Congratulations on a great season, from an LSU fan

spruce22

I know the excitement you guys must be feeling as fans, as we went throught it last year (although we had our 1 loss, but that was easy to forget:)

You're playing with the swagger of a championship team, and I sincerely hope you don't get screwed out of a deserved chance at the title. Of course, there's still a tough road ahead in the SECCG game, but with the way you guys are playing it should look like the GA/LSU CG last year.

Here's to hoping for two SEC West National champions in a row!

P.S- We can go back to hating each other at the beginning of next year, but until then I'll be a War Eagle supporter!

Thanks, Spruce!!!

For the record, in my book :lsu: deserved to be undisputed champs last year. Even though it might have helped us look better this Saturday for UAT to be ranked in the top 25, congrats on whupping them good in the 2nd half. They should know better than to mess with Tigers!!

Thanks, Spruce, for the nice words.  And thanks for taking care of the bammers last night.  We plan on making it two Ls in a row for them this weekend.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!

121469[/snapback]

Please give them a whipping. They're fans and the announcers really got to me. That no call on the pass interference was b.s and we got lucky, but that was one play. That penalty didn't force them to let us run them all over the field in the 4th quarter. I saw a Bama fan this morning and he said they deserved to win because of that.

So kill em!

Thanks, Spruce!!!

For the record, in my book  :lsu: deserved to be undisputed champs last year.  Even though it might have helped us look better this Saturday for UAT to be ranked in the top 25, congrats on whupping them good in the 2nd half.  They should know better than to mess with Tigers!!

121414[/snapback]

Thanks the NC recognition. I hope you guys get a shot at USC, I'd feel bad for OK losing to two tigers two years in a row:)

Question - who you guys got coming in for QB next year?

Bammers think they deserve to win them all just because they are bama. The no call was big, but who is to say that they even score on that drive? They lost by 16, 7 more still gives them only 17, so they still lose. They were manhandled in the 4th qtr, so even if that play was a turning point, I still believe they lose.

Have a guy by the name of Brandon Cox. A left handed pure passer. He was Mr football of Alabama a couple of years ago. Got a medical redshirt for one year because of some strange muscle disease, then spent a year as a regular redshirt. He's been out of high school for three years, and will be a sophomore next year. He's played a good bit this year, and has two years under his belt behind Campbell. He has a lot of potential, but is unproven as of yet.

Question - who you guys got coming in for QB next year?

Brandon Cox will likely be the starter for us next season. He's shown flashes of greatness but also looked pretty bad at times. Here's what he did in highschool.

As a senior, completed 233-of-329 passes (70.8%) for 2,887 yards and 27 touchdowns ... Completion percentage of 70.8 was a Class 6A state record ... During career, completed 424-of-617 passes (68.7%) for 5,417 yards and 50 touchdowns ...Set a state record with career .687 completion percentage ...State of Alabama Mr. Football by ASWA ... Named the Class 6A Back of the Year by Alabama Sports Writers Association ...ASWA all-state selection ... Birmingham News Super All-State and Class 6A all-state selection ...Birmingham News Metro Player of the Year ... Huntsville Times Elite 11 ... Four-year starter ... Ranked one of the top 10 pro-style quarterbacks in the nation by Rivals100.com ... Ranked one of the top 20 quarterbacks in the nation by ESPN.com ... SuperPrep Magazine All-American ... Ranked one of the top five players in the state of Alabama by SuperPrep Magazine ...Prep Star All-American ... Atlanta Journal Constitution Super Southern 100 ... Also played basketball and baseball and was a second-team All-State selection as a pitcher.

Bammers think they deserve to win them all just because they are bama.  The no call was big, but who is to say that they even score on that drive?  They lost by 16, 7 more still gives them only 17, so they still lose.  They were manhandled in the 4th qtr, so even if that play was a turning point, I still believe they lose.

121500[/snapback]

Agreed, best of luck to you!

Have a guy by the name of Brandon Cox.  A left handed pure passer.  He was Mr football of Alabama a couple of years ago.  Got a medical redshirt for one year because of some strange muscle disease, then spent a year as a regular redshirt.  He's been out of high school for three years, and will be a sophomore next year.  He's played a good bit this year, and has two years under his belt behind Campbell.  He has a lot of potential, but is unproven as of yet.

121503[/snapback]

I belive our JaMarcus Russell was Mr. Football in bama as well, though I could be wrong. Anyway, I belive he'll be great, but he's had some hard times this year - flashes of really good play, but seems unsure of himself sometimes.

I think it takes most kids a while to gel - just look at Cambell and how he's impoved! Not that he was ever horrible, but I heard heisman talk last night on T.V!

How about the rest of your team? We're pretty young on Offense, don't think we started a senior last night, not too sure about our D.

Of course we lose Cadillac and Brown. We also lose Campbell, Rosegreen, Rogers, Eddens(DE), Langenfield(DE), Ingles ©, Lindsay (OG), Ratliff (DT).

We've had the luxury of playing a lot of people this year, so every one who has dressed for game has had some time in games. D should show no drop off from this year to next. The O will miss Campbell, Williams and Brown. But we've got some good RBs who have seen a lot of playing time. The biggest question on offense is going to be at QB, which is normal for any team after losing a good senior QB. (As you LSU guys can well attest to after this year.)

Archived