Basketball Recruit 2016 PG Lamonte Turner

cole256

17 hours ago, JwgreDeux said:

The question @cole256 is can you take him, or at least could you back in the day? 

We were super tough with him when he was little, wouldn't let him get shots off, pushed him around...when he got in about the 10th grade? I was playing him and he got up by a good amount and I said my ankle was hurting and I quit, and I won't be trying to play him one on one ever again....

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2017 at 10:13 AM, jared52 said:

Any reason he only played 7 min last night?

I don't know I was wondering, but all the games after he played more, I didn't know if he was hurting or what

• 3 months later...
On 6/3/2017 at 9:29 PM, bigbird said:

#2 was sick

I wish he played for us so bad bro.....

• 5 months later...

Hit a 3 to tie the game and send it in overtime against Purdue. They came out with the win and he finished with 17.

• 2 months later...

Hit the go ahead 3 to beat Kentucky at Kentucky. Last year hit the free throws to ice the Kentucky game as a freshman. He's closed out Georgia tech 24; hit a three to go to ot and the beat Purdue, 25 against us; 25 st South Carolina, 20 at Iowa st. 17 on ole miss on only 8 shots. Last 10 games only 6 turnovers and 20 assists.

Rumble young man rumble!

• 7 months later...

Well he was SEC sixth man of the year this past year, I wonder what he added to his game for this year?

https://247sports.com/college/tennessee/Bolt/Tennessee-Vols-Basketball-Lamonte-Turner-named-SECs-co-Sixth-Man-of-Year-115896566/

• 6 months later...

I've been posting about lil cuzzo since he was in 8 th grade. Now I watch him as a great player in college. Unfortunately he lost today, such a horrible call but that's how it goes with refs win some lose some. Played great defense tonight, I'm biased and I never said it in other threads but to me he's the best defensive guard in the SEC easy. He hit big shots in the game today. He didn't even play this season healthy but he's a warrior. 

Just reading through this thread makes me smile. And when he went through the shooting slump never lost his confidence, tell him he turned the ball over too much next four games just one turnover. Tell him to effect the game other ways, he rebound better, assist more and plays defense better. Congrats cuz couldn't be any more proud

28 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I've been posting about lil cuzzo since he was in 8 th grade. Now I watch him as a great player in college. Unfortunately he lost today, such a horrible call but that's how it goes with refs win some lose some. Played great defense tonight, I'm biased and I never said it in other threads but to me he's the best defensive guard in the SEC easy. He hit big shots in the game today. He didn't even play this season healthy but he's a warrior. 

Just reading through this thread makes me smile. And when he went through the shooting slump never lost his confidence, tell him he turned the ball over too much next four games just one turnover. Tell him to effect the game other ways, he rebound better, assist more and plays defense better. Congrats cuz couldn't be any more proud

His play under the basket off the ball to foul out their hot 3 point shooter was just brilliant. Took him out of the game so he couldn't win it for Purdue.  I happened to be focusing on him during the play. Just baited him.  

As you said, he got jobbed on the call but still made plays when his team needed him to.  I think the cramp affected him after that a little.  Looked to favor it a bit on the foul shot he missed later.  

So what's your record vs coz in pickup games?  One doesn't have to be better than the other to own them in singles basketball.  I had no where near the talent as our two best guards in high school, but neither beat me in one on one pickup games. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived