Folks

chuck

I'm going to go ahead and say it now.

We are going to destroy bama. It is not even going to be close. There is not one unit (QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, DB, ST) in which bama has the talent and execution we have.

They have a very one dimesional offense. UGA had a balanced offense, and we shut it down - can you imagine what a team who can't pass the ball downfield is going to be able to do?

The stayed someone in the game last year due to ST - we lead the SEC in almost every ST category that exists.

Would this game be different if Brodie, etc. were healthy? Of course it would, Brodie is a good QB, who with a running game would be pretty solid. But he isn't healthy, and injuries are part of the game. The result is what you see on the field right now.

Spare me that bama scored the same amount of points against LSU as we did. Our offense is in a different league then it was in September. Do you realize we accomplished offensive domination over UGA on Saturday with only 4 passes to WR's? Its not that we couldn't do it . .we just didn't NEED to do it. Borges enters 10 new plays a week, that's 30 plays since Ole Miss. I have a feeling a good bit of those are passing plays - I have a feeling that Kines hasn't seen many of them either.

Auburn will win, Auburn will cover, Auburn will dominate. We will hold bama to under 10 (minus trash points against a 2nd team D) and we will put up over 20.

To our faithful bama posters - I'm not trying to talk trash, I'm just calling it like I see it.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

O.K. chuck. I'm with you. The thing is ... will a destruction type of game be enough to win us some love from the pollsters, computers, etc. Frankly, I don't think so. I'm not trying to talk trash or anything either. OU is also playing a patsy in the form of Baylor and should post a similar destruction type victory. Who do the pollsters pick then? At least Baylor has a signature win this season (A&M.) Who can uat point to as a signature win? Kentucky or Utah State? :big::au: WDE

I'm going to go ahead and say it now. 

We are going to destroy bama.  It is not even going to be close.  There is not one unit (QB, RB, WR, TE, OL, DL, LB, DB, ST) in which bama has the talent and execution we have.

They have a very one dimesional offense.  UGA had a balanced offense, and we shut it down - can you imagine what a team who can't pass the ball downfield is going to be able to do?

The stayed someone in the game last year due to ST - we lead the SEC in almost every ST category that exists.

Would this game be different if Brodie, etc. were healthy?  Of course it would, Brodie is a good QB, who with a running game would be pretty solid.  But he isn't healthy, and injuries are part of the game. The result is what you see on the field right now. 

Spare me that bama scored the same amount of points against LSU as we did.  Our offense is in a different league then it was in September.  Do you realize we accomplished offensive domination over UGA on Saturday with only 4 passes to WR's?  Its not that we couldn't do it . .we just didn't NEED to do it.  Borges enters 10 new plays a week, that's 30 plays since Ole Miss.  I have a feeling a good bit of those are passing plays - I have a feeling that Kines hasn't seen many of them either.

Auburn will win, Auburn will cover, Auburn will dominate.  We will hold bama to under 10 (minus trash points against a 2nd team D) and we will put up over 20.

To our faithful bama posters - I'm not trying to talk trash, I'm just calling it like I see it.

WAR DAMN EAGLE

121645[/snapback]

If only the game were played on paper...

I sure hope you're right, but don't count on it...

I have to say we do have them on QB, RB, WR, TE, DB. I say the LB and DL are close. As well as I like our OL, UA has probably the best OL in the SEC.

I think we win big, but the strong OL and good D bothers me. I think UA matches up with AU as well as any team we have played.

Could be jitters though

Auburn will win this one 34-16. Bama will play hard as heck, but their offense cannot pass enough to keep the Auburn "D" honest. The Auburn offense has too much fire power to allow bama to keep it close for more than 2 1/2 quarters.

Auburn will win this one 34-16. Bama will play hard as heck, but their offense cannot pass enough to keep the Auburn "D" honest. The Auburn offense has too much fire power to allow bama to keep it close for more than 2 1/2 quarters.

121683[/snapback]

if bama scores 16 points i would be embarrased. i bet chizik would have a cow if that happened.

All I have to say right now is this - Bama's hate will make them powerful. It's NOT just jitters, either. If the situation were reversed, and they came into our place 10-0 and ranked No. 2 in the country, we'd sure as Hell play our hearts out to beat them ... oh, wait, WE DID in '89. Like a lot of you, I was there, and it was the greatest football game I have ever seen.

I'm not trying to be a doom and glooomer. I think we can and WILL win this game. But even though those worthless Bama SOBs come straight from the deepest pit of Hell, they show up to play football against us. They hate us as much as we hate them.

THAT is why its the greatest rivalry in all of college football.

BEAT BAMA!

All I have to say right now is this - Bama's hate will make them powerful. It's NOT just jitters, either. If the situation were reversed, and they came into our place 10-0 and ranked No. 2 in the country, we'd sure as Hell play our hearts out to beat them ... oh, wait, WE DID in '89. Like a lot of you, I was there, and it was the greatest football game I have ever seen.

I'm not trying to be a doom and glooomer. I think we can and WILL win this game. But even though those worthless Bama SOBs come straight from the deepest pit of Hell, they show up to play football against us. They hate us as much as we hate them.

THAT is why its the greatest rivalry in all of college football.

BEAT BAMA!

121705[/snapback]

we also had reggie slack, ace wright, stacy danley, and james joseph.

reggie slack had more talent in his pinkie finger than all of bama's qb's combined.

As bad as I hate to admit it, Bama still carries weight with the voters. A win over Bama will look much better to the rest of the nation compared to an OU win over Baylor. But watch for Stoops to run up the score bigtime. White will be passing and Peterson will still be running hard in the final minutes of the game. That is OU's style.

stoops tried it saturday against the worst nebraska team that i have ever seen and it cost them a shutout.....coaches don't appreciate that stuff.....they may say that they understand,but it DOES piss them off......what i hope for is to get a big lead on the bammerboobs and then make it obvious that AU has pissed on the fire and called off the dogs......then coach tubs gives an after-game comment to the effect of "i just can't see running up the score and trying to humiliate someone just for the sake of impressing voters"......that would be big in the eyes of coaches......but first things first........just win,baby.........by the way, anyone have any idea how coach buttsniff at ole piss voted?......i don't care much for the man,but if he voted for AU i might lighten up on him

It is my understanding that Bama hasn't scored against Auburn in Tuscaloosa ever! Why should this year be differnet?

Keep the streak alive...

It is my understanding that Bama hasn't scored against Auburn in Tuscaloosa ever!  Why should this year be differnet?

Keep the streak alive...

They scored 7 in '02.

Archived