2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

Just speaking from my observations, it's not easy to just transition a person from DE to LB.  We tried that with Dee Ford before we tried it with Owens.  The positions appear to be too different.  Owens even said in a recent interview that DE required less thinking and recognition and more pinning your ears back and getting to the ball.  We've recruited well at the LB position these past few years but they need experience. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously if these guys were adequate LBs ....they would be playing LB. And you don't think our coaches know we are thin there? You just can't take a DE make him an LB, especially in a 4-3 defense. Like someone said earlier it's not all running around and hitting people, there are coverage assignments, etc that must be considered. Sanders and Owens are where they both best serve the team. Besides the last time I checked Evans, Holland, Freeman, White, Garrett, Gaston and company can hold the LB corps together til next year.

Foster will be back in Auburn this weekend per Chad Simmons.

@ChadSimmons_

Chad Simmons

2013 Five-Star LB Reuben Foster was at Auburn this past Saturday & he will be there again this weekend. He's currently committed to Alabama.

Foster will be back in Auburn this weekend per Chad Simmons.

@ChadSimmons_

Chad Simmons

2013 Five-Star LB Reuben Foster was at Auburn this past Saturday & he will be there again this weekend. He's currently committed to Alabama.

Seriously, I've never even heard of that. Especially from a kid committed elsewhere.

Any of you folks in the know have anything on this?  Back to back visits to AU sounds good for us. 

It does but if he's going to flip and he's only a junior, then perhaps he should just not flip at all and take his time a little more (but then make sure he flips on NSD next cycle to the good guys and sign on the dotted line  ;D)

He already said that he didn't want to get burned out on bama. He's been there double-digit times. He has the ties to Auburn, and it's the closest major University to him. It's a free ticket, and he gets to catch up with L.P. and Quan. It makes sense to me. I would say at this point, our likeliness of getting the switch is at 20%. Now, get back to me a little later in his recruiting process, and that number could drastically change. Anything is possible with these coaches. These two guys, lined up with maybe Kris Frost would just be insane. Or, you could insert another name like Cass McKinzy or potentially Javiie or Kwon, would be exciting. You guys want to bash Roof, but he's got the Auburn name out there with a few of these guys. Although all of them either have a prior connection or are in-state guys.

Here is some film on Reuben Foster. The guy is really good. Considering he is a 2013 recruit, he is a Soph. in this film. He is destroying people.

How about the HS recruit from GA for 2013. I have never seen GA this loaded up before. A couple of points...CMR of UGA said they got the dream team from GA a year ago....they are not doing that well in GA this year with many recruits going elsewhere (AL, AU, FSU, etc.). If last year was the Dream Team in GA, this 2013 class may be the Ultimate Best Ever Dream Team in GA.

Secondly, CMR may not even be the coach next year. This may mean many of these GA kids will be looking out of state again. We already have Trey Johnson from GA in our 2013 class and Reuben Foster is commited to Bama, although we are still working on flipping him. The Nimeche (sp) kid is supposed to be a Bama lean right now.

It's appears that way but it's hard to tell. I say yes he does. Some look at his comment about getting burned out on bama as he's just taking good advantage of the process. If nothing else, watch a game for free. I look at it and say how can you get burned out on the place you're putting it all on the line to get to. Time will tell though. It's a long time until his signing day.

Thought I read a Bryan Matthews tweet that said this guy was back in AU today.  Anyone hear anything?

He was there with a BIG OLE AU shirt on!  ;D

Archived