'04 Auburn Tigers

EllisHugh

Similarities between '03 LSU Tigers and '04 Auburn Tigers spooky.

Both came out of "nowhere" to be a contender for title game.

Both were stuck at 3rd and looked as if it wouldnt be possible to move into the game, unless a miraculous voter decision leap-frogged us.

Both got serious attention by not just winning late in the year against a good team - but winning big.

Both from SEC West, and the two teams ahead were OU and USC

Both got to title game one year AFTER lee corso picked us to be in it

Both had #1 scoring defense towards end of year.

And let me add if Auburn goes undefeated in the SEC and wins the SEC championship game and STILL doesnt make it to the Orange bowl - that doesnt bode well for the SEC. It basically says a perfect season in the SEC isnt good enough unless someone else screws up and that an SEC team does not control their own destiny. In short, I think Auburn deserves to be in the Orange if it they go unscathed in the SEC.

Now, with that being said - c'mon 'bama.

Similarities between '03 LSU Tigers and '04 Auburn Tigers spooky.

Both came out of "nowhere" to be a contender for title game.

Both were stuck at 3rd and looked as if it wouldnt be possible to move into the game, unless a miraculous voter decision leap-frogged us.

Both got serious attention by not just winning late in the year against a good team - but winning big.

Both from SEC West, and the two teams ahead were OU and USC

Both got to title game one year AFTER lee corso picked us to be in it

Both had #1 scoring defense towards end of year.

121513[/snapback]

Here's some more eerie similarities:

The year prior to LSU's NC year, LSU went 8-5 losing a nationally televised opener, 26-8; and also losing to AU later in the season, 31-7. Last year (the year prior to AU's NC run,) AU went 8-5 losing a nationally televised opener, 23-0; and losing to LSU later in the season, 31-7. How strange is that?

Another LSU-Auburn connection...Auburn won a split NC in 1957. LSU won the NC in 1958. LSU wins a split NC in 2003...and in 2004 Auburn....we'll wait and see.

No matter what!

It's great to be an Auburn Tiger! :cheer:

We could be like 100+ other teams in the country, but we are NOT!

WDE

One is undefeated

The other was not

Auburn deserves to be #1

121549[/snapback]

It must be hard for you hey SL2 to watch a 1 loss LSU team win the National Championship while the much heralded UGA team from the year before had 1 loss and didn't win the Nat'l Title and was beaten twice by that LSU team en route to the title. Keep hope alive though, and your mighty dawgs will get there. Wait, nevermind, you lose Mr. My Motor is Always Running Pollard and Mr. NCAA All-time Winning QB Greene. So much for hope!

And before you come back with your snappy little reply remember this LSU is 2 points away from being in the SEC Championship for 4 consecutive years. 2001 - SEC Champion; 2002 - 1 point loss to Arkansas in final seconds of the game; 2003 - National Champion and SEC Champion; 2004 - 1 point loss to Auburn in final minute of the game. I know...if ifs and buts...UGA would be a National Champion.

EliisHugh,

Thanks for the props and all, but seriously ... you're gonna f--ing root for Bama??!

Good God, man. Have some dignity.

121547[/snapback]

SCW,

I'll carry the same attitude as aubbies did for LSU through the SEC Championship, that is, if Auburn wins the SEC Championship, I want Auburn to play for the National Title, but until then I'll be pulling against Auburn like its fans did against LSU.

That being said, I don't see Auburn losing either to 'bama or Tennessee. I know everything is out of the window versus 'bama but Auburn is playing with a lot of confidence right now and looks stronger than they did when they played LSU. I think if Auburn plays USC in the Orange, Auburn wins and, if Auburn plays Oklahoma in the Orange it is a toss up.

A scenario some LSU fans are talking about because of hatred of USC is for USC to play Auburn and win and Oklahoma to play in the Fiesta and win. And for USC to win the BCS National Championship and Oklahoma to win the AP National Championship just to watch the reaction of USC.

Ellis, LSU is 2 points away from this.....and that....they are also 1 TD from losing to Troy and 30+ points away from beating Georgia.....so what? UGA was 1 game away from playing for a complete NC....see me bitching?

Quit crying...your team came down to earth this year instead of your predictions for another SEC Title....and will continue to stay that way with Russell looking like a D2 player at times......

This year's Auburn team has a chance to win a full NC....something we haven't had since '98 UT I believe......and I wish them all the luck

Going undefeated in the SEC is damn near impossible in today's world.

Ellis, you are the biggest patsy on this site. We don't see you in lord knows how long after Auburn beats you.....and then UGA beats your ass.....and then you show up months later? (oh wait, you also show up 1-2 times for snappy remarks towards Auburn)

Give me a break. Go run off and cry again

Wait....I was gonna' say something....Hmmm...Oh yeah, 1 0 - 9 ! ! ! :au:

See ya! :lol::lol::lol:

I rooted for LSU in the SECCG and in the NC. I can't stand LSU or UGA but if I have to pick I wanted the west to win.

Ellis,

You started out nice and everything, but now you are back to the same old same old. You and your precious tigers need to go crawling back to the swamp and stay there for awhile!!!!

WAR DAMN EAGLE AND BEAT BAMA!!!!!

Archived