2013 Big Cat Weekend (Merged)

Tiger

Are we going to continue the Big Cat Weekend that Auburn has hosted over the past few years? I know Chizik started it, but has anybody heard if Gustav will keep that going?

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

VISITOR LIST

Here is a list of prospects who plan to be in Auburn for BCW on May 25th. This list will continue to evolve over the next 3 weeks and I will adjust the OP accordingly.

5* RB Roc Thomas

4* DT Elisha Shaw

4* ILB Tre Williams AU Commit

4* DE Justin Thornton AU Commit

4* C Josh Casher AU Commit

4* S C.J. Hampton

4* DT Dontavius Russell

4* RB Nick Chubb

4*WR Shaq Davidson

4* OLB Rashaan Evans

4* S Cortez McDowell

4* CB/S Nick Ruffin

4* ATH/S Gerry Green

4* DE Dante Sawyer

4* DE Andrew Williams

3* ILB Gavin Bryant

3* ILB Da'Shaun Davis AU Commit

3* RB Kamryn Pettway AU Commit

3* TE Chris Laye AU Commit

3* QB Kendrick Doss

3* TE/H-B Jakell Mitchell AU Commit

3* S Dominick Sanders (Elisha Shaw's teammate)

3* ATH Hyleck Foster (Davidson's teammate)

2015 recruits

4* OLB Richard McBryde

2016 recruits

RB Malik Miller

Ratings are from the 247 composite.

Thanks. I think it was a good recruiting tactic and it seemed to make waves.

I would like to see it continue and I hoestly do not see why we would not. Any big time school has something similar. Call it a different name if we must, but I beleive it is an essential tool.

I am certain they will be hosting recruits as best you can within the rules. I don't care for "Big Cat" as the name though. There are some kids that really go for the hoopla of those type weekends, but you are starting to see more and more kids who like to visit with as little fanfare as possible. I believe that is the smartest thing a highly ranked kid could do. They are too young and many don't know yet how to remain humble through the process. I look for some type of structure tol be implemented once they reverse these terrible new rules they have put in place so far. It's really just a matter of time. More "when" than "if".

I am certain they will be hosting recruits as best you can within the rules. I don't care for "Big Cat" as the name though. There are some kids that really go for the hoopla of those type weekends, but you are starting to see more and more kids who like to visit with as little fanfare as possible. I believe that is the smartest thing a highly ranked kid could do. They are too young and many don't know yet how to remain humble through the process. I look for some type of structure tol be implemented once they reverse these terrible new rules they have put in place so far. It's really just a matter of time. More "when" than "if".

The NCAA is going to revisit some of these rules in May. But of course the NCAA put all the programs in a position where they are already hiring the extra staff so they can compete using the rules they just put into place.

They put two of the new proposals off until further info is gathered. It wasn't the ones that needed it most however. :-\

I wonder how many of the big cats auburn has actually signed?

The percentage of players brought in for that weekend that ended up at Auburn is around 25-30%

The percentage of players brought in for that weekend that ended up at Auburn is around 25-30%

I thought it was closer to 40% or so?

I thought it was closer to..nevermind; what^^he^^ said. :big:;D

I thought it was closer to..nevermind; what^^he^^ said. :big:;D

I think they are both right...somewhere around 25 to 30% plus or minus another 10%..... ;)

All I know is 25% of time I'm 100% right...;-)

I was wrong. I assumed it would be lower because of the coaching change but it wasn't. 6 of the 15 '13 recruits at BCW (40%) signed with Auburn.

I was wrong. I assumed it would be lower because of the coaching change but it wasn't. 6 of the 15 '13 recruits at BCW (40%) signed with Auburn.

Whether I like it or not, you can't really argue with 40% and nice of you to drop in kk!

I would hope we keep doing it. We have had some tremendous success getting players that were invited for BCW. It has been such a success that other schools have started copying it.

Thanks- that is much higher than I had thought.

I heard the NCAA was going to have us stop having a BIg Cat Weekend, but was purrfectly OK with a Pink Elephant weekend.

New suits and doodie bags included.

I dare the NCAA to come after anything we do with what is going on at UA. We have been through our cleansing. They have not. I have seen (2) different players in chargers on campus. I have only been there 5 times.

I dare the NCAA to come after anything we do with what is going on at UA. We have been through our cleansing. They have not. I have seen (2) different players in chargers on campus. I have only been there 5 times.

And Ronnie Brown had a tricked out Escalade. Im short, errybody "cheats" based on the NCAA's outdated archaic amateurism rules.

Probably true. But everybody isn't caught. And those schools caught don't suffer equal punisment to crime ratios. Anyway, when it comes to recruiting, when something really different pops up that's really effective but it's not widely copied, bells & whistles should go off. There's simply nothing (legally) new under the sun when it comes to recruiting, everybody weighs the rule loopholes and asterisks.

Archived