2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

A question I'd love to see answered re: Foster,

Why is it that a good portion of the recruiting guys don't say too much re: Foster? Is there a gag order in place not to discuss his interactions with our coaching staff all the time? I remember back to BCW, and if it weren't for quotes from other recruits we'd never known Reuben was there. BM, Hoke, Lee none of them mentioned it. Are they keeping their distance from him? It certainly seems that he's spending a great deal of time in and around the program. But rarely does this info come from those who do it for a living. What am I missing here?

Thanks.

My speculation is that his move to Auburn High, his hs coach leaving and his friendship with CCL and CTT's sons has them wondering what is going on with him. There has been a lot of talk but no action. The last time I checked (which was minutes ago) he's still a Bama guy.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why is it that a good portion of the recruiting guys don't say too much re: Foster? Is there a gag order in place not to discuss his interactions with our coaching staff all the time? I remember back to BCW, and if it weren't for quotes from other recruits we'd never known Reuben was there. BM, Hoke, Lee none of them mentioned it. Are they keeping their distance from him? It certainly seems that he's spending a great deal of time in and around the program. But rarely does this info come from those who do it for a living. What am I missing here?

Thanks.

it's easy to answer actually....the coaches want to do as little as possible to put pressure on Foster. Foster's name being in interview after interview about visit after visit to Auburn will only bring more pressure on him.

I do not know about anyone else, or if I am the only person who feels this way. Therefore I can only speak for myself by saying, "If I wanted a crash course in Economics I would enroll in an online class. This is neither the message board nor the topic on which this should be posted.

For those who seem to have forgotten, this thread is for the discussion of Reuben Fosters commitment to UA and the possibility of him flipping his commitment to AU; not matching wits with one another to determine the supreme guru of Economics 101.

:wareagle:

Thanks.

The answer to your question is a simple one. Auburn's best chance at flipping RF and keeping him flipped is not covering him that much thus not drawing anymore attention from Bammer that already there. If Foster flipped or was covered all the time by the Auburn recruiting journalists the pressure on the poor kid from the REC and the bammer Nation as a whole would be unbelieveable. We are playing a game of capture the flag with Bammer and Foster is the flag. The best way to capture that flag is by using stealth. IMO the less we hear from the Auburn media the better it is for us.

Thanks.

The answer to your question is a simple one. Auburn's best chance at flipping RF and keeping him flipped is not covering him that much thus not drawing anymore attention from Bammer that already there. If Foster flipped or was covered all the time by the Auburn recruiting journalists the pressure on the poor kid from the REC and the bammer Nation as a whole would be unbelieveable. We are playing a game of capture the flag with Bammer and Foster is the flag. The best way to capture that flag is by using stealth. IMO the less we hear from the Auburn media the better it is for us.

I think this is the most likely scenario. Do you think the coaches actually have asked them to lay low, or implied?

Has anyone else heard if he attended/participated in the Senior Camp in AU Sunday?

Thanks.

I think this is the most likely scenario. Do you think the coaches actually have asked them to lay low, or implied?

Has anyone else heard if he attended/participated in the Senior Camp in AU Sunday?

I would imagine the Auburn coaches asked the Auburn media to lay low. No reports of him being there on Sunday which may be a good thing or he could have been dealing with DaDa's passing. But we would not have known Foster was supposed to be at the camp on Sunday anyway if it were not for the national recruiting media. Chad Simmons and Keith Neibluhr broke that story. I don't recall the Auburn media tweeting it but even if they did it was after the national media tweeted it.

It is not being shady. Think poker where you slow play your opponent into thinking he has the better up until the moment you break his heart. I know it is no secret that we are recruiting him, but the less that is said the more uncertain our opponents will be. They are using resources to recruit other places just in case  they need to replace him. This means they aren't placing attention in other places that may be important. Mostly though it is to give RF some modicum of peace in this whole affair. If our side gives him space and supports him while the otherside hounds badgers and stops at nothing it makes us look that much better. Have patience he is 19 and seems to be an amazingly grounded person who committed to avoid this drama in the first place. Let us be the side that gives him that.

Thanks for the 6th grade econ lesson.

You're welcome, but it was more an explanation of why people who actually own their home were never the problem. Sorry if you missed that.

Barney Frank & Chris Dodd should both be in the penitentiary.

Guys, I'm sorry, but lost in the discussion about home loans and the economic crisis was the tiny little point that started it. The fact that Foster's mother signed a year long lease in Auburn is indicative that they intend to stay at Auburn while he is still in high school. If she had bought/buys a house, that means they plan to be there longer. If she plans to be there longer, then that probably means Reuben will be wearing orange and blue in 2013.

I'm sorry that I stirred that pot, because I wasn't trying to.

I think we have a shot. He obviously doesnt mind being in AU. He has friends who love AU. He has a good relationship with AU coaches. With that being said, I am still going to be pretty shocked if he is in class at AU come January.

Does he have any good friends at uat? Ties to the town? Current turd commits in his ear? Obviously he has  :devil: up his rear   ;D

I think we have a shot. He obviously doesnt mind being in AU. He has friends who love AU. He has a good relationship with AU coaches. With that being said, I am still going to be pretty shocked if he is in class at AU come January.

Does he have any good friends at uat? Ties to the town? Current turd commits in his ear? Obviously he has  :devil: up his rear   ;D

Yes. He is good friends with Howard.

I really don't think that him transferring to Auburn HS could've worked out any better for us. If he would've stayed in Georgia then we def wouldn't have had a chance at all in my opinion

I really don't think that him transferring to Auburn HS could've worked out any better for us. If he would've stayed in Georgia then we def wouldn't have had a chance at all in my opinion

I'm not sure that he didn't transfer to Auburn HS specifically because he was interested in Auburn, to be honest. I know he wanted to be in the state of Alabama so he could enroll early, and I know he wanted to stay close to Lagrange, but Valley High School is closer to Lagrange, and I'm pretty sure it's a 6A school too. I think AHS is considered more of a powerhouse program, but I'm not sure why that would matter too much to him considering that he's already one of the most highly touted prospects in the country.

Again, I think he had more interest in Auburn than anyone at Alabama cared to admit, and I think him moving to Auburn simply moved him in the right direction.

Just food for thought.

I'm not sure that he didn't transfer to Auburn HS specifically because he was interested in Auburn, to be honest. I know he wanted to be in the state of Alabama so he could enroll early, and I know he wanted to stay close to Lagrange, but Valley High School is closer to Lagrange, and I'm pretty sure it's a 6A school too. I think AHS is considered more of a powerhouse program, but I'm not sure why that would matter too much to him considering that he's already one of the most highly touted prospects in the country.

Again, I think he had more interest in Auburn than anyone at Alabama cared to admit, and I think him moving to Auburn simply moved him in the right direction.

Just food for thought.

Thanks for the insight WDE!!!

So he is good friends with Howard. Is he the lawson or liner of their class? Or is it just kind of "hey, buddy. Im a turd commit, youre a turd commit, wanna play in the toilet together?"

So he is good friends with Howard. Is he the lawson or liner of their class? Or is it just kind of "hey, buddy. Im a turd commit, youre a turd commit, wanna play in the toilet together?"

Lawson and Liner have been recruiting for Auburn for a while now. Foster has been hanging out at the Auburn athletics complex.

I'm not sure where ellitor got them being good friends, either. I know they are acquainted, but I haven't heard anything to suggest they are more than just guys who met on recruiting trips and thought the other was cool. The only reason that I know of them being associated together beyond that is that both have been rumored to flip to Auburn.

Lawson and Liner have been recruiting for Auburn for a while now. Foster has been hanging out at the Auburn athletics complex.

I'm not sure where ellitor got them being good friends, either. I know they are acquainted, but I haven't heard anything to suggest they are more than just guys who met on recruiting trips and thought the other was cool. The only reason that I know of them being associated together beyond that is that both have been rumored to flip to Auburn.

I got it from Bammers i trust. I am not saying or implying Howard will keep us from getting Foster away from them. I was just answering the question about does Bammer have anyone in Foster's ear.

I got it from Bammers i trust. I am not saying or implying Howard will keep us from getting Foster away from them. I was just answering the question about does Bammer have anyone in Foster's ear.

I actually almost asked when you posted it; I'm guessing that they are playing up the friendship as much as they can, even though I don't think it's going to amount to a hill of beans. If he listens to a friend, I'd be more inclined to think he would listen to Quan Bray, whom he played with, than I would OJ Howard, who he met because both were recruited by Bama.

I know Auburn High is excited to have him and hopefully he can be one of the missing pieces to a state championship for Auburn High.  they have been so clsoe the last few years and are really coming on as a powerhouse program in the state.

Archived