2014 5* JUCO WR D'Haquille Williams SIGNS WITH AUBURN!!!

Maverick.AU

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you say, "Instant Impact?!"

I can. I can also say "BOOM!" :wareagle:

No Boom til he commits and signs with the good guys.

+1

That was the sound of the immediate impact he would make. ;)

This has been a good week for AU. This is potentially good news.

These are the weeks that lured me into message boards/recruiting forums to begin with. I was in desperate need of a fix for sure after the past 365 days.

Interesting note regarding Williams: if Ell's prediction that he winds up as the #1 JUCO player in the country comes true, and he does sign with Auburn, it will be the second time that Malzahn, in his first full year of recruiting at Auburn, lures that #1 JUCO player to the Plains...and as we all remember, the first one won the Heisman. :D

ICYNI Bryan Matthews changed his pick on D'haQhille to the good guys. Link

What's up with BM changing all of these predictions to AU within the past week? Not that it is a bad thing at all, it just reminds me of when he was at Rivals and they would predict we would get everyone.

I hope he is right.

What's up with BM changing all of these predictions to AU within the past week? Not that it is a bad thing at all, it just reminds me of when he was at Rivals and they would predict we would get everyone.

I hope he is right.

Considering we have been a top 10 recruiter for about 5 seasons now - why not?! Not to mention just look at who we have recruiting for us. DC and RG both took some big names from AU the past couple of years. Ronald Darby, Ray Drew (debatable if he ever really considered AU), Eddie Goldman would all look great in O&B. Despite the shots we keep taking, AU still sales itself when these kids get to campus. We are probably one of the few schools that can go 8-5 and 3-9 and still recruit with the best of them. Why not predict these guys to AU? It is a good feeling!

DW could not pick a better place to go than AU right now. If fantasy football taught me anything - you do not have to have Manning at QB to light it up. (Fitzy, Andre, Percy all come to mind) Receivers are thin and CGM put Adams and Blake on the map. Besides, DC would be your coach - 'nuff said.

Interesting note regarding Williams: if Ell's prediction that he winds up as the #1 JUCO player in the country comes true, and he does sign with Auburn, it will be the second time that Malzahn, in his first full year of recruiting at Auburn, lures that #1 JUCO player to the Plains...and as we all remember, the first one won the Heisman. :D

Well Moncrief is the #1 Safety and #3 or 4 overall JUCO on 247 right now. That would put Williams at #1 or 2 I would assume. (But we all know what assume stands for!)

I hope he is right.

Bryan never made the predictions at Rivals. Those homer picks were always from Jeffrey Lee. As for the change in prediction on DW,the state of Louisiana is LOOOOOOOOOOOOADED (in my best Ron White voice)at WR in the high school level and LSU is in good shape with all those guys. The trending thought is LSU may not offer DW due to the in state talent. As a result Bryan changed his pick to AU.

Also can Mav or a Mod put 5* in the title of the thread? TIA

Personally I will be ok with us getting Thomas and Williams because bama and lsu have other guys higher. I think those 2 guys can be downright studs. So I am cheering hard for lsu and bama to get those other guys lol

I hope he is right.

Bryan never made the predictions at Rivals. Those homer picks were always from Jeffrey Lee. As for the change in prediction on DW,the state of Louisiana is LOOOOOOOOOOOOADED (in my best Ron White voice)at WR in the high school level and LSU is in good shape with all those guys. The trending thought is LSU may not offer DW due to the in state talent. As a result Bryan changed his pick to AU.

Also can Mav or a Mod put 5* in the title of the thread? TIA

I'll try

LSU is poised to have the #1 WR recruiting class with or without DW. The growing sentiment from LSU fans is that they may not wait around to see how DW's grade shake out. At this point, I don't believe he has a commitable offer from LSU.

LSU WR Leans (Rankings per 247):

Speedy Noil (#1)

Malachi Dupree (#3)

Trey Quin (#16)

Saeed Black (#22)

D'haquille Williams (#1 JUCO)

LSU is poised to have the #1 WR recruiting class with or without DW. The growing sentiment from LSU fans is that they may not wait around to see how DW's grade shake out. At this point, I don't believe he has a commitable offer from LSU.

LSU WR Leans (Rankings per 247):

Speedy Noil (#1)

Malachi Dupree (#3)

Trey Quin (#16)

Saeed Black (#22)

D'haquille Williams (#1 JUCO)

I will not go into specifics here but they are worried about more than grades. He claims a 3.3 GPA. Whether it's in December or May, Williams will qualify. To answer the question you posted about Williams in the Thornton thread he hopes to have a decision by the end of the summer.

Also he does not expect to go to LSU and is not just going to sit and wait on them to offer. That right there could explain Bryan picking Auburn lands DW.

With Gus at the helm, I think AU in the running for- and landing- the elite offensive players will become the norm. It's a tough position to be in but I guess I could get used to it. :)

the following font color is yellow for those of you that use the white background

Does D'haquille have a twin brother named N'haquille? his nickname could be "the sleeper". :-\

the following font color is yellow for those of you that use the white background

Does D'haquille have a twin brother named N'haquille? his nickname could be "the sleeper". :-\

Damn you for making me work for it. And yes, is the answer to your question. But there is way more to it than that.

:laugh::bow:

Yeah, and their cousin is Shaquille O'Neal...

My only fear for us not getting him is that our current QB situation isn't too solid right now, I know if I was a top WR I would definitally chose a school with at least an average QB which we can't even claim ourselves. Hopefully NM or JJ show up and put up big numbers.

This one stings, especially after everything recent that has pointed in our favor. I remember we were in cordarrelle patterson's (former top juco WR) top 3 and he ending up going to UT. We need a big physical WR, but we'll be fine

Archived