2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

All this business about Saban getting players to the NFL doesn't hold water. What about the highly ranked players he signed that "got processed'? The point is, the players themselves get themselves to the next level through their commitment and sacrifice to doing what it takes. if a kid doesn't have the talent he's not going to be a professional of that I am certain. Thats why such a tiny percentage of college players actually make it in the NFL. I doesn't srgue the point that Saban is a good coach and recruiter but Ive grown sick of hearing how HE gets players to the NFL....what a farce!

Well, sure...about the sacrafice and kids working hard BUT facts are facts. Saban is the hc when he has high profile players going to the NFL thus he gets credit by most for having a hand in it. Having the right environment helps.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure he gets the credit but that doesn't change the facts. Alabama is NOT the only university that has a great environment for college athletes to prepare themselves for possible professional careers..not by a LONG shot. What I dont understand is why he doesn't get the credit he deserves for processing so many high profile HS players. The simple fact is this - the transition from the HS game to the college game pails in comparison to the diffuclty is making the transition form the college game to the pro game. There is a reason for that and that is that everyone making it in the pro game has the talent but they also possess the drive, the determination and the heart. That part simply cannot be coached. A player has it or he does not. Every player making it in the NFL has it of that you can be sure. The list is LONG of players who had all the physical talent but lacked all the intangibles that one must have to be successful at that level. To believe that Saban has mastered a coaching technique that instills that into players is nonsense...he cant do it. You can lead a horse to water and in this case show a player what he has to do to be successful as a pro but in the end ITS THE PLAYER THAT HAS TO DO IT....not the coach! Players all over the country are being shown the way, just not that many have the necessary gifts to be successful.

Sure he gets the credit but that doesn't change the facts. Alabama is NOT the only university that has a great environment for college athletes to prepare themselves for possible professional careers..not by a LONG shot. What I dont understand is why he doesn't get the credit he deserves for processing so many high profile HS players. The simple fact is this - the transition from the HS game to the college game pails in comparison to the diffuclty is making the transition form the college game to the pro game. There is a reason for that and that is that everyone making it in the pro game has the talent but they also possess the drive, the determination and the heart. That part simply cannot be coached. A player has it or he does not. Every player making it in the NFL has it of that you can be sure. The list is LONG of players who had all the physical talent but lacked all the intangibles that one must have to be successful at that level. To believe that Saban has mastered a coaching technique that instills that into players is nonsense...he cant do it. You can lead a horse to water and in this case show a player what he has to do to be successful as a pro but in the end ITS THE PLAYER THAT HAS TO DO IT....not the coach! Players all over the country are being shown the way, just not that many have the necessary gifts to be successful.

Very nice post.  I agree Saban sucks!!!!!

I can't believe rockfordpi hasn't chimed in yet.

He/she patrols the college boards - and you havent claimed uat cheats yet.

This thread is starting to get a little ridiculous. I hope he flips too but if I had to lay a bet on it I would go with turds. They would go on probation before losing this kid to us. 81 pages on a turd commit........I really really really really hope it is all worth the while! GET ON IT LAWSON!    :wedance:

This thread is starting to get a little ridiculous. I hope he flips too but if I had to lay a bet on it I would go with turds. They would go on probation before losing this kid to us. 81 pages on a turd commit........I really really really really hope it is all worth the while! GET ON IT LAWSON!    :wedance:

I thought they were on probation?

I thought they were on probation?

Doesnt that end this month? Gotta wonder how long before its another double super secret probation.

:( I posted a few pages back,

http://www.auburneagle.com/WEAForum/index.php?topic=37802.msg891351#msg891351

OH! I get it, you are wondering why I have not posted about how some here see it as perfectly normal for a kid who is committed to UAT to transfer to AU high school for the last month of the school year, but when rumor pops up that the same UAT commit might be transferring down the road to Smith's Station where is old coach is it becomes another REC conspiracy, with one variation having the REC sending the kid committed to UAT to GA to just because we might be getting him?

It is really a pretty cool scenario, imagine this dramatic flip and then imagine behind the scenes an even more dramatic and diabolic REC ploy to for the unflip.  All the while, the kid is a UAT commit and nothing but Internet rumor saying he MIGHT flip. So, now IF the Kid committed to UAT does not flip, it means  the REC cheated and stole from us the player we never had and we have nice built in excuse for loosing the player we never had.

Is that the issue you were wondering about which I had not posted? 

Sorry, I just figured the story stood for itself and most everyone recognized it for what it was. That must be the case as, even without my comments, TWO people here have posted about me in reference to it. THANKS and good job guys! maybe all my past posts have not been in vain.

I also knew the mods were trying to keep the thread on track, so I tried to comply. However, YOU asked, and since nobody else has any new news, I figure I need to add something if we are ever going to get this thread beyond Ambles and Seastrunk.

PS, I hope he flips, I want him bad, I am just not going to start building up excuses in advance.

OH! I get it, you are wondering why I have not posted about how some here see it as perfectly normal for a kid who is committed to UAT to transfer to AU high school for the last month of the school year, but when rumor pops up that the same UAT commit might be transferring down the road to Smith's Station where is old coach is it becomes another REC conspiracy, with one variation having the REC sending the kid committed to UAT to GA to just because we might be getting him?

It is really a pretty cool scenario, imagine this dramatic flip and then imagine behind the scenes an even more dramatic and diabolic REC ploy to for the unflip.  All the while, the kid is a UAT commit and nothing but Internet rumor saying he MIGHT flip. So, now IF the Kid committed to UAT does not flip, it means  the REC cheated and stole from us the player we never had and we have nice built in excuse for loosing the player we never had.

Sorry, I just figured the story stood for itself and most everyone recognized it for what it was. That must be the case as, even without my comments, TWO people here have posted about me in reference to it. THANKS and good job guys! maybe all my past posts have not been in vain.

I also knew the mods were trying to keep the thread on track, so I tried to comply. However, YOU asked, and since nobody else has any new news, I figure I need to add something if we are ever going to get this thread beyond Ambles and Seastrunk.

PS, I hope he flips, I want him bad, I am just not going to start building up excuses in advance.

:bow: :bow: :laugh:

You're developing quite a reputation as an Alabama apologist 'round these parts, rockford.  FWIW, I find a lot of merit and enjoyment in your perspective.  We certainly need all the objectivity we can get around here.  (Otherwise, we're no different than 'the bammers'.  :P )

You're developing quite a reputation as an Alabama apologist 'round these parts, rockford.  FWIW, I find a lot of merit and enjoyment in your perspective.  We certainly need all the objectivity we can get around here.  (Otherwise, we're no different than 'the bammers'.   :P )

BINGO!

Thank you TT!

As much as I annoy some of our fans, you should have seen the Bammers I know when I was shooting down Camgate. At least I am an equal opportunity apologist.  :-)

While I believe that the REC is evil incarnate, I do enjoy your version of point/counterpoint. :we:

While I believe that the REC is evil incarnate, I do enjoy your version of point/counterpoint. :we:

Thank you.

Also, you may very well be right. Trust me, there is nothing I would like better to be able to catch the REC or UAT red handed cheating.

Rock - its really nothing personal. Just the rep you have developed will probably make you a small target whenever a thread starts leaning towards speaking ill of our cousin kissers out west. You have a habit of showing up in some form of defense......and I agree its a necesary evil to prevent this board from becoming BOL or the likes. I agree with alot you have to say and usually you have A LOT to say per post!  ;D    One of my best friends in colege really just enjoyed playing devils advocate......it was a bit irritating at times but we loved the guy and it made for good conversation. I say keep it up - whether good or bad, you have a name

Also, you may very well be right. Trust me, there is nothing I would like better to be able to catch the REC or UAT red handed cheating.

Nothing?  Nothing like, maybe beating them in football?   :-X

Rock - its really nothing personal. Just the rep you have developed will probably make you a small target whenever a thread starts leaning towards speaking ill of our cousin kissers out west. You have a habit of showing up in some form of defense......and I agree its a necesary evil to prevent this board from becoming BOL or the likes. I agree with alot you have to say and usually you have A LOT to say per post!  ;D    One of my best friends in colege really just enjoyed playing devils advocate......it was a bit irritating at times but we loved the guy and it made for good conversation. I say keep it up - whether good or bad, you have a name

i agree ... rockford,  i say keep it up.  I enjoy the even keeled and rational perspective.  what the heck do I have to do around here to make a name for myself?!?!?!?!  sheesh!

The two go hand in hand...

I would rather beat them. However, assuming they are getting an advanatge by cheating, catching them cheating takes away that unfair advantage and means we beat them a LOT more in football.

The two go hand in hand...

I would rather beat them. However, assuming they are getting an advanatge by cheating, catching them cheating takes away that unfair advantage and means we beat them a LOT more in football.

It was proven after Logan was discovered that without the Logan's doing their thing that harvey U is an average team.

Reuben Foster is a good football player.   :rolleyes:

Point taken. I agree, I hope we get him. Anybody got in new news?

This is strictly hearsay, but I heard this morning that Reuben Foster might flip from UA to AU. Has anyone else heard this ....?  :tease:  :o

This is strictly hearsay, but I heard this morning that Reuben Foster might flip from UA to AU. Has anyone else heard this ....?  :tease:  :o

I heard the same thing! Must be true. I also heard he is part of a package deal with OJ Howard and they are waiting to pull a TJY just so we can claim to be as low class as uat. But no matter where these guys go - they will be bought and paid for! The bagman for each school are going to roshamo the night before early enrollees decide on a school. It has been rumored the REC has bought off our bagman.    :-X      :laugh:

I heard the same thing! Must be true. I also heard he is part of a package deal with OJ Howard and they are waiting to pull a TJY just so we can claim to be as low class as uat. But no matter where these guys go - they will be bought and paid for! The bagman for each school are going to roshamo the night before early enrollees decide on a school. It has been rumored the REC has bought off our bagman.    :-X      :laugh:

;D

I find it ironic  :devil: Bally-Hoosier the fact he can get players to the NFL, yet, he couldn't cut it.

Most of his players have yet to cut it either........Julio is the lone success story to this point (DR was more or less shula as they had him projected high before  :devil: ever got there).  Someone should tell Dre to take a little peanut butter with him - goes well with toast.   

Hey Reuben, VanGorder is an actual success story who will not only get you to the pros - but was successful in the pros coaching men like you.

Archived