We will not jump...

DKW 86

I just do not see us jumping over an OU team beating folks on the road. They have been #2 all year, ALL YEAR GUYS! They have had to beat team's A game all year!

On the bright side, :au: will be the reason the BCS is finally killed off. We will be legend for doing that idiotic process in.

not so fast, my friend !!!!!.....i think AU jumps the very nervous sooners in the AP.....the coaches that saw stoops trying to run it up on the huskers might not take kindly to that,either.....i have a feeling that we are going to be some happy folks this afternoon

I agree that AU should jump. Look at the media. The websites. ESPN.com and CNNSI.com are full of Auburn is Great news.

Also, look at the teams in the polls. GA, TN, LSU all ranked. Hopefully, LSU will make it pretty close to the top 10 now.

Think of the impact of the Wisconsin game. Will the voters ask themselves if any of the other unbeaten teams (possibly on the west coast) are there because of weak schedules?

I think it will help in the voting polls. Haven't figured out the computers yet.

I don't think we will jump ahead of OU today, but we will close the gap significantly and after 2 more wins wins, the voters will then say, OK, you've shown me, and we will move to # 2!!

I don't think we will jump ahead of OU today, but we will close the gap significantly and after 2 more wins wins, the voters will then say, OK, you've shown me, and we will move to # 2!!

121361[/snapback]

I agree that we probably won't jump this week, but if we win out we will

If we are going to jump them, it has to be today. We will not have near the buzz and attention after beating an underwhelming 'Bama team and way overrated UT team. In fact, we may get criticism for running up the score against them (assuming things go to plan...)

I just hope Stoops attempted running up of the score by passing late in the 4th quarter with a 30 point lead will come back to hurt him in the end. It would be a shame if one of his star players were to get hurt in that situation, but it would be his own fault. I also like how Nebraska, in response to the late attempt at running up the score, kicked a field goal as time expired to take away their shutout.

If we are going to jump them, it has to be today.  We will not have near the buzz and attention after beating an underwhelming 'Bama team and way overrated UT team.  In fact, we may get criticism for running up the score against them (assuming things go to plan...)

121365[/snapback]

Agreed. We jump today, and consolidate the position over the next two games as the hesitant get more comfortable with the notion of AU being there.

On the bright side, :au: will be the reason the BCS is finally killed off. We will be legend for doing that idiotic process in.

121339[/snapback]

Excellent point, David.

Now don't get me wrong, I'd much rather have a MNC trophy. But to be honest, if this is the year that triggers a real playoff in Div. 1, Auburn's name will be remembered much longer than any MNC. I couldn't tell you who won the MNC in say, 1968, 1989, 1996, or even 2000, etc. But if Auburn being left out of the Orange Bowl caused a major revolution & playoff series in NCAA Division 1, sportswriters and announcers would be repeating that story at playoff time forever.

I'd still rather see Ronnie, Carnell, Jason, Carlos, Junior, & Co. with Orange Bowl rings, though!

IF we win out (and don't forget that it is still an "if") then I see no way that we do not jump to #2. Even though the SEC is down this year, surely EVERYONE agrees that the SEC is better than the Big 12. And surely EVERYONE agrees that we have dominated our conference more than OU has dominated their's.

If we don't jump over this week, we will after the SECCG if we continue to take care of "bidness."

Does anyone know if EVER an SEC team has gone undefeated and not played for the Nat'l Championship?

Archived