2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I really hate the updykes.  They cheat so they assume the only way anyone can beat them at anything is to cheat as well.  They would rather cheat when the fair and honest way would be easier, it is just in their blood.

Foster is friends with Bray, from Troup co. and now he is friends with Cameron at Auburn high, and he is also friends with Dee Liner, why couldnt that be the reason he is looking at another school rather than always saying we cheat.

They are ridiculous, yet comical in their desperation.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His mother still lives in Troup Co. I believe, Auburn HS is only about 25 miles away. Foster would have stayed at Troup if Flowers was not fired. If these rumors have legs, watch out for UGA here. Flowers is very pro-UGA and has been pushing Reuben that way all along.

I don't think you can live outside the city limits of Auburn and go to an Auburn City School. If you could, the Auburn school system would have lots of students that live outside the city of Auburn attending our schools and my property tax would be even higher.    :)

I would love to have Reuben on board just as much as you guys,but the fact of the matter is until he changes his commitment he is a bammer commit.

This is the best outlook to have in this case, because at this point, we're pushing 80 pages about a kid that is committed to ahem, has said he's solid, has given no indication of flipping, and we're hanging on every word/breath hoping for a flip.  If it happens, that's great, but if not, we'll be just fine without him.  I think most of us want him to flip just to turn the tables on spuat as payback for CK/BK/TJY. 

Guest Tigereagle03

Even though the coach at SS is a former AU player if he leaves AHS I think our chances go down.

If he goes to Smith's Station, the package deal of Foster, Matthews, and Kamara might just come to fruition for UGA unfortunatly. Better them than Bama I guess.

Guest jrljr

If anyone has been accused thus far it would have been AHS and not AU. Recruiting is still okay in college, not HS though. (It does happen a'lot, especially in B'Ball) WHEN WE DO flip Reuben (please Lord) then Matthews and we still sign Adams and Liner, THEN you can be assured of rumors, allegations and Sheridan will know a guy who was there when it happened. And it's gonna be freakin AUSOME!!!

:aufb:  

UAT has seen the writing on the wall and have started offering backup plans. They will of course say the didn't want Foster and whoever they end up with is better, but we all know the truth and so do the recruiting experts. Do not worry about Foster. He will sign with AU unless his family gets a new house. That last part was not in yellow because I am not being sarcastic.

They won't be saying that about Foster.

If he goes to Smith's Station, the package deal of Foster, Matthews, and Kamara might just come to fruition for UGA unfortunatly. Better them than Bama I guess.

Matthews made a reference to this in a tweet to Kamara on 5/31.

" Tray Matthews ‏@Trigga_Tray28

Remember. What me. You and Reuben talked about dawg @A_kamara6 "

This was before his 6/1 visit the next day when his tweets become very favorable of Auburn.  The three of them at some point in time definitely have/had some kind of pact going.

This was before his 6/1 visit the next day when his tweets become very favorable of Auburn.  The three of them at some point in time definitely have/had some kind of pact going.

Dont try to figure out the mind of 18 yeard old kids unless you want to torture yourself by trying to decode each & every tweet these kids make.

Dont try to figure out the mind of 18 yeard old kids unless you want to torture yourself by trying to decode each & every tweet these kids make.

I don't. Just passing along info.

SIAP that LaMichael Fanning may be transferring from bama?? This is HUGE for Foster, and could possibly prove the rumors of Fanning telling Foster that the coaches didn't treat him well to be true. This info along with all the positive stuff coming from big cat and his visit with Matthews AND seeing Monty Adams quote about him, foster, liner, and Lawson doing the Rivals challenge together and that no oline can stop them has me feeling very very good about foster. I know I'm not the only one. :wareagle:

SIAP that LaMichael Fanning may be transferring from bama?? This is HUGE for Foster, and could possibly prove the rumors of Fanning telling Foster that the coaches didn't treat him well to be true. This info along with all the positive stuff coming from big cat and his visit with Matthews AND seeing Monty Adams quote about him, foster, liner, and Lawson doing the Rivals challenge together and that no oline can stop them has me feeling very very good about foster. I know I'm not the only one. :wareagle:

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that was a rumor from a looooong time ago. It's probably somewhere in this thread actually! haha.....But supposedly the AU coaches weren't too happy with how Fanning ended things with AU. Basically, fwih, he told the AU coaches that he was coming and they sent him an LOI, then on NSD he fax his LOI to bammer. They were, of course, none too happy.

So how would that impact Foster?  Kk have you heard anything from him recently

I think foster and fanning are cousins

FWIW, I'm pretty sure that was a rumor from a looooong time ago. It's probably somewhere in this thread actually! haha.....But supposedly the AU coaches weren't too happy with how Fanning ended things with AU. Basically, fwih, he told the AU coaches that he was coming and they sent him an LOI, then on NSD he fax his LOI to bammer. They were, of course, none too happy.

Unless the coaches said something to Fanning about it, then he might not be badmouthing Auburn to Foster. But if Fanning kept him on board Saban would treat Fanning like a king. At least until Foster's LOI was sent in.

First I had heard of the way Fanning left us, kk. Interesting. Sounds somewhat similar to the TJ recruitment last year, thus, a recruiting tactic used by Bama. It may  work but I hope we don't stoop so low. Ultimately, it requires cooperation from the recruit though.

I've read on this thread countless posts  RF will be flipping to AU. Is any of this true or is it just wishful thinking? I would LOVE for Foster to head to the plains, but everything I have read has him saying he is solid to the turds. Just wondered ig anyone had any kind of rock solid info one way ot the other.

I've read on this thread countless posts  RF will be flipping to AU. Is any of this true or is it just wishful thinking? I would LOVE for Foster to head to the plains, but everything I have read has him saying he is solid to the turds. Just wondered ig anyone had any kind of rock solid info one way ot the other.

There is no rock solid info to be had about him, but there have been a lot of reasons to think he is wavering.

The more he is around Lawson and Liner the better our chances get. How much our defense improve will play the biggest part in how many big Defensive recruits come our way.

With the goal of these kids being that they want to get to the League, they see that saban gets players there. Now that we have a DC that knows what it takes to get there, with success at Auburn, these kids will see that Auburn can be a pipeline to the NFL, and they can play under and be taught by an NFL caliber coach. It won't be long before the crap that saban pulls about us not being able to get guys to the NFL will not fly anymore because there will evidence to the contrary, and these kids will see it. That is what scares saban and his staff the most.

All this business about Saban getting players to the NFL doesn't hold water. What about the highly ranked players he signed that "got processed'? The point is, the players themselves get themselves to the next level through their commitment and sacrifice to doing what it takes. if a kid doesn't have the talent he's not going to be a professional of that I am certain. Thats why such a tiny percentage of college players actually make it in the NFL. I doesn't srgue the point that Saban is a good coach and recruiter but Ive grown sick of hearing how HE gets players to the NFL....what a farce!

Archived