What happened to Bama?

PChamp119

They were playing great - Pennington made some great throws; the defense was playing to their hype... one fumble and they lost all of that. LSU used that fumble for another 13 points of momentum?

After the game, Alabama players watched the Auburn game. They had confidence in themselves.... then...

:eek2:

I think that no call interference was the turning point momentum wise. The 'Bama receiver may have technically slipped on his own, but 8 times out of 10 I think a flag is thrown on that play. If they had gone on to score, they might have held LSU off. Then again, with 'Bama's lack of depth LSU might still have run it down their throat in the 4th quarter and won anyway...

Yes that call made me sick, even as an Auburn fan.

You guys know what this is about.... yep thats right.. the BCS. :) HAHA

Nah.. but that was about as bad as the technical foul called against FL when they played TN... That interception was the reason Alabama lost... IMO anyway.

I disagree. If I was a Bama fan, yea I'd be pissed. But they would've WON most likely getting a TD. But to say they lost because of it is totally different. The fumble was the turning point in the game because LSU took the lead and Bama did nothing but give LSU the W after that.

Heh heh...

BCS. That's right. It's about dollar signs.

You guys have been here three years. Have you heard me defend a Bama loss? Ryan? PChamp? What about you, rexbo? Okay. :roflol:

Just like I told an UA fan this morning at church, it was pass interference, and should have been called. I then added to make up for the no call, we were going to give them 15 more points against LSU.

I watched the play and I didn't think it was pass interference. The receiver's forward momentum & him turning 180 at the last second to attempt to catch the pass had more to do with his falling down on his crimson butt than the DB's "push." The DB's hands were in a normal defensive position to keep the receiver from running into him and to maintain his position. If the DB didn't do this, the receiver would have moved into the DB's personal space and been in a position to catch the ball. This is normal jostling. Good call by the ref. This situation is much like when the UGA receiver caught the late TD pass over our DB 2 seasons ago. I didn't think that was pass interfernce, either. TD, UGA then. Pass interception, LSU now. Good call by the refs in both instances.

Btw, I find the bammie complaining over this "turning point" very telling. It tells me they're not ready to play an entire 60 minutes of football. It means they'll quit when the going gets the least bit rough, and it means they're ready to hide behind a most convenient excuse at the next opportunity. What's that saying ole Bear had about quitting? "The first time you quit is the hardest. Every time after that it gets easier & easier." Or, something along those lines. :au: WDE

It tells me they're not ready to play an entire 60 minutes of football.  It means they'll quit when the going gets the least bit rough, and it means they're ready to hide behind a most convenient excuse at the next opportunity.  What's that saying ole Bear had about quitting?  "The first time you quit is the hardest.  Every time after that it gets easier & easier."  Or, something along those lines.  :au: WDE

121535[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

The Alabama players haven't quit a single time this season under any circumstances. Calling it a turning point isn't saying the team quit.

Btw, I find the bammie complaining over this "turning point" very telling.  It tells me they're not ready to play an entire 60 minutes of football.  It means they'll quit when the going gets the least bit rough, and it means they're ready to hide behind a most convenient excuse at the next opportunity.  What's that saying ole Bear had about quitting?  "The first time you quit is the hardest.  Every time after that it gets easier & easier."  Or, something along those lines.  :au: WDE

121535[/snapback]

You do realize that you will be cast into the deepest caverns of hell for even thinking such blasphemy, much less actually type it and convey your thoughts to thousands of kool-aid drinking believers!!!!!

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

Btw, I find the bammie complaining over this "turning point" very telling.  It tells me they're not ready to play an entire 60 minutes of football.  It means they'll quit when the going gets the least bit rough, and it means they're ready to hide behind a most convenient excuse at the next opportunity.   What's that saying ole Bear had about quitting?  "The first time you quit is the hardest.  Every time after that it gets easier & easier."  Or, something along those lines.  :au: WDE

121535[/snapback]

You do realize that you will be cast into the deepest caverns of hell for even thinking such blasphemy, much less actually type it and convey your thoughts to thousands of kool-aid drinking believers!!!!!

:roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol::roflol:

121546[/snapback]

ABSOLUTELY going straight to Hell, where he'll get to hear a lot more of those brilliant Bear Bryant quotes, unless I miss my guess. :roflol:

i thought webster's play should've been a flag. it wasn't even in the neighborhood of the pf against florida (coupled with the clock mismanagement). it was a bang bang play. i really thought the momentum changed on the fumble b/c it still felt like lsu's offense might never take the lead. i was impressed with bama to be honest. they had one receiver with some burst, darby looked good, pennington wasn't awful, and the defense looked really good until the 4th quarter wore on. bama certainly didn't quit they just got beat by a better team on the road. it's not easy to win on the road in the sec. it's gonna be a great game this weekend.

All kidding aside, I saw a tired UA team in the 4th qtr last night. Darby ran the ball 35 times, and a couple of times it looked like he just didn't want to get up from a play. He's not 'man enough' (don't know many that are) to take that type of beating 3 or 4 weeks in a row. Johns(?not sure of name) ran the ball 1 time. Prothro ran the ball 1 time. Darby is good, no doubt. But he has been overused the last several games (as if they had a choice.) No matter how good the D is, and LSU exposed it to some weaknesses last night, this one-dimensional offense will fail in the end. If not from 8 man fronts, blitzing, etc, just from the sheer exhuastion of one man being the only runner on the team.

Where we have the luxury of running or throwing to Brown or Williams and running Stewart several times, all I've seen UA do is give the ball to Darby. There were a few passes to take some of the pressure off the running game, but by no means is the UA passing attack a 'feared' machine. I say again UA can stay with us for one half, but the 2nd half will take it's toll on the UA offense and Darby.

It tells me they're not ready to play an entire 60 minutes of football.  It means they'll quit when the going gets the least bit rough, and it means they're ready to hide behind a most convenient excuse at the next opportunity.   What's that saying ole Bear had about quitting?  "The first time you quit is the hardest.  Every time after that it gets easier & easier."  Or, something along those lines.  :au: WDE

121535[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

The Alabama players haven't quit a single time this season under any circumstances. Calling it a turning point isn't saying the team quit.

121540[/snapback]

They Q U I T. There. I said it. B)

I WAS WRONG! SEC Ref Admits Mistake Was Made in LSU/uat Game

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. -- The Southeastern Conference's supervisor of officials said an LSU player should have been called for pass interference in a pivotal interception against Alabama.

Side judge Blake Parks didn't call a penalty when Corey Webster picked off a pass in the end zone after pushing down receiver Keith Brown early in the third quarter.

"Let's just report it as I'd rather it have been called," said Bobby Gaston, who oversees SEC officials.

With the Tide leading 10-6, Webster returned the interception to the LSU 44. Alabama wound up losing 26-10.

Gaston said that Parks' vision was obscured by Brown and he couldn't change position because he was responsible for goal line coverage.

"If you look at it, he's straight-lined and has a hard time seeing the push and he can't call something that he doesn't see," Gaston said. "With the mechanics (positioning) that we use, we should have gotten that play.

"It just so happens that the receiver and the defender were straightlined down the goal line from where he was. That's no excuse for us not being able to see it."

Referee Penn Wagers led the officiating crew in the Alabama-LSU game and also the crew that erred in handling the clock late in the Tennessee-Florida game, a mistake that allowed the Volunteers more time to drive for a game-winning field goal. But Parks was not part of that crew.

Gaston said he had not received a tape of the play from Alabama, but planned to call Shula and apologize for the mistake.

Who would have ever thought an official would admit to making a mistake. Wow. I have even more respect for him coming forward like that. It takes a big man to admit they made such a HUGE mistake. I hope all of us SEC fans can learn from this and move on. Let go of the bitterness, uat fans. It's just not worth it. :lol:

Archived