2013 5* LB Reuben Foster (Alabama signee)

aubfan25

I feel like we have unturned every stone there is with foster in relation to AU - I just want to know the uat side of it without having to venture in that direction. I know, I know ------ I am bored and realize that we have 6 months left before the great debate is over!     

In simplest terms UAT insiders that are not employed by one of their propaganda recruiting sites have basically conceded Foster to Auburn.

Then why won't he change his commitment now? What is he waiting on?

As already explained in this thread, the pressure that will come with the switch, ala B. Calloway. 

Completely different situation IMO. He goes to school at AU high and as far as I know, there is no "peaches" to deal with. I may be wrong.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel like we have unturned every stone there is with foster in relation to AU - I just want to know the uat side of it without having to venture in that direction. I know, I know ------ I am bored and realize that we have 6 months left before the great debate is over!     

In simplest terms UAT insiders that are not employed by one of their propaganda recruiting sites have basically conceded Foster to Auburn.

As already explained in this thread, the pressure that will come with the switch, ala B. Calloway. 

Completely different situation IMO. He goes to school at AU high and as far as I know, there is no "peaches" to deal with. I may be wrong.

There are millions of peaches...(Presidents of the USA reference)

There are millions of peaches...(Presidents of the USA reference)

I really like that song.

Peaches for me  ;D

WOW!!! That takes me back to the college days!!!  Hated that song then.  My roommate became a huge "Presidents" fan and played them much more often than should be legally allowed!!!  WDE Class of '98!!

Just because there's no guardian bammer involved doesn't mean the pressure wouldn't come.  Let's be real here. 

Just because there's no guardian bammer involved doesn't mean the pressure wouldn't come.  Let's be real here. 

If what everyone says is true, he already has a ton of pressure. It will not make much of a difference at this point. And, like I said, he is surrounded by AU people. That helps take the pressure off. He can pretty much drive to AU campus every day if he wants...

This is what I posted yesterday and even though it is about the Auburn media it still applies...

The answer to your question is a simple one. Auburn's best chance at flipping RF and keeping him flipped is not covering him that much thus not drawing anymore attention from Bammer that already there. If Foster flipped or was covered all the time by the Auburn recruiting journalists the pressure on the poor kid from the REC and the bammer Nation as a whole would be unbelieveable. We are playing a game of capture the flag with Bammer and Foster is the flag. The best way to capture that flag is by using stealth. IMO the less we hear from the Auburn media the better it is for us.

The kid should just choose where he wants to go and be done with it. It is his life. The cat and mouse game makes no sense, especially if he knows he wants to go to AU.

What ever happened to saying "I made a mistake. I respect uat and the coaches at uat, but I want to go to AU. It is my life and this is my decision. Thanks". 

Like Craig Sanders.

The kid should just choose where he wants to go and be done with it. It is his life. The cat and mouse game makes no sense, especially if he knows he wants to go to AU.

What ever happened to saying "I made a mistake. I respect uat and the coaches at uat, but I want to go to AU. It is my life and this is my decision. Thanks".   

Like Craig Sanders.

The REC and the insane Bammer nation make that impossible when the kid is the conscencus #2 overall recruit in the nation.

Like Craig Sanders.

The REC and the insane Bammer nation make that impossible when the kid is the conscencus #2 overall recruit in the nation.

I already told him that, but he thinks it doesn't affect things.  :-X

Like Craig Sanders.

Problem is, a few months ago he KNEW he wanted to go to UAT.  I think it is foolish for ANY of these kids to make a public verbal commitment before they actually HAVE to do so. I know sometimes  they have to tell the coaches in order to not lose a spot, but they could do that privately.

Recruits don't owe it to anyone to tell them where they are going, even if they know (or think they know).

It is the Internet (me included) that creates most of the Drama, not the recruits.

Suffice it to say that with the DL-men that AU is recruiting this year Mr. Foster could write an even better resume for himself over the next 4-5 years if he signs with us on NSD.

Suffice it to say that with the DL-men that AU is recruiting this year Mr. Foster could write an even better resume for himself over the next 4-5 years if he signs with us on NSD.

He won't have to sign if he is in class in January.  ;)

If he truly is confused, he can decommit and then just not choose a school until he is sure. He does not have to commit to AU. At this point, why stay committed? De-commit and choose in December. I would be willing to bet that both schools will have an open spot available. 

Word in the bama camp is Derrick Henry is about to decommit from GA to them as an ILB. Connecting the dots this would mean Rueben is not going to uat. Stay tuned.

Well, the decommit part has happened now....

EDIT: Not Foster's decommitment, but Henry's =)

Does the fact that d henry just decommitted from uga (and will probably head to uat) help us with foster or is henry fgoing to play RB with the other 2 that are in that class?

Word in the bama camp is Derrick Henry is about to decommit from GA to them as an ILB. Connecting the dots this would mean Rueben is not going to uat. Stay tuned.

Well, the decommit part has happened now....

ha - just posted the same thing at the same time.

Does the fact that d henry just decommitted from uga (and will probably head to uat) help us with foster or is henry fgoing to play RB with the other 2 that are in that class?

I saw where Henry was saying he thought he could either play LB or FB at bama and play earlier than he would at uga.  I thought that was pretty funny with the LB depth they've got at bama.  If he wants to be FB, more power to him, though.  He'd be much better off at another position where he could really use his athleticism.

I saw where Henry was saying he thought he could either play LB or FB at bama and play earlier than he would at uga.  I thought that was pretty funny with the LB depth they've got at bama. 

Laughable.  It's humorous what these kids will fall for from  :devil:

So this is what I am talking about. A kid like D henry, a 5* recruit, has no problem decommitting from UGA today and will probably go to uat. Foster should do the same thing if he is not sure. Just my opinion.

On a side note, I did not think that uat went after committed prospects. 2 RBs in 2 years that were committed to other schools.

Someone needs to start taking their recruits.

I heard the same from someone I trust.

If he truly is confused, he can decommit and then just not choose a school until he is sure. He does not have to commit to AU. At this point, why stay committed? De-commit and choose in December. I would be willing to bet that both schools will have an open spot available. 

That would create just as much pressure from the REC and the Bammer crazies as him flipping. Trust those of us telling you it would be better on Foster if he stays committed to Bammer for a while longer.

That would create just as much pressure from the REC and the Bammer crazies as him flipping. Trust those of us telling you it would be better on Foster if he stays committed to Bammer for a while longer.

Stay committed to bammer until the day he enrolls at AU. Smartest and safest way to handle it.

Stay committed to bammer until the day he enrolls at AU. Smartest and safest way to handle it.

I am sure that many will agree with you, but I am not a fan of this. Granted I will take any and all great players that want to come to AU, but i would rather them not do what TYJ did to us last year. That was terrible.

Archived