Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

Darvin Adams left early because he absolutely needed money. He has a couple kids, right? It seemed to be common knowledge that another year of college ball would absolutely benefit fit him but he really needed a pay check. That being said I don't see why he would gone pro if Auburn offered him money to stay.

I don't know why DA left when he did, but him staying for another year and having to play through the mess we had last season would not have benefitted him at all, IMO. He made the best decision by getting out when he did - at least he's playing and getting paid by the Canadian's.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is Selena Roberts left her job at SI, and started her own website. Since the release of the website I do not think she has had a HUGE story. If this turns out to be any truth at all (which I doubt) her website would be booming. Who would benefit from this? Selena Roberts. Let's be honest with all the reports of "Auburn Paying players" this would be an article that is half believable by the media. She has a shady past, and no better than a bama blogger at this point shooting for the moon, and hoping to hit it big.

She didn't leave her SI job on her own accord. They didn't renew her contract. Her career path is going in the wrong direction......from a NYT reporter to an internet blogger. The more outrageous the story, the more hits she'll have to her new site (started last week).

The problem is Selena Roberts "left" her job at SI, and started her own website. Since the release of the website I do not think she has had a HUGE story. If this turns out to be any truth at all (which I doubt) her website would be booming. Who would benefit from this? Selena Roberts. Let's be honest with all the reports of "Auburn Paying players" this would be an article that is half believable by the media. She has a shady past, and no better than a bama blogger at this point shooting for the moon, and hoping to hit it big.

FIFY

My guess is that this is her method of getting a job interview. Look how publications are hiring up idiots like Thayer Evans and Pete Thamel. She's showing them that she can pull in big numbers with semi-truths and get her name mentioned all over the sports media world.

I completely agree. I completely forgot about Thayer Evans. I wonder if those two are BFF now. They are both bottom feeders.

Lion.....are you kidding? A law requiring that only the truth be posted on the internet? :Sing: Boy that really sounds enforceable ...like a law that prevents criminals from owning guns....that's been working well lately too. The other interesting thing about this thread is the person starting the ball rolling is reported to be a graduate of AU's now defunct Journalism School....and the solution is that we should re-start the Journalism School so we can turn out more like her.....I like that answer. Meanwhile, in this dull period between football seasons, good old SR has given everyone something to talk about and al.com which was down to a dozen or so responses to their various daily news items is probably blown off line by the bammers rushing to comment about AU . Better still, those four or five sports hacks currently writing for al.com are being enriched by the hundreds....yea, perhaps thousands of comments/responses to their regurgitation of the SR post. This story has more potential to stimulate the local economy than the Fed does my giving taxpayer money to politically connected corporate donors.

No, I'm not kidding. Blogs have become the de facto press in this country and they need to be reigned in. People feel free to make up anything they want and post it as truth, because there is really no recourse for individuals who are harmed by what is posted. The court of public opinion has grown to the level where it can, in many ways, impose the death penalty on someone because one blogger can spout something false and in a matter of hours, all of the flaming idiots out there can pretty much ruin someone's life. Because there is no precedent to deal with that, there is nothing to stop it, so it keeps happening.

If little miss muckraker was still employed by a publication, this story would never have seen the light of day, because they have rules that they have to follow. Now that she's on her own, however, she can write whatever she wants and the major publications can report it as something she wrote, absolving themselves from any liability.

So if you believe this is a good idea...to whom are you willing to give the authority to decide what is true and what is not true ..and to levy penalties against those found to be writing falsehoods on the internet? I am far more willing to allow the public at large to decide between truth and fiction than I am to give ANY government agency the authority to decide who has the right to say what. Lots of people have died to give people like SR the right to make a fool of herself in public.....and I'm fine to let her talk or write or whatever. JMO, but nobody that really matters will believe this and I'm not going to lose sleep over what Colin Blowhard and his ilk think about AU.

The problem is Selena Roberts left her job at SI, and started her own website. Since the release of the website I do not think she has had a HUGE story. If this turns out to be any truth at all (which I doubt) her website would be booming. Who would benefit from this? Selena Roberts. Let's be honest with all the reports of "Auburn Paying players" this would be an article that is half believable by the media. She has a shady past, and no better than a bama blogger at this point shooting for the moon, and hoping to hit it big.

She didn't leave her SI job on her own accord. They didn't renew her contract. Her career path is going in the wrong direction......from a NYT reporter to an internet blogger. The more outrageous the story, the more hits she'll have to her new site (started last week).

Oh wow even better. Thanks for the correction.

Darvin Adams left early because he absolutely needed money. He has a couple kids, right? It seemed to be common knowledge that another year of college ball would absolutely benefit fit him but he really needed a pay check. That being said I don't see why he would gone pro if Auburn offered him money to stay.

I don't know why DA left when he did, but him staying for another year and having to play through the mess we had last season would not have benefitted him at all, IMO. He made the best decision by getting out when he did - at least he's playing and getting paid by the Canadian's.

He wouldn't have played last year. It would have been 2011 and it would have been nice if Trotter had someone else to throw to other than Blake. It would have helped him and us.

He wouldn't have played last year. It would have been 2011 and it would have been nice if Trotter had someone else to throw to other than Blake. It would have helped him and us.

Well it would have been at least another side of the field to throw a pick on you mean. :party:

Lion.....are you kidding? A law requiring that only the truth be posted on the internet? :Sing: Boy that really sounds enforceable ...like a law that prevents criminals from owning guns....that's been working well lately too. The other interesting thing about this thread is the person starting the ball rolling is reported to be a graduate of AU's now defunct Journalism School....and the solution is that we should re-start the Journalism School so we can turn out more like her.....I like that answer. Meanwhile, in this dull period between football seasons, good old SR has given everyone something to talk about and al.com which was down to a dozen or so responses to their various daily news items is probably blown off line by the bammers rushing to comment about AU . Better still, those four or five sports hacks currently writing for al.com are being enriched by the hundreds....yea, perhaps thousands of comments/responses to their regurgitation of the SR post. This story has more potential to stimulate the local economy than the Fed does my giving taxpayer money to politically connected corporate donors.

No, I'm not kidding. Blogs have become the de facto press in this country and they need to be reigned in. People feel free to make up anything they want and post it as truth, because there is really no recourse for individuals who are harmed by what is posted. The court of public opinion has grown to the level where it can, in many ways, impose the death penalty on someone because one blogger can spout something false and in a matter of hours, all of the flaming idiots out there can pretty much ruin someone's life. Because there is no precedent to deal with that, there is nothing to stop it, so it keeps happening.

If little miss muckraker was still employed by a publication, this story would never have seen the light of day, because they have rules that they have to follow. Now that she's on her own, however, she can write whatever she wants and the major publications can report it as something she wrote, absolving themselves from any liability.

I'm gonna have to call BS on this statement. Every AU fan in the country knows that SI/ESPN/USAToday/Sporting News/NYTimes, etc. published a ton of crap about Auburn over the last 4-5 years and they didn't have a shread of proof for any of it. Not one dang thing happened to any of those NATIONAL media agencies and nothing ever will. They publish anything that sells and unfortunately for whatever reason, former "AUBURN" men and women feel the need to feed the frenzy. If former players would learn to just shut their mouths then former a former AU alum wouldn't have a damn thing to write about!

Yup!

I like how on Mike and Mike, they were basically talking about all this like it was proven fact, not even bothering to mention that all these allegations were from a kid who is about to go on trial for armed robbery and many of the quoted players are denying they said those things. About 20 years ago I think espn had some integrity but no more.

Dude, don't youknow that the TRUTH does not sell? These guys are promoting their show and trying to create as much buzz as they can. What their spin lacks in honesty is made up for(in their mind) by the buzz it creates for their show.

Collin Cowherd just asked the question that I wish someone in his position would seek the answer too. "Why is it always Auburn in the middle of situations like this?" If he would really search out the answer to that question he would find the red elephant.

Collin also came back and said we are the dirtest program in the SEC. Then he goes on that state "Where is my proof? My proof is from two credible sources." A coach in the SEC and a former Auburn player was he source he said. LMAO! Sure...that's proof! He said the she correctly reported the story on A-Rod but failed to mentioned she was totally wrong on the Duke situation. Sure...he's real bias! LOL!

I was hoping he was looking for the answer but I guess not. Just one more espn hack pandering to the masses.

Yep...another hack. He didn't raise ANY questions regarding her report; believed ALL of it.

I'm gonna have to call BS on this statement. Every AU fan in the country knows that SI/ESPN/USAToday/Sporting News/NYTimes, etc. published a ton of crap about Auburn over the last 4-5 years and they didn't have a shread of proof for any of it. Not one dang thing happened to any of those NATIONAL media agencies and nothing ever will. They publish anything that sells and unfortunately for whatever reason, former "AUBURN" men and women feel the need to feed the frenzy. If former players would learn to just shut their mouths then former a former AU alum wouldn't have a damn thing to write about!

One thing ESPN is really good at is "reporting" other people's "reports". A lot of the garbage that we've had issue with regarding ESPN is just that. Taking someone else's work and writing an article about it. That keeps them in the clear so they don't have to do all the fact checking that should have been done.

No one believes this bull squeeze. I love the attention. It means the Gus Bus is getting ready to depart. All aboard that's going aboard, if you can't get a board get a plank...take the plank and bust Selena in her big a$$.

Sadly, everybody that is not an Auburn fan believes it. Furthermore, we have an AD that will close the curtains, and hide behind the couch, instead of making a public statement on how ridiculous these accusations are.

1. With the NCAA looking under every rock, about the Cam thing, we are going to change grades?

2. We are going to offer "several thousand dollars" to keep players from going to the NFL? Practice squad players make a minimum of $5,700 per week. Rookie minimum salary is $375 k.

Instead, we say nothing and let yet another "reporter" make false accusations against us. Somebody needs to grow a pair and hit one of these media bullies in the mouth.

What is interesting is that Auburn has received more national media scrutinty about Cam, HBO 4, Jovon Robinson & now this (all of which have been and will be proven false) than the Miami and Ohio State cases, which were proven true. Ohio St had to fire their beloved coach because of it. Did anyone hear anything about how dirty Ohio St was last year. I didn't. Hell, the NCAA had to investigate itself in the Miami case. This will be the 4th time in the last 4 years that a story has come out against Auburn, only to be proven false. Either Auburn is the cleanest program in the county, which the NCAA elluded to a couple of years ago, or we clean up our messes better than the Corleones. I prefer the former.

Just my take on this but I expect she started out writing about the trailer park four and McNeill gave her some names of friends who might say a good word about him...and she contacted them to talk about MikeMc which they were probably willing to do. SR may not have any scruples but she isn't a dummy and like many reporters, she is probably adept at getting people to talk about things they didn't intend to talk about.....so she was able to move the conversations along to subjects other than Mike Mc. No question she had an agenda and she was able to get comments from the Blanc, etc. that could be adapted (modified or whatever) to fit her agenda. That happens to people all the time.....people who think they know how to deal with the media (like politicians and athletes) and end up being quoted about things they did not say....or did not intend to say. She is trying to get a website up and running and what better way than to put out a piece that would be gobbled up by all the media in Alabama and those many cable channels and talk shows that seem to have an insatiable apatite for news....and not much interest in verifying whether it's accurate or not. They can always file it under their notorious "Truth and Rumors" heading. No point in suing anyone and IMO, a pox on any Auburn person who give that bi**** a hit on her website.

Must be nice to be a UGA fan, a FLA fan, or a Oklahoma fan. Must be nice to get excited about football, without having to look over your shoulder, wondering when the next embarrassing attack will come. Because you know another is coming every few months.

Must be nice to be an alum/ fan of a program that when it's name is mentioned around the country, the first thoughts that come to mind aren't cheating, scandal, and fraud.

This is getting tiresome.

Just laugh at it. It goes no where and you know some bammers wasted their cash to have this done and it just shows that even when they are on top we are in their heads making them shake with fear.

Everybody knows I am on record as saying everybody cheats but I really don't think you guys have nothing to worry about. I think it is very possible some of this was covered with the Cam investigation. FWIW, Roberts was on 97.3 and said she had tapes of the interviews with the people in the article. Definately not good publicity for AU.

One thing about big time football in the state of Alabama, you are going to get accused of cheating.

She said she had *some* tapes, not all. And she didnt say that she would release what she had. Color me unimpressed.

So if you believe this is a good idea...to whom are you willing to give the authority to decide what is true and what is not true ..and to levy penalties against those found to be writing falsehoods on the internet? I am far more willing to allow the public at large to decide between truth and fiction than I am to give ANY government agency the authority to decide who has the right to say what. Lots of people have died to give people like SR the right to make a fool of herself in public.....and I'm fine to let her talk or write or whatever. JMO, but nobody that really matters will believe this and I'm not going to lose sleep over what Colin Blowhard and his ilk think about AU.

Wow... you're much braver than I if you are willing to put your fate in the hands of the public at large. You do realize that the more than half of the population has a below average intelligence, right?

As for who decides what is or isn't true... ummmm... it's not a decision. Truth is an absolute that can be backed up by evidence. No one should be allowed to publish anything about another person without evidence to back it up, period. That's the rule that the press is required to live under (and currently dodges by blaming it on bloggers they are just repeating). I see no reason not to extend that to the blogsphere.

While I may agree with you that politicians are a bunch of mindless boobs out for their own gain, I'm not afraid of the government and letting them handle judicial matters. Yea, they make mistakes like everyone else, but the percentage of errors is pretty miniscule. In any case, no one would need to fear if they just don't publish anything they can't back up. How hard is that?

I like how on Mike and Mike, they were basically talking about all this like it was proven fact, not even bothering to mention that all these allegations were from a kid who is about to go on trial for armed robbery and many of the quoted players are denying they said those things. About 20 years ago I think espn had some integrity but no more.

Of course they believe it is factual. And how can you blame them? I don't blame anyone anywhere for believing AU is a bunch of cheaters. How can you blame them when literally every few months for 3-4 years something new comes out about cheating/paying players/academic fraud at Auburn?? It's just a painful reality we have to accept as AU fans.

One thing ESPN is really good at is "reporting" other people's "reports". A lot of the garbage that we've had issue with regarding ESPN is just that. Taking someone else's work and writing an article about it. That keeps them in the clear so they don't have to do all the fact checking that should have been done.

Exactly. That's the extended danger of the blogsphere. It allows major publications to skate by because all they are doing is reporting about a report. I, however, wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the bloggers were on an under the table payroll with some of these organizations to keep the "juicy" stories flowing.

The other trick they use is "opinion" pieces. Technically if it is posted as opinion, it's allowed to contain conjecture and speculation. That's how the NYT got away with a lot of the crap that Evans wrote... he wasn't reporting, he was opining.

It is already off the front of my homepage. This hack will be gone soon. Too much against her. Never really rooted against a fellow AU Alum big this chick is flat nuts.

Personally - I think there will be no tapes. I am sure we will see the "bagman" route retraced with all the daming evidence he had. "I cant show you, but beleive me......"

According to Joe Schad (the real one), Dre Kirkpatrick stated this morning that AU players spent very little (if any at all) on him during his recruiting visit.

Now we've got Joe Schad rehashing everything on Espn. Absolutely crazy.

From what little I caught of it, he was calling BS on her, per the info he had obtained from the players mentioned in the article. That was nice to see.

She's getting deep sixed by a lot of people today.

Can someone on facebook or twitter talk some sense to the jackwagons on Jox? The guys from 10-2 are going to interview the author at 12. I can't find an email for either of those two.

Tell them to get the AU players that are shooting the story down to talk on air!

Anyone listening to the interview on Jox? I can't get it at work.

Archived