2013 Auburn Softball

all4AU

Auburn opened the season 5-0 after sweeping the Plainsman Invitational here in Auburn. The competition wasn't that strong, but this young AU team with 9 freshman needs some time to get their feet under them. Our pitching looked much better on Saturday and Sunday than it did on Friday. Auburn plays 6 games next week, all in Auburn.

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the UF game Friday and wow is all I can say. Those UF girls got some pop in their bats. 3 run homer one inning then grand slam following inning and their pitcher couldn't be touched. 13-0 UF.

• 2 weeks later...

AU beats Bama today 7-4 in T-town. First win over the Tide since 2006. They had won 18 straight entering today. Great job, ladies! War Eagle!

AU beats Bama today 7-4 in T-town. First win over the Tide since 2006. They had won 18 straight entering today. Great job, ladies! War Eagle!

Just beat me to it all4AU. haha. This was a big win for our ladies. War Eagle!

UAT whipping the Lady Tigers big today. The difference in AU and UAT? AU has bases loaded with no outs. Two ground balls to 1st, force outs at the plate and a pop up to short. No runs scored. UAT has bases loaded with no outs. Scores 7 runs. We still have a good team with a lot of potential. We will be a force in the SEC this season.

UAT whipping the Lady Tigers big today. The difference in AU and UAT? AU has bases loaded with no outs. Two ground balls to 1st, force outs at the plate and a pop up to short. No runs scored. UAT has bases loaded with no outs. Scores 7 runs. We still have a good team with a lot of potential. We will be a force in the SEC this season.

Your logo does say "sunshine pumper" but even an admitted sunshine pumper should have to stutter a bit before declaring that we will be a force in the SEC this year. A 2-7 start wouldn't speak of "force" to most observers. I don't think we'll finish in the top half.

Archived