Auburn's 2013 Record

auburn4ever

Right now, I'm thinking we might go 7-5. If that were to happen, they could play in that Birmingham bowl. Since I don't live far from B'ham, I would try to get tickets and go watch my Tigers

How do y'all see Malzahn's first on the Plains?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9-4 with a win in a bowl. I also think we upset uga or bam at home. Golden opportunity with both of those games at home for the first time. Need to take advantage of it.

I say either 6-6 or 7-5 at best. I think it will be a tall task to beat bama anywhere. Georgia is more feasible with all they have lost. I can see beating Ark and Tenn on the road, but I just don't know if they will be ready to go to LSU or Tex A&M and pull off an upset. I can also see beating Miss St at home, but I don't know about Ole Miss. I think they will be very good.

Wash St W

Arky St W

Miss St W

@ LSU L

OM W

WCarl W

@ aTm L

Fla Atl W

@Arky W

@ Tenn W

UGA L

UA L

8-4 will be respectable and a good turn around from last year.

Wash St W

Arky St W

Miss St W

@ LSU L

OM W

WCarl W

@ aTm L

Fla Atl W

@Arky W

@ Tenn W

UGA L

UA L

What I was thinking,

We might be able to upset LSU this year, they lost lots of talent. I would say Ole Miss might be a toss up W or L. Will have a better idea what AU looks like after a few games. I am more worried about our defense than our offense. Lots of unknown factors at this point.

Wash St W

Arky St W

Miss St W

@ LSU L

OM W

WCarl W

@ aTm L

Fla Atl W

@Arky W

@ Tenn W

UGA L

UA L

What I was thinking,

We might be able to upset LSU this year, they lost lots of talent. I would say Ole Miss might be a toss up W or L. Will have a better idea what AU looks like after a few games. I am more worried about our defense than our offense. Lots of unknown factors at this point.

Leach will test our defense early in the opener. I don't know what to expect from new coaches at Arky & UT. LSU lost a lot of starters, but they have experienced backups to fill in those spots. OleMiss & aTm will be playing a fast paced offense that will challenge us on defense, and on offense (we'll need to score a bunch to keep up with them.)

Wash St W

Arky St W

Miss St W

@ LSU L

OM W

WCarl W

@ aTm L

Fla Atl W

@Arky W

@ Tenn W

UGA L

UA L

What I was thinking,

Leach will test our defense early in the opener. I don't know what to expect from new coaches at Arky & UT. LSU lost a lot of starters, but they have experienced backups to fill in those spots. OleMiss & aTm will be playing a fast paced offense that will challenge us on defense, and on offense (we'll need to score a bunch to keep up with them.)

Om will be as good or better...lsu about the same...a&m lost basically their entire oline and jonny football will struggle. ...uga lost their entire defense. ....next season outside of bama has no clear favorites

I'll update my score predictions for each game as the spring goes by.

WSU--W, 48-37 (Leach's air-raid will give us a heckuva fight, and though there's talent on our defense they will have to be re-built from the ground up--there will be a much easier transition on offense, though.)

ASU--W, 51-30 (Wolves score a couple trash time TDs.)

MSU--W, 44-41 (2OT) (Again, D will take time to improve. Should be similar to the Mutts' last visit here.)

@ LSU--L

Mississippi--L

West Carolina--W

@ Texas A&M--L

Florida Atlantic--W

@ Arkansas--W

@ Tennessee--W

Georgia--L

Alabama--L

WSU- W 40-20 Lots of points

ASU- W 45-13 New ASU coach not near as good as the previous 2.

MSU- W 23-17 Tough home win but could go either way.

LSU- L 14-24 Tough road loss but could go either way.

OLE- W 31-28 Bye week before and being at home close win and could go either way.

WCU- W 52-3 Homecoming FCS opponent.

A&M- L 34-38 Lots of points and could go either way.

FAU- W 42-13 Bad sunbelt team.

ARK- W 24-23 Tough road win and could go either way.

TEN- W 34-20 Nothing about this team worries me.

UGA- L 27-31 Tough home loss but could go either way.

bam- L 24-30 Tough home loss but could go either way.

8-4 Chick-fil-A bowl win over Louisville 34-24 final ranking 21 9-4

Yes I'm an OPTIMIST!

9-4 with a win in a bowl. I also think we upset uga or bam at home. Golden opportunity with both of those games at home for the first time. Need to take advantage of it.

This is how i feel too

Think 7-5 is likely but hoping on 8-4 and a bowl win making it 9-4. Really looking for the team NOT looking lost/confused and playing ALL four (4) complete quarters. I also desire NOT to be in the stands after halftime trying to convince Auburn "fans" from leaving. I hated shouting "We're coming back" to the leaving "fans". I consider anyone leaving the stadium before the clocks say: 0:00 as not being fans. I have no problem with the 70+ year olds leaving early to get to ther cars.

I honestly don't care about the record this year as long as the games are close and the players are attempting to play. I just want to see improvement as far as performance goes, not necessarily in the outcome of the season. Obviously, I would like a bowl game so they get more practice though.

Look for a 9-4 record or better. We may lose to LSU and the turds but we will show up and play hard.

I agree with this. Lack of coaching/leadership was the problem last year. The talent is there to be a tough team and Malzahn is a winner. There isn't a team on that schedule that AU can't beat if they bring it for four quarters-including bama, who struggles with stopping a well run spread O.Like ASU last year I expect AU to improve as the season goes on. Over all record will come down to keeping some key players healthy enough to play hard. There is no more laid back chizikism to stop them now.

Really hard to say since we don't fully know how the team is responding to the coaching change. I fully believe that if the team completely buys into Malzhan's system and works their ass off for him, 9-10 wins is a possibility. The team has a ton of unrefined potential that simply needs a lot of time and effort, but lucky for us Gus never wastes a second and always gives 110% effort, if the same hardworking mindset infects the team over the offseason and builds throughout the season, we'll have a great turn around.

Saying that, I don't believe every player will want to put forth the time and effort because of the previous system in place and the team will suffer from it depending on how many and who exactly doesn't buy in. So I expect an 8 win season and a bowl victory.

Archived