2014 4* CB Stephen Roberts has FLIPPED FROM BAMA TO AUBURN!!!!

ellitor

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How is it we can't get these kids from Opelika and Auburn?

We have had an Opelika player each of the past 15 yeas. As for Auburn the only players we have wanred were Reuben, Fanning, and Finley from a few years ago.Of those, Finley was the only one that was at Auburn High for more than one year.

We have had an Opelika player each of the past 15 yeas. As for Auburn the only players we have wanred were Reuben, Fanning, and Finley from a few years ago.Of those, Finley was the only one that was at Auburn High for more than one year.

What about the kid that went to UF? The name escapes me. It still not good to not get the kids that live 20 minutes from campus. Even Grant went to uat until he saw the light. The better question is when was the last we got a player we offered from Auburn/Opelika?

What about the kid that went to UF? The name escapes me. It still not good to not get the kids that live 20 minutes from campus. Even Grant went to uat until he saw the light. The better question is when was the last we got a player we offered from Auburn/Opelika?

Finleyis the player I was referring to who went to Florida. To answer your other question. Zack Clayton (Opelika) signed with in 2006 and John Sullem (Auburn) in 2009

Finleyis the player I was referring to who went to Florida. To answer your other question. Zack Clayton (Opelika) signed with in 2006 and John Sullem (Auburn) in 2009

Thanks E.

E - How many DB's will they take? Roberts and Humphrey would be the two I guess or would they take three with Ruffin or someone else?

EDIT : They have Bessent as well so Ruffin is out? they have a Safety as well already and they have signed some good ones already. Help us w/ Clark?

E - How many DB's will they take? Roberts and Humphrey would be the two I guess or would they take three with Ruffin or someone else?

EDIT : They have Bessent as well so Ruffin is out? they have a Safety as well already and they have signed some good ones already. Help us w/ Clark?

It appears Ruffin will have to blow their coaches away at their camp to get in front of Tony Brown and Tabor on their short list. I don't think his Bama offer is commitable at the moment. To those who hate Bama recruiting talk on here I apologize. No worries though. This thread will probably be moved to Rivals recruiting after Roberts makes it official today.

When it comes to DBs we have to let bama get all they want and we will fight over the left overs. I hope that is not the way on all positions, though it has been on most. It will always be that way while saban is there.

When it comes to DBs we have to let bama get all they want and we will fight over the left overs. I hope that is not the way on all positions, though it has been on most. It will always be that way while saban is there.

It will change when we can consistently beat him.

It will change when we can consistently beat him.

Although I hope it does, I don;t think that will consistently happen. Part of me hopes we weather the storm as good as possible til he retires.

Why?

I honestly believe guys that we can beat him consistently and this is the group (staff) to do it. if they can't then it may not be possible in the foreseeable future. With news and social media what they are the REC will slip up, eventually as well. There have been some mighty empires in this world. They have all fallen eventually. Too much of a good thing is a slow poison that eats from the inside.

This....the sun has shined on their butts for 3 of the last 4 years. They were lucky in each of the 3 seasons that they won it all. They went the entire season with ref help(in 09) and backed into it the last 2 years. They lost a bunch of key starters off of last years team. Once they start losing, the infighting will start. Shorty treats people like crap and they will stop taking it at some point and the mutiny will begin. Also, Emmert and Shorty will be exposed. Public opinion is starting to change and all you need is someone nationally to start digging. IT WILL HAPPEN!

I honestly believe guys that we can beat him consistently and this is the group (staff) to do it. if they can't then it may not be possible in the foreseeable future. With news and social media what they are the REC will slip up, eventually as well. There have been some mighty empires in this world. They have all fallen eventually. Too much of a good thing is a slow poison that eats from the inside.

This....the sun has shined on their butts for 3 of the last 4 years. They were lucky in each of the 3 seasons that they won it all. They went the entire season with ref help(in 09) and backed into it the last 2 years. They lost a bunch of key starters off of last years team. Once they start losing, the infighting will start. Shorty treats people like crap and they will stop taking it at some point and the mutiny will begin. Also, Emmert and Shorty will be exposed. Public opinion is starting to change and all you need is someone nationally to start digging. IT WILL HAPPEN!

Emmert will be jobless soon if he's not careful. Then the real action will begin.

Powers, McFadden, Lee, Rogers, just a few DBS AU has put in the league along with Demond Washington and Thorpe lately...With Rogers and Powers doing pretty good IMO. Outside of Kareem Jackson and Dre..Since his arrival at Updyke U what other CBS trained by Lord Farquhar are in the league?

I mean if a path to the NFL is his main reason for choosing Updyke U..maybe he should have looked at AU recent track record of CBS in the league....

Are we really talking about this? They have a much better track record and the head coach actually coaches the DBs. We cant compete with that. Plus we had one stud in the last 10 years and that was Rogers (that made took it to the NFL). We have a long ways to catch up, but not just on DBs. But that is what this thread is about and it is a slam dunk. That is why.

Are we really talking about this? They have a much better track record and the head coach actually coaches the DBs. We cant compete with that. Plus we had one stud in the last 10 years and that was Rogers (that made took it to the NFL). We have a long ways to catch up, but not just on DBs. But that is what this thread is about and it is a slam dunk. That is why.

So outside of Dre and Kareem (whom i dont consider absolute studs at this point) what CB's from UA has Saban sent to NFL that u would consider absolute studs. The discussion centered around why Roberts would head to UA over AU and it was based on Saban's pedigree in developing cb's yet I can only think of 3..since his arrival and that's Jackson, Arenas, and Dre. While AU has had Washington, McFadden, and Thorpe. With Powers, Lee and Rogers from years before. Sometimes perception is not always reality....Ellis Johnson, Harbison and Smith have tutored some pretty good cb's in there time as coaches as well...Roberts would have had access to some damn fine coaching at Auburn too, and his NFL chances would not be diminished by suiting up in the orange and blue..,

I'd put Powers up against anyone short or Kirkpatrick (Jackson included). Powers was impressively underrated. Went to the NFL and started immediately. He was great. I can't say the same about any guy recruited since Tubs left. Even Walt was a Tuberville guy. Been a while since we trained great DBs.

Archived