is related to DaDa.

What happened to Ladareus Phillips?

Tragedy in Auburn last night. More than just LP. Read about it on the Auburn Football thread or another news thread.

@JHokanson: Sidenote: Ladarious Phillips was also an older cousin of current Alabama 5-star football commit Reuben Foster.

@JHokanson: Sidenote: Ladarious Phillips was also an older cousin of current Alabama 5-star football commit Reuben Foster.

Thanks. I did not know that.

Any word if Foster made the summer camp today?

He was supposed to be in for it yesterday.

Word in the bama camp is Derrick Henry is about to decommit from GA to them as an ILB. Connecting the dots this would mean Rueben is not going to uat. Stay tuned.

Bama is recruiting Henry as an RB. Don't think this will make a difference with Foster.

Word in the bama camp is Derrick Henry is about to decommit from GA to them as an ILB. Connecting the dots this would mean Rueben is not going to uat. Stay tuned.

Bama is recruiting Henry as an RB. Don't think this will make a difference with Foster.

You are right but commitments from Matthew Thomas and Shaun McGee would have an impact IMO.

nah.....they're 100% recruiting him as a RB. Will he end up there, no. sabahr will usually give guys 1 year to prove they belong at the spot they wanted to play....after that he moves you where he wants if you aren't panning out. If you STILL don't pan out at the new position, you get processed.

Archived