Our current state

Taking one of three from MSU seemed to be good tonic for the RPI machine as we moved from 55 up to 37. Three wins this weekend is a must, and less than two could put us in danger of not even getting into the conference tournament.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, this weekend is critical. If we don't beat the other bottom-feeders of the conference we can't possibly squeeze into being one of the top 12 out of 14 teams and if we don't do that we won't make the SEC tournament! Lets fight hard and pull out that 12th spot!

Yes, this weekend is critical. If we don't beat the other bottom-feeders of the conference we can't possibly squeeze into being one of the top 12 out of 14 teams and if we don't do that we won't make the SEC tournament! Lets fight hard and pull out that 12th spot!

We're #12! We're #12! Go team go.

It is just a matter of time befor JJ is gone. I think it is an absolutely horrible idea for fans to stop supporting and attending Auburn athletic events. This is pretty equal to cutting off your nose to spite your face. Regardless or not, if we have the best financial status in the whole SEC, the programs must win games, or JJ will go. Yes, it might take more time than most of us are willing to let pass, but we must let the course run itself, and this will in due time have JJ out on the streets.

It is just a matter of time befor JJ is gone. I think it is an absolutely horrible idea for fans to stop supporting and attending Auburn athletic events. This is pretty equal to cutting off your nose to spite your face. Regardless or not, if we have the best financial status in the whole SEC, the programs must win games, or JJ will go. Yes, it might take more time than most of us are willing to let pass, but we must let the course run itself, and this will in due time have JJ out on the streets.

Whether JJ goes or stays, this is Pawloski's fifth year. His teams aren't getting any better. We're now locked in a battle to NOT be one of the TWO SEC teams that DOESN'T make the conference tournament. By a coach's fifth year he should have his team fighting for the top rung, not battling to avoid the cellar. This has simply got to be Pawloski's last season as Auburn's head coach.

I think Pawlowski is a great fit for the Southern Conference, not the SEC.

I have tried over the last few weeks to find some reason to believe we should remain on the current path with the current staff. We continue to struggle in every phase of the game. Hitting is pathetic, defense is among the worst in the league, pitching is consistently inconsistent and we don't seem to have any identitiy as a program. Not that my opinion matters, but I am convinced beyond the shadow of a doubt that we need to go in a different direction.

Hitting is awful. I always pulled for Gabe G when he was in the bigs...but he never was much of a hitter and JMO but he doesn't seem to be much of a hitting coach if that is supposed to be his job. Baseball is hitting, pitching and fielding and seems we rarely get two of those three aspects working at the same time and almost never get solid performances from all three. After 5 seasons, JP still can't seem to bring a coaching staff together that can produce a winning team.

I really felt like JJ couldn't care less about the baseball program when he kept Pawloski on after last season. The handwriting was so on the wall.

Twice we've hired former AU players from the bigs and I guess having the skills to play in the bigs and coaching / developing college kids is not the same thing. JP's main job is to hire good assistants and to know when it's time to make a pitching change. So far he hasn't done a great job of either one I guess. I hate to see us keep playing musical chairs with our coaching staff but when it ain't working.....it ain't working and there is not too much more to say about it.

We just aren't very good, as a program. Any person who thinks we are heading in the right direction, in any way, just isn't paying attention. It does get very old struggling in so many sports, all at the same time. I just don't see how we are going to get better under the current staff. Five years is more than enough time to get things heading in the right direction. However, making changes is something we don't do a very good job of IMO.

We just aren't very good, as a program. Any person who thinks we are heading in the right direction, in any way, just isn't paying attention. It does get very old struggling in so many sports, all at the same time. I just don't see how we are going to get better under the current staff. Five years is more than enough time to get things heading in the right direction. However, making changes is something we don't do a very good job of IMO.

Jay Jacobs.....

Jay Jacobs.....

That would be a good start IMO. I loved how he stood up and pounded his fists this last go around, but there is much more to being an AD than that and making money. Hopefully this committee, that will look into all things concerning Auburn sports, will have the foresight to make some quality changes. There is no earthly reason that Auburn University should be this piss poor in so many different sports.

I think Godwin (Ole Miss Ast.) or Thompson (Miss. State, former AU Ast.) would be a great place to start looking for the next HC.

We are the Coastal Carolina Tigers. As much as I want JJ gone and he deserves to go JJ's contribution here is allowing this to continue. It was Hal that hired our Coastal Carolina HC so the hiring brain cramp is on him. What I find interesting is JJ ran Muschamp off screwing him on his contract and I think plenty of that dealt with BOOM's comments and behavior he did not think represented Auburn well. While I can appreciate JJ's concern, BOOM is twice the coach CP will ever be and some of the others JJ has supported and continues to support.

War Eagle !

I think Godwin (Ole Miss Ast.) or Thompson (Miss. State, former AU Ast.) would be a great place to start looking for the next HC.

Heck, one of the LSU or Florida assistants would be fine by me.

We are the Coastal Carolina Tigers. As much as I want JJ gone and he deserves to go JJ's contribution here is allowing this to continue. It was Hal that hired our Coastal Carolina HC so the hiring brain cramp is on him. What I find interesting is JJ ran Muschamp off screwing him on his contract and I think plenty of that dealt with BOOM's comments and behavior he did not think represented Auburn well. While I can appreciate JJ's concern, BOOM is twice the coach CP will ever be and some of the others JJ has supported and continues to support.

War Eagle !

I don't think that's correct. Baird hired Lebo but JJ hired Pawloski.

JJ's worst screwup was running David Marsh off over failure to provide promised minor improvements to the swimming facility, followed closely by running Muschamp off over a petty contract dispute. I heard the Muschamp dispute was over ten single-game tickets.

PS: Casey Dunn gets my vote for our next baseball coach. He's been great at taking Samford's players and whipping AU and bammer with them.

War Eagle !

I don't think that's correct. Baird hired Lebo but JJ hired Pawloski.

JJ's worst screwup was running David Marsh off over failure to provide promised minor improvements to the swimming facility, followed closely by running Muschamp off over a petty contract dispute. I heard the Muschamp dispute was over ten single-game tickets.

PS: Casey Dunn gets my vote for our next baseball coach. He's been great at taking Samford's players and whipping AU and bammer with them.

Yep, Casey Dunn was at the top of my list LAST year.

When/who was the last school to finish last in all of the big three sports in the same year?

This has gotta be kind of record for futility in THE SEC.

heck! I used to wonder why the rest of theSEC put up with Vandy mooching off the rest of the SEC.

Now it's us!

Dan McDonnell - Louisville

Tracy Smith - Indiana

Pete Hughes - Virginia Tech

Jake Boss - Michigan State

Craig Gibson - Mercer

Mark Calvi - South Alabama

Casey Dunn - Samford

I doubt if any of the first four would be willing to leave their current locations. I would think the SEC (getting out of the snow) and first rate facilities might be enough to lure one away. Mark Calvi will be an SEC/ACC coach somewhere within a couple of years. Casey is a Dunn and an Auburn man and that makes me partial to him.

JP is the best coach for this job. The problem is Gross, this team hit last year with Jarret as the hitting coach. Auburn recruiting is at its highest levels in years today. So we lose the top prospects to MLB, its the risk you take. We have a good pitching staff now, just not hitting. We have some major recruits coming in next year, a top recruiting class that will push us to the top. Dunn has everyone watching him now and his team is terrible. You guys really believe playing mid week games vs SEC teams bottom pitchers makes you a genius. That in itself tells me you know nothing of baseball. I love it because no one here knows nothing about baseball, you got an AU man as hitting coach and he is terrible. I am sure he wont be there come this fall and maybe someone who can coach hittting will be. Get behind the team and support them instead of the bull crap back biting you all on this forum do daily. Fire JP and he will be at an elite program that is willing to support its team and beat us each time. Our facilities are dated and this man has tried his best and is upgrading them. There are better hitting facility at high schools around Alabama then what we have here at AU. You think we are state of the art? HAHAHA.. We didn't film batters at AU before JP got here. That is common place in baseball. The Park is outdated now and needs to be renovated. Recruits look at this stuff.

His in-game decision making tells us a different story, hbk.

JP is the best coach for this job. The problem is Gross, this team hit last year with Jarret as the hitting coach. Auburn recruiting is at its highest levels in years today. So we lose the top prospects to MLB, its the risk you take. We have a good pitching staff now, just not hitting. We have some major recruits coming in next year, a top recruiting class that will push us to the top. Dunn has everyone watching him now and his team is terrible. You guys really believe playing mid week games vs SEC teams bottom pitchers makes you a genius. That in itself tells me you know nothing of baseball. I love it because no one here knows nothing about baseball, you got an AU man as hitting coach and he is terrible. I am sure he wont be there come this fall and maybe someone who can coach hittting will be. Get behind the team and support them instead of the bull crap back biting you all on this forum do daily. Fire JP and he will be at an elite program that is willing to support its team and beat us each time. Our facilities are dated and this man has tried his best and is upgrading them. There are better hitting facility at high schools around Alabama then what we have here at AU. You think we are state of the art? HAHAHA.. We didn't film batters at AU before JP got here. That is common place in baseball. The Park is outdated now and needs to be renovated. Recruits look at this stuff.

None of what you said tho address our constant inability to play sound defense, terrible baserunning decisions, and lack of consistent pitching. The same issues have plagues us his whole time here. It is time for a change

Archived