To those at 1989 AU vs. UAT game and yesterday

Grumps

I was an AU senior in 1989 when UAT first came to town. I have said many times that I will never have a similar experience regarding a sporting event...truly incredible!!!

I want to hear comparisons between that game and yesterday's game (the only game that could possibly come close) regarding excitement, loudness, invincibility, etc.

Thanks in advance!!

I was at the 1989 Bama game and was also at the game yesterday. The atmosphere in Auburn was awesome all weekend, and was one of the best, if not the best, I've seen since the '89 game. But for me it still did not match the feeling and atmosphere of the '89 game. I'm not sure that any game will ever equal that one.

WDE! :au:

Yesterday's game was great. BUT, '89 was the end of the uat empire. They were FORCED to play at JH and will have to play at JH every other year forever more.

'89 was the biggest game ever @ JH. Until we beat uat by 50, which may happen in the near future, it will remain the biggest. :au:

The 89' game will always be THE GAME to me. Yesterday's game was big because of the season we are having. The 89' game was monumental in that UA came to JH, something everyone from Bear on down said would never happen.

i was at both (i was 11 at the 89 game), and i still say 89 was the game. yesterday was possibly my favorite gameday ever with college gameday (i was there at 6:45), the great pregame and atmosphere, maybe the best halftime i've ever seen at a college game, the game itself where i got to see my friends on the team dominate, a great time at toomer's... it was awesome. i was able to appreciate this more as a college senior than 1989, but i remember a near 30K person tigerwalk then. it'll never be topped.

The 89 Game will for be always be for me THE BEST GAME EVER at JH...It was my last game as a student and oh WHAT A PARTY IT WAS...The pep rally and parade the day before and the crowd game day and Tiger Walk was the best ever..... With that being said Sat Game with GA would have to be my 2nd...The atmosphere was close to the 89 game..But still not the same as the EVIL DARKSIDE EMPIRE coming to Town. I still remember what Ray Perkins said, "Alabama will Never Play In AUBURN." Guess What..It Happend..and For Ever will always be (ever other year) IN AUBURN

WAR EAGLE & 2 More to Go

BEAT BAMA FIRST

shhhhhhhh here comes the..........OOOOOOOOOOOOOOTRAIN Rolling into T Town...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Even though the season was under the shadow of a probation, the 1993 Iron Bowl will always rank as one of my top memories at Jordan Hare. Sealing the 11-0 season at home against Alabama was truly special.

I was at both and I asked myself the same question re. 1989 as I left the stadium last Saturday. It's close but 1989 still wins by a nose. I'ts just hard to repeat the feeling of overwhelming joy of beating bama the first time they came to JH after all the hoopla about it and Ray Perkins saying they would never play in Auburn. It was on a par with the feeling I had when my first child was born.

Archived