2014 4* CB Stephen Roberts has FLIPPED FROM BAMA TO AUBURN!!!!

ellitor

1152892.jpg

Stephen Roberts, CB

Opelika, AL

6'0 / 177 / 4.36

247Sports: 4* (Top247 - No. 174)

Rivals: 4* (Rivals250 - No. 188)

Scout: 4*

Roberts helped get Opelika to the class 6A state championship game with 52 tackles and four interceptions on the year. In the state title game, against Hoover (Ala.), he notched five tackles and a tackle for loss.

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6672437

Offers: Alabama, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Kentucky and Vanderbilt, among others.

- Recruiters: Rhett Lashlee (P) Melvin Smith (S)

- Previously committed to Alabama

Hudl Highlights

1382338_634378369935475_271333241_n.jpg

255029_487740397932607_1735072851_n.jpg?lvh=1

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He will b told like all recruits looking at AU and uat that if he wants to go pro go to uat. So tired of that bs being out there, just wish these kids would wise up and realize if that was true guys like Bo, cam, ronnie, caddy,and so many other AU alums wouldn't exist! The question from recruits when this statement is asked is how many of these uat turds are nfl household names? Especially at db

Definitely not wanting to cause an argument, but none of those guys you mentioned played for Chizik's staff. Since Chiz took over, Cam and Nick played their one year and got out before they could be coached down. The verdict is still out on this new staff because we haven't seen the on-field product yet, but if things continue as they have been, they will only go pro if they go anywhere else. Malzahn will have to prove that he can put DB's in the NFL for people to believe it.

Definitely not wanting to cause an argument, but none of those guys you mentioned played for Chizik's staff. Since Chiz took over, Cam and Nick played their one year and got out before they could be coached down. The verdict is still out on this new staff because we haven't seen the on-field product yet, but if things continue as they have been, they will only go pro if they go anywhere else. Malzahn will have to prove that he can put DB's in the NFL for people to believe it.

True ^. But now it's not just AU anymore that these stories of nick can get u in the nfl before anyone else can bs are being told to. My answer to these athletes is if I was a recruiter,would be to let all athletes know is that if u are a good football player the nfl will find u, just ask Jerry rice, John stallworth, tony romo and co.

He will b told like all recruits looking at AU and uat that if he wants to go pro go to uat. So tired of that bs being out there, just wish these kids would wise up and realize if that was true guys like Bo, cam, ronnie, caddy,and so many other AU alums wouldn't exist! The question from recruits when this statement is asked is how many of these uat turds are nfl household names? Especially at db

If we see a few of these Juco players step up and become nfl draft picks as well as some of your new recruits and current players step up and have a solid season I think that stereotype starts to fade. Not to mention if uat loses a few. Young 17-18 year old kids live in the moment, so if Auburn has a 8-9 win season and the bammers get 10 wins, all bets are off.

I watch Opelika a lot. I don't know this kids speed but he is a very physical player and very aggressive with the ball in the air. He goes for interceptions more than any Opelika DB I have seen. Makes a good many of them.

This kid is one of the main reasons that Opelika beat Carver in the playoffs this year. They played in Montgomery and Carver was down 3 or 4 points with about two minutes to go. Jeremy Johnson drove Carver down the field and was around the 15-20 yard line. JJ threw a beautiful fade to the corner that actually landed in the WRs hands but Roberts made a last second play on the ball to knock it away. I dont know how he even saw the ball much less had the hand-eye coordination to react and make the play. It reminded of the Jerraud Powers play in the IB against DJ Hall where he made a similar play in the end zone to knock it out of the WRs hands. Powers actually intercepted that pass though. Anyway i wanted this kid since then.

I really hope we can break him away from the bama haven that is Opelika. It's crazy how many bama fans are here. By the way I read somewhere that Roberts has been timed as fast as 4.36!! That's country fast son!

Love seeing local kids come to Auburn they always seem to play with intensity and heart. Also can we please have one recruit thread where there is no mention of the turds and how we're afraid we'll lose every recruit to them?

Love seeing local kids come to Auburn they always seem to play with intensity and heart. Also can we please have one recruit thread where there is no mention of the turds and how we're afraid we'll lose every recruit to them?

Especially starting as early as post #3. Way too early for that.

I would love to see this kid pull the trigger early for the good guys! Since he grew up an Auburn fan, I like our chances.

Have not seen him say this.

I would love to see this kid pull the trigger early for the good guys! Since he grew up an Auburn fan, I like our chances.

It's in the Rivals video. The reporter says it like it's common knowledge and he doesn't dispute it.

E, the free Rivals artice on page 1 says that Auburn was his favorite childhood team. I sure hope this is true!

It's in the Rivals video. The reporter says it like it's common knowledge and he doesn't dispute it.

Oops. Missed that the first time. It's at the 1:23 mark. Still, if there is one thing the past 2 years have taught us it's that childhood fandom does mean anything in the end in many cases.

Oops. Missed that the first time. It's at the 1:23 mark. Still, if there is one thing the past 2 years have taught us it's that childhood fandom does mean anything in the end in many cases.

I for one chalk a'lot of that up to the previous staff. I feel like now that we have maybe the two best recruiters (as a body of work, not just the last year) in the Southeast and both happen to be Auburn men. Recent (recruiting) history will be a non-factor if we have a decent year on the field.

• 4 weeks later...

It's been slow around here, but this isn't really a surprising is it?

Actually it is. Auburn was the expected leader. Hoke says even if Roberts commits somewhere this summer it will not be over til next February.

I just saw this on twitter this morning and it made me nauscious. Yeah I too thought we were in good shape here since he supposedly grew up an Auburn fan.

I just saw this on twitter this morning and it made me nauscious. Yeah I too thought we were in good shape here since he supposedly grew up an Auburn fan.

I still think we are ultimately in descent shape. Bama is planning on taking 1 or 2 more CBs and Humphrey takes one of those spots.

I still think we are ultimately in descent shape. Bama is planning on taking 1 or 2 more CBs and Humphrey takes one of those spots.

We have some other guys as well on the radar (i.e. Bonny/TX) but this is a favorite tactic of sabear. If we show him it bothers us he just twists harder. (see MLB-AHS c/o 2012) In the end most don't even sniff the field up there. I recommend we lock this thread until NSD 2014. I suggest a nonchalant :crossed arms: approach if you wish to remain insanity-free. JMOTIFWIW

From the past several years under Satan, Bammer make it priority to take 4/5 stars from Auburn and Opelika High. When was the last time, we take highly recruited In Lee County directly from High School? It might be something 10 years ago. I expect Stephen Roberts to sign with Bammer, they will take him to play Special Teams only.

Archived