2013 Big Cat Weekend (Merged)

Tiger

I dare the NCAA to come after anything we do with what is going on at UA. We have been through our cleansing. They have not. I have seen (2) different players in chargers on campus. I have only been there 5 times.

And Ronnie Brown had a tricked out Escalade. Im short, errybody "cheats" based on the NCAA's outdated archaic amateurism rules.

I'm not sure what Ronnie Brown drove or where he got it. I do remember Carlos Rogers talking about having only one pair of jeans and washing them every night. I remember Carnell Williams having an old beater that had duct tape over one broken window and he had to get help pushing it off to get it started. Since those guys were contemporaries of Browns' it's rather likely that Brown came by his snazzy wheels though some legitimate means.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dare the NCAA to come after anything we do with what is going on at UA. We have been through our cleansing. They have not. I have seen (2) different players in chargers on campus. I have only been there 5 times.

And Ronnie Brown had a tricked out Escalade. Im short, errybody "cheats" based on the NCAA's outdated archaic amateurism rules.

I'm not sure what Ronnie Brown drove or where he got it. I do remember Carlos Rogers talking about having only one pair of jeans and washing them every night. I remember Carnell Williams having an old beater that had duct tape over one broken window and he had to get help pushing it off to get it started. Since those guys were contemporaries of Browns' it's rather likely that Brown came by his snazzy wheels though some legitimate means.

I can shed some light on Ronnie's situation. His family was not well off however, the family that took him in, most of his life were. The dad was a vet, right here in C'ville. And before the conspiracies go wild, they were a Dawg family. You can do a little googling and find out about the "adoptive" family if you're interested.

Ronnie's ride was legit . I lived in Cartersville from 91 - 08 and everything about Ronnie was legit .

You can rest assured that the REC is very "educated" on the gray areas of rules and what you can or can not do. What will get you a secondary violation and a slap on the wrist VS. TV, $$$ and scholarship losses. They are not the only ones though. A certain University located just south of Opelika, AL and about 45 minutes north of the capital JUST released one of the "BEST" in the business of gray areas and secondary violations. :-X:slapfh::yes:

I can shed some light on Ronnie's situation. His family was not well off however, the family that took him in, most of his life were. The dad was a vet, right here in C'ville. And before the conspiracies go wild, they were a Dawg family. You can do a little googling and find out about the "adoptive" family if you're interested.

Good stuff.

You can rest assured that the REC is very "educated" on the gray areas of rules and what you can or can not do. What will get you a secondary violation and a slap on the wrist VS. TV, $$$ and scholarship losses. They are not the only ones though. A certain University located just south of Opelika, AL and about 45 minutes north of the capital JUST released one of the "BEST" in the business of gray areas and secondary violations. :-X/> :slapfh:/> :yes:/>

I don't think anybody is concerned with gray areas and secondary violations. New Chargers and kids from poor families with multiple $1,000 suits of clothing should get a hard look. Those wouldn't be secondary violations.

You can rest assured that the REC is very "educated" on the gray areas of rules and what you can or can not do. What will get you a secondary violation and a slap on the wrist VS. TV, $$$ and scholarship losses. They are not the only ones though. A certain University located just south of Opelika, AL and about 45 minutes north of the capital JUST released one of the "BEST" in the business of gray areas and secondary violations. :-X/> :slapfh:/> :yes:/>

I don't think anybody is concerned with gray areas and secondary violations. New Chargers and kids from poor families with multiple $1,000 suits of clothing should get a hard look. Those wouldn't be secondary violations.

When you have the car salesman, as well as an old lady who was standing on the corner and the local baptist preacher all swear they winessed the kid's dog walk in and purchase the Charger it becomes secondary if at all.

When you have a salesman, an old lady who was standing on the corner and the local baptist preacher all swear the winessed the kids dog walk in and purchase the Charger it becomes secondary if at all.

It never becomes a secondary violation. It's either completely ignored or it becomes a Big Deal. It's time for the obvious illicit benefits at Tuskaloser to become that Big Deal.

When you have a salesman, an old lady who was standing on the corner and the local baptist preacher all swear the winessed the kids dog walk in and purchase the Charger it becomes secondary if at all.

It never becomes a secondary violation. It's either completely ignored or it becomes a Big Deal. It's time for the obvious illicit benefits at Tuskaloser to become that Big Deal.

Oh I agree, I was just spittin' hairs with you.

Sadly nothing will happen as long as Emmert is the president of the NCAA.

Sadly nothing will happen as long as Emmert is the president of the NCAA.

I will assume you two are agreeing with me as I tend to be right close to 100% of the time (that I'm not wrong)!!!

• 1 month later...

And so far confirmed are Casher and Davis. As with any other recruiting weekend there will not be much news til a week before at the max.

I always loved BCW but it could be some serious pressure on this new staff. I mean it's hard to get a remake to sound as good or better than the original. If the Gus version isn't filled with 4 & 5* talent then it could be a PR mess. This new staff seem to be great coaches but do any of them have the magnetic personality (ala Trooper) to attract the best talent in the country? It should be interesting.

I always loved BCW but it could be some serious pressure on this new staff. I mean it's hard to get a remake to sound as good or better than the original. If the Gus version isn't filled with 4 & 5* talent then it could be a PR mess. This new staff seem to be great coaches but do any of them have the magnetic personality (ala Trooper) to attract the best talent in the country? It should be interesting.

for your first point. There is no way it will be a PR mess even if it is not filled with 4 and 5* players due to there not being many expectations right now. I can't even think how it could be a PR mess in the first place so you will have to elaborate on what you are thinking. Every school has an event like this and have never had a PE mess from it no matter how good or bad it was. For your second point. The phrase if it aint broke don't fix it comes to mind.. From everything I have heard Gus will use the same script of big family gatherings with games, fun, fellowship and coaches cutting up that made Chizik's work so well.

They have one thing they call tell recruits that the last staff couldn't "we can develop your talent". Whether they can or not remains to be seen.

Our staff, from their previous resumes, seem to be outstanding recruiters. From the class we just signed, I don't see how anyone can question this staff being able "to attract the best talent in the country".

They have one thing they call tell recruits that the last staff couldn't "we can develop your talent". Whether they can or not remains to be seen.

They have proved they can. The operative phrase is whether they do remains to be seen.

The personalities of this staff are at least as magnetic, probably more so. AU lost many a recruit to both Craig and Garner. The difference I would point out is that both played for AU and Garner is seen more as a father figure than TT and Craig is seen as a big brother/mentor type. The biggest knock on TT was that kids saw him as their buddy.

Something tells me Gus and crew aren't star gazers. So far you have Casher and Laye who are both 3 star recruits, but most of the recruiting guys are raving about both of them. I feel confident our staff will invite some very talented guys to BCW that they feel will help AU win football games.

My list of recruits who are listening to the new staff. If we get them here for BCV and eventually in O & B along with another WR, DL, CB and S they will fill out the needs the staff feels they have for 2014 nicely.

4* QBs Jacob Park or Drew Barker

5* RB Roc Thomas

4* RB Adam Choice

4* RB Nick Chubb-Plans to commit in late May and even though UGA leads getting him here for BCV could really give him something to think about. He is planning 1 more visit to Auburn. BCV would make sense.

3* RB Kamryn Pettway-AU commit

4* WR D'haQuille Williams

3* TE Chris Laye- AU commit

3* TE/H Back Jakell Mitchell

3* C Josh Casher

4* OG Isaiah Wynn

4* OL/DL Kendall Baker

4* DE Justin Thornton

5* ILB Tree Williams

3* ILB Deshaun Davis-AU commit

4* OLB Rashaan Evans

4* CB/S Nic Ruffin

Considering 3 of our coaches were the recruiting coordinators for schools that pulled in quite a bit of 4* and 5* talent, in their previous positions, I don't think attracting the best talent to Big Cat will be much of an issue on their front. The big issue will be overcoming 3-9.

Considering 3 of our coaches were the recruiting coordinators for schools that pulled in quite a bit of 4* and 5* talent, in their previous positions, I don't think attracting the best talent to big cat will be much of an issue on their front. The big issue will be overcoming 3-9.

the number is 4 not 3

Considering 3 of our coaches were the recruiting coordinators for schools that pulled in quite a bit of 4* and 5* talent, in their previous positions, I don't think attracting the best talent to big cat will be much of an issue on their front. The big issue will be overcoming 3-9.

the number is 4 not 3

Really? Garner, Craig, Horton and who?

Archived