Georgia Game Thread

CarolinaTiger

Oh you poor thing. Having to wait an extra 2 minutes through the TV.

Good lord :rolleyes:

121112[/snapback]

I'm more concerned about injuries in a game that is already decided.

Game. Set. Match

24-6

SL, still think AU was looking past UGA???

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Attempt a 2pt conversion???? I hope Tubby sends the 1st team offense back in and let's Borges punch in another score.  :angry:

121105[/snapback]

You're actually angry at that how again? Did it hurt your pride or something?

121106[/snapback]

What's the point??? Like calling timeout with AU stll moving the ball on you. Chicken!@#$ IMO. UGA has lost, why prolong this?

121111[/snapback]

You do realize that most media people don't look at boxscores or even watch the games. 24-6 looks like UGA was held to two fieldgoals, rather than a touchdown. In my opinion, it only helps AU.

Oh, and what's the consenses of the type of UGA fans at the Dawgvent?  Is that typical?  Some are level some are Bammer-like.

121114[/snapback]

The Vent is its own world that I will never understand. The Chat place has some of the weirdest, extreme, odd people ever assembled.

Greene looked bad tonight...why didnt richt do more with dj? he looked pretty sharp on that first drive that he was in.

Oh well...turnovers in the redzone will never win you a game.

Congrats AU...

I thought UGA would put up more of a fight...what was wrong with them?

121122[/snapback]

They were seriously overrated. But, that's lucky for us...

Speaking of overrated, Ok's win over a Top 10 team is Texas, Texas, which needed a miracle to beat Kansas. So, we better not hear Ok complaining about our schedule and 3 wins over then top 10 rated teams...

Greene looked bad tonight...why didnt richt do more with dj? he looked pretty sharp on that first drive that he was in.

Oh well...turnovers in the redzone will never win you a game.

Congrats AU...

121125[/snapback]

The redzone has been an utter and complete joke for Richt his entire career at UGA. Now is catching up to him.

As for DJ, I wanted to stay with Greene. DJ looks good but far from great.

I still am scared to DEATH about DJ starting full-time next year. Oh good lord... :no:

Oh, and what's the consenses of the type of UGA fans at the Dawgvent?  Is that typical?  Some are level some are Bammer-like.

121114[/snapback]

The Vent is its own world that I will never understand. The Chat place has some of the weirdest, extreme, odd people ever assembled.

121121[/snapback]

Ok, I thought so! I wouldn't think UGA fans could touch the classlessness of LSU fans, but the vent has some that seek to find that low at times. They can't reach it, but they try!

Just let it be people...I am trying not to think about it. ;)

6 days was the bet.....

Brown will be fine I am sure....I am not worried about the Tech game even without Brown. I am more worried about Richt getting his head out of his ass and hiring an OC.

121110[/snapback]

Slink< I think Monday would be long enough on the avatar.

You are a good sport. :)

Other than Rosegreen hit late, the hard hit his head was down, so I wont hold it against him, We were great.

I think we might have left 14, maybe 17, points on the field tonight.

Rosegreen's hit on Brown was unfortunate, but I honestly don't believe it was intentional. Brown ducked as JR hit him, and the helmets collided. I watched it several times on CBS replay. Announcers agreed it was a clean and non-intentional hit.

Did anyone get to see a profile shot of that UGA touchdown? Just curious because it looked awfully close from behind. I can only imagine how bad Tuberville wanted that shutout...

It was a close call. CBS never ran a replay of it except from behind which showed us nothing. They probably didn't want to start a controversy because from the angle I saw from TV, he did not make it. Pope went out of bounds around the two but the ref had already signaled TD. Oh well, we got the win and the shut out would have been nice. The dominating win was the most important thing.

I thought UGA would put up more of a fight...what was wrong with them?

121122[/snapback]

They were seriously overrated. But, that's lucky for us...

Speaking of overrated, Ok's win over a Top 10 team is Texas, Texas, which needed a miracle to beat Kansas. So, we better not hear Ok complaining about our schedule and 3 wins over then top 10 rated teams...

121126[/snapback]

I don't know. the more I watch AU the more I feel that we are seriously UNDERRATED. We should be at least 2 and maybe 1. We have had only one close call and that was with a top ten team the #rd game of the season. Even our bad games we won by 20.

I think we're definately number 1. USC doesn't do it for me, they're only sitting there because that is where they started back in mid August. The debate of whos better between AU and OU should include USC in my opinion.

On another note, I thought UGA did an excellent job tackling tonight. We didn't gather too many tiger yards. They made sure they wrapped up and held on.

It was a close call.  CBS never ran a replay of it except from behind which showed us nothing.  They probably didn't want to start a controversy because from the angle I saw from TV, he did not make it.  Pope went out of bounds around the two but the ref had already signaled TD.  Oh well, we got the win and the shut out would have been nice.  The dominating win was the most important thing.

121157[/snapback]

From my living room vantage point, I saw Pope extend his arm to put the point of the ball over the goal line just before he went out of bounds. The ref was standing right by the pylon and signaled TD as soon as it happened, and before Pope made it all the way out of bounds. Pope is 6'-7", so his wingspan on one side is over a yard long. As much as I hate to admit it ... it looked like a good call to me. Smart play by Pope. Sopomore, dang. He's going to be hard to stop the next couple of years.

Archived