2013 Big Cat Weekend (Merged)

Tiger

I have a feeling that BCW with Gus, Ellis, Lashlee, Garner, Grimes, Craig, Smith and Harbison will be just as good if not better than it was before.

My thinking as well.

Me three. There's no reason why this one won't be as good or better than previous Big Cat Weekends

The event will be as great as it ever was for the recruits that come. The question remains though will the caliber of recruits that came in the past come to this one after the 3-9 season and the staff overhaul?

The fact that DH visited won't be lost on anyone, especially if he were to make a return visit. I know that Gus is a great strategist, he knows what he is looking for. Same with EJ, DC, RG, MS and Cheese, they are all capable of getting players. I just don't see how that group is going to disappoint us in regards to recruiting. Look what they did with two months! I do worry about some things but the ability of Auburn to get interest from recruits with this staff is not one of them. Getting a visit and getting a signature are two different things. That said, I would encourage anyone who is fretting about this to do a little research as to the players these guys have recruited.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling that BCW with Gus, Ellis, Lashlee, Garner, Grimes, Craig, Smith and Harbison will be just as good if not better than it was before.

My thinking as well.

Me three. There's no reason why this one won't be as good or better than previous Big Cat Weekends

The event will be as great as it ever was for the recruits that come. The question remains though will the caliber of recruits that came in the past come to this one after the 3-9 season and the staff overhaul?

The fact that DH visited won't be lost on anyone, especially if he were to make a return visit. I know that Gus is a great strategist, he knows what he is looking for. Same with EJ, DC, RG, MS and Cheese, they are all capable of getting players. I just don't see how that group is going to disappoint us in regards to recruiting. Look what they did with two months! I do worry about some things but the ability of Auburn to get interest from recruits with this staff is not one of them. Getting a visit and getting a signature are two different things. That said, I would encourage anyone who is fretting about this to do a little research as to the players these guys have recruited.

Not fretting about it. The reality is many upper tier recruits will be cool on Auburn til we put Ws on the board. Plus the staff is recruiting for different schemes than they were last year so most of the relationships with the 2014 recruits are fairly new and need time to grow. With all that said, Da'Shawn Hand's reaction to his visit to Auburn today can change things.

If we had a failed recruiting year after the disasterous season I'd be concerned, but I think this staff has already demonstrated its ability to attract top talent.

I will be there

How many years eligibility you have left ?

Didn't you know? Golf is Beerman :cheers:

"Yeah, I get that feeling too, man...I don't know, I just get this feeling lookin' at 'em like they're the kinda coaches that just..."

I will be there

as many as I want

Oooooooooooooooh. Burn!

E, I wasn't referring to you or anyone in particular, I just feel like whoever Gus & Co. sign, will be a player that they believe will get the job done. So far I am impressed. I am just anxious as to which ones we get. I want to know RIGHT NOW DARNIT! Is that too much to ask?

I will be there

as many as I want

Excellent and now the important question. Can you get through a quarter and not have to leave the huddle for a bathroom break ?

I will be there

as many as I want

Excellent and now the important question. Can you get through a quarter and not have to leave the huddle for a bathroom break ?

:)

I will be there

as many as I want

Depends :dunno:

Here is a list of prospects who plan to be in Auburn for BCW on May 25th. This list will continue to evolve over the next 3 weeks and I will adjust the OP accordingly.

5* RB Roc Thomas

5* CB Tony Brown

4* DT Elisha Shaw

4* ILB Tre Williams AU Commit

4* DE Justin Thornton AU Commit

4* C Josh Casher AU Commit

4* RB Nick Chubb

4*WR Shaq Davidson

4* OLB Rashaan Evans

4* S Cortez McDowell

4* S Ronnie Clark (maybe)

4* CB/S Nick Ruffin

4* ATH/S Gerry Green

4* OG Jordan Sims

4* DE Dante Sawyer

4* CB Wesley Green

4* DT Charles Moseley

3* ILB Gavin Bryant

3* ILB Da'Shaun Davis AU Commit

3* RB Kamryn Pettway AU Commit

3* TE Chris Laye AU Commit

3* QB Kendrick Doss

3* TE/H-B Jakell Mitchell

3* S Dominick Sanders (Elisha Shaw's teammate)

3* ATH Hyleck Foster (Davidson's teammate)

2015 recruits

4* OLB Richard McBryde

2016 recruits

RB Malik Miller

Ratings are from the 247 composite.

Any news on Roc? I would think we would make his attendance a priority. Adam Choice as well.

Nothing yet.

I like "Big Cat"....and to credit of Chiz and Trooper, this concept really shook up the competition. Seems it's worked well for the past few years and I can't see a reason to change the name or concept. We have enough experts in the compliance area on staff to assure that our coaches avoid any behavior that would bother the NCAA.

fwiw, wasnt this technically lupers idea?

I like "Big Cat"....and to credit of Chiz and Trooper, this concept really shook up the competition. Seems it's worked well for the past few years and I can't see a reason to change the name or concept. We have enough experts in the compliance area on staff to assure that our coaches avoid any behavior that would bother the NCAA.

fwiw, wasnt this technically lupers idea?

Check out the big brain on 'stache!!! O0

Archived