OM W

WCarl W

@ aTm L

Fla Atl W

@Arky W

@ Tenn W

UGA L

UA L

8-4 will be respectable and a good turn around from last year.

This is pretty much my prediction of the season also. Maybe we win one we shouldn't from this list or lose one should of won. 7-5 to 9-3. The only result I will not be happy with is that we do not win enough to become bowl eligible or it looks like we quit like we did last year. Those missed practices mean a lot.

Most people don't realize that the most important thing about making a bowl game is the extra practice time. It means the team almost gets an additional spring practice (10-20 extra days, depending on the bowl).

There is good reason to believe that our main areas of concern last season will be vastly improved with the exception of QB and IMO both Frazier and Wallace are more gifted than Chris Todd so I think Gus and Rhett should be able to get us a decent stand in at the least and I have a feeling that Nick Marshall could be this year's Newton, Russell, Griffin, Manziel (the out of nowhere star). I expect our offense to be better than 2009 (Due to talent differences) and our D to be better than any year under Chizik, but probably not dominate. If we have a D that can just tackle and an average Gus O we will win more games than we lose. I agree that this is a rebuilding year for most of the good defenses in the west and that will be a major advantage for Gus and Co.

About our tackling woes: I recently watched the Auburn vs WVU game from 2009 and the commentators at one point talk about speaking to CTR about “a new tackling method” where instead of “breaking down” and getting ready to tackle as the defensive player approaches his target they were teaching players to “run through” the tackle and basically take a shot at a home run hit rather than “classic tackling" or wrapping up. I can see trying that as a high risk./high reward strategy with Gus’s Offense but after 09 they should have seen that it wasn’t working and tried to teach the more traditional approach. The commentators were talking about missed tackles and that was the third game of 2009! Another option is that it IS a good tackling method but our players were not strong enough to hold on to the big SEC receivers and running backs, resulting in broken tackles. Whatever the reason I think CEJ has the ability to fix the problem.

One could make very good arguments for winning both the Georgia game(at home rebuilt Georgia D) and LSU Huge losses to grad and early entry to the NFL... I think an 8-4 season is a very good pick....

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived