One thing I'm reading a lot

sntemp

on the :uga: board is how TT will leave after this year and there reasons are.

A. Because of what happened at the end of last year.

Well Tuberville now most definatly has the upper hand at :au: and he realizes the fans and alumni are behind him 100%.

B. They are also saying that he will leave because the cupboard is bare next year.

Well :uga: guess what, :au: will be loaded on defense next year and the players that you are mostly looking at ie Campbell, Brown, Williams. There are quality guys behind them. IE. Cox (who is mature, has a good arm, and has gotten some quality reps this year and plenty of work in this offense. Irons, Stewart, Lester, and Smith should all be excellent replacments.

And plus the schedule for us next year is easier than the one we have this year.

There is no way we are back in the top 5 next year, not with starting over offensively. But, there is still enough talent to make a strong run at the SEC West, and end up in the Top 10...

There is no way we are back in the top 5 next year, not with starting over offensively.  But, there is still enough talent to make a strong run at the SEC West, and end up in the Top 10...

121436[/snapback]

Danny Sheridan thinks we will be even better next year and I think we will be at least as good next year.

Defense will be on of the best in the nation.

Offense if Borges stays will be as good and here are reasons why I think that.

Cox is a better QB than Campbell. Campbell is having a very good year, but Cox is more suited for this offense. Cox is older than most Freshman and with that comes maturity. Cox will have had an entire year of work with this offense, considering Campbell did so well and only had a few months, I like our chances.

Pretty much all of our recievers are back.

Running backs will be a little bit of a dropoff, but Irons and Stewart should be 80% of Brown and Williams and that still beats most teams.

And lastly have you seen our schedule next year? We will take some critizism form it but it's a pretty favorable schedule.

121436[/snapback]

Cox is a better QB than Campbell.

Your ....an.......i.d.i.o.t......

Ya, you know, Campbell is only in heisman race...um in the lead for some qb awards...noted as one of the best qbs in the nation....Noted as the best qb in the SEC....and you have enough balls to say, after all this year, that Cox is a better qb than campbell? Did you base those statments on Cox coming in for like a couple series this year after Campbell pratically destroyed the opponent the quarters before?

Campbell is a better qb than Cox. Cox will be a great qb, but Campbell is better....I mean...hell...hes only starting above Cox :huh:

Look, you need to say, " Ya Cox is a great qb and he will fit the offense perfectly". You need to stray away from comments like," Cox is better".

His actions have proved everyone wrong long enough....just accept it.

121436[/snapback]

Cox is a better QB than Campbell.

Your ....an.......i.d.i.o.t......

Ya, you know, Campbell is only in heisman race...um in the lead for some qb awards...noted as one of the best qbs in the nation....Noted as the best qb in the SEC....and you have enough balls to say, after all this year, that Cox is a better qb than campbell? Did you base those statments on Cox coming in for like a couple series this year after Campbell pratically destroyed the opponent the quarters before?

Campbell is a better qb than Cox. Cox will be a great qb, but Campbell is better....I mean...hell...hes only starting above Cox :huh:

Look, you need to say, " Ya Cox is a great qb and he will fit the offense perfectly". You need to stray away from comments like," Cox is better".

His actions have proved everyone wrong long enough....just accept it.

121446[/snapback]

Good job call me names, I don't give a rats arse.

I said that Cox is better suited for this offense. I haven't said anything bad about Campbell, hell I have supported Campbell all 4 years, even when half the AU Nation didn't say keep your idiot comments to yourself.

Cox was a top rated QB coming out of high school and hasn't done anything to lead me to believe he will not be a top rated QB in college, especially under Borges.

One Great year and 3 average years does not make a great QB.

I'll put it this way, Cox has potential to be AS good as Campbell. I think Campbell has proved that he is perfectly suited in this offense. The way he's played this year, I wouldn't trade him for White, Leinhart or Rogers. Cox can come in and run this offense because he has had a year to learn it and WATCH CAMPBELL. IMO, right now, he no where as good as Campbell.

I'll put it this way, Cox has potential to be AS good as Campbell.  I think Campbell has proved that he is perfectly suited in this offense. The way he's played this year, I wouldn't trade him for White, Leinhart or Rogers.  Cox can come in and run this offense because he has had a year to learn it and WATCH CAMPBELL.  IMO, right now, he no where as good as Campbell.

121461[/snapback]

How do you know he is no where near as good as Campbell?

I'm as excited about Cox as the next person and think he'll do some great things in his career. But, until he steps on the field and guides AU to wins in places like Knoxville, Tuscaloosa etc. Until he does a masterful job against 3 top 10 teams in one season with 87,000 screaming fans in the stands and a few million more watching the biggest game of the entire college football season to date...he's still a backup with a ton of potential. I look forward to seeing him but JC is the man.

Maybe those three INT's he's thrown in three different games? And each coming right off the bench?

I think he'll come out like Ben Leard - ugly starter at first, but by his senior year he'll be outstanding.

Agreed, but the point of this post is that so many feel that Auburn will be in rebuilding mode next year because they are only looking at 3 players.

Auburn will be very good next year. I see some drop off at the running back position, but I see no drop off at the QB position.

Campbell is only throwing for 180 yard games, Cox will be the type of QB that will be throwing 250 yd games.

For someone to call me an idiot for feeling that way is just idiotic in itself. It's not like I am comparing Peyton Manning to Chris Rix here. Jeez

Maybe those three INT's he's thrown in three different games?  And each coming right off the bench?

I think he'll come out like Ben Leard - ugly starter at first, but by his senior year he'll be outstanding.

121473[/snapback]

He has only thrown 2 INT's and has a QB rating of 180.0

Don't you mean Campbell? Ugly starter at first but by his senior year he'll be outstanding? I think he will be good by game one!

There is little if any chance that we will be as good of a team next year. We could be a very good team though.

121478[/snapback]

Little if any chance? What do you base that on?

Is it our tough schedule next year?

Is it our weak defense next year?

Is it the lack of good receivers?

Is it our poor recruiting classes the last 3 years?

Is it our bad Offensive and Defensive cordinators?

Is it one of the top QB recruits in the nation 2 years ago as our starting QB next year?

Is it the very good Running Backs replacing Brown and Williams?

What is it?

You've got a point - Jason had a similar situation. Ben just sticks out more to me.

You're right about the INT's. The MSU game, he came in and there was a fumble, not an INT. And I do think he'll turn out fine - just don't put him in again this year unless you have to is all I'm saying.

There is little if any chance that we will be as good of a team next year. We could be a very good team though.

121478[/snapback]

Is it one of the top QB recruits in the nation 2 years ago as our starting QB next year?

What is it?

121481[/snapback]

Like I said we could have a very good team next year. We will not have the 2 best running backs in the nation both having magnificient years. We will not have a fifth year senior starting QB. WE WILL LOSE 10 SENIOR STARTERS!!!!!!!!!, INCLUDING WHAT ARE HANDS DOWN OUR 2 BEST DB'S!

We could even possibly compete for the secc. But anyone who thinks that it is very possible we will be as good of a team next year is speaking like an idiot! Like I said there is a small small chance that we could be but I really doubt it.

121478[/snapback]

What is it?

121481[/snapback]

Wait a second...I've heard this before.....from LSU fans last year.

Don't kid yourself, replacing JC, RB, CW, JR, and CR is going to be nearly impossible.

Did you think Auburn would be a NC contender this year?

I certainly would have thought you were an idiot if you did.

By the way do you think Danny Sheridan is an idiot? He thinks we will be even better next year and I agree with him.

By the way do you think Danny Sheridan is an idiot? He thinks we will be even better next year and I agree with him.

121493[/snapback]

To me sheridan is no more credible on this than any member of this board. How good did he say we'd be in 2003 when we tanked it.

121493[/snapback]

To me sheridan is no more credible on this than any member of this board. How good did he say we'd be in 2003 when we tanked it.

121501[/snapback]

Sheridan picked Bama to win 10 games last year. :homer:

THERE IS NOT A BETTER QUARTERBACK IN AMERICAN THAN JASON CAMPBELL.....NUFF SAID

121520[/snapback]

come on tom. he is good, consistent, and a winner but definately not the best qb in the nation. i think you will understand this next year when he isnt drafted in the first 5 rounds. i love having jason as our qb but i believe that in this offense any qb with a little accuracy could flourish. think about this, campbell didnt even complete a pass to a wide out until the third quarter yesterday. most of his passes dont have to travel over 10 yards. ronnie and carnell in the open field will pad any qb's stats.

bearsdead you are not giving JC his propers. Tom's statement was a little strong, but not far off.

I saw at least 2 guys this weekend on espn and wherever that had him and leinert as the top 2 guys with the race wide open for heissman.

I really think he could go higher than the 5th round too. He is running a pro style offense to perfection at the moment while showing great vision and leadership skills as well as pinpoint accuracy. He's big and not real fast but not slow at all.

How do you know he is no where near as good as Campbell?

121466[/snapback]

If you re-read my post, I put IMO, which stands for 'in my opinion'. So I don't know defintely that he is better or worse than Campbell. I put my trust in the Offensive Coordinator/QB coach, one Albert Borges, to make that decision for me. And he's starting Campbell. And, at the first of the year, CTT told everyone that he wanted to get Cox into every game. But seems like that went by the wayside when Campbell started playing as good as he did. So I'll say again, from what I've seen of Cox, which is limited playing time, he's not as good as Campbell. And Coach Al Borges seems to agree. He has the potential to be as good, and I for one hope he is.

jason campbell will be drafted in the second round of the draft. i'd bet my degree on it. he's 6'5", 230, runs in the neighborhood of a 4.65, has nfl arm strength, has experience in multiple offenses, is a smart guy, a mature player. put it this way, if you want someone to compare him to try bryon leftwich with a little less power and a little more accuracy.

cox is NOT as good as campbell b/c is happens to be a present tense verb. we've seen them play this year, and no one in the country has been better than jason this year. so right now, cox isn't even close. sorry if you think differently, but you're just wrong. can he be as good? yeah as a college guy. he's a danny wonderful type qb. he'll never match jason's speed or arm strength, but he's very accurate and smart and calm in the pocket.

as for next year's team, they're going to be good. i expect to compete for the sec title. you can't ever EXPECT to match this team's accomplishments. i just know that we'll be a good team next year with guys like travis and a.t. and tj and ben and devin providing senior leadership. simply put, i'm going to enjoy watching auburn for a long time to come.

Archived