War Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SouthLink02

This may already be a topic...and this sentiment will likely occur in other places...but I type it here anyway:

I am thankful for a lot of things about last night's game. I am thankful that UGA's #1 walked off the field (so sorry, all I can remember is his number and his first name). The reason I remember his name is my second reason for being thankful: For the way the AU crowd joined in the chant "REG-GIE, REG-GIE" as they were attending him. The third was watching everyone on the AU bench go out to the field to pray!

That was one of the best examples of what it means to BE AN AUBURN TIGER!!!! And its "Great to be an Auburn Tiger!!!"

Southlink: you a classy fan. Its cool getting to know you through this board.

:au: WAR EAGLE :au:

Thanks Southlink!! Even if that was due to a bet, that shows some class. Keep it up and you may erase my memory of UGA fans trying to rip up our "AU" emblem after the game in the late '80's. Good luck in the rest of your games. You never know, we may meet again soon.

This is just a shameless bump, maybe we should stick it to the top for a week! :D

Nah, but thanks for being a good sport Slink. You will continue to have my respect.

Hey Southlink; that was gutty man. And a true sport. As a fellow Athenian I'll come back at you with a GO DAWGS! pound Tech!!! And thank goodness Reggie Brown is OK. :D WAR EAGLE!! BEAT BAMA!! :au:

Slink, you could give a few corndogs a lesson in good sportsmanship.

Personally, I was sick and worried and almost in tears about Reggie Brown just like he was one of ours. I was so relieved to see him walk off. I know Junior was as relieved as anyone. I saw so many instances of players from opposing teams helping each other up and slapping each other on the back after a good play - such excellent examples of how a good rivalry game should play out between gentlemen. Even the Auburn coaches patted a Georgia guy on the butt when he ran out of bounds on our sidelines. Such class on both sides.

:au: That is why UGA will always be my second favorite team. :uga:

I appreciate it everyone.

Now, with that said. Let's all put this thread behind us and move on ;)

122104[/snapback]

I nominate this thread to the classics forum so it can be enjoyed for years to come. :)

Archived