Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

McNeil is a very credible source... Only 20+ years until he gets out of prison. I think the story is true.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So help me out here:

Were Auburn coaches so desperate to keep players eligible and playing in games that they would change a bunch of grades and pay guys off to keep them happy? Or were they so racist and crazy that they held frequent random drug tests targeting suspect guys (especially blacks)?

Did they love Darvin so much that they were willing to pay him thousands of dollars to stay for his senior year or so pissed with him and other guys that they'd undermine their draft stock to NFL scouts (and in the process hurt their own coaching resumes by putting less players in the League)?

McNeil thought he was on an innocent trip to get something to eat but enters the house with a black t-shirt over his head? In what universe does that make any damn sense? Either he thought it was a prank and went in with his face covered for that reason, or he knew it was a robbery and joined in. What makes no sense is to hide your face when you're trying to stop a robbery from happening.

Auburn wanted to keep McNeil quiet about the supposed "dirt" he has on Auburn and did so by encouraging his arrest and scapegoating him? Did Auburn think people in jail have no way of talking to others? Is this the way anyone attempts to keep someone in their good graces?

Auburn coaches couldn't stand long hair and tats (especially on black guys), but half the damn team including multiple starters on both offense and defense (of both races) had both long hair and tattoos...and one of the most visible, Darvin Adams, they were willing to pay thousands of dollars to keep for another year? Really?

Did Auburn try to cover up the arrests in cooperation with the Auburn police or did they encourage the arrests to get rid of some bad apples? The article claims both. This makes no sense.

---------------------------

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this article is its own worst enemy. The contradictions and asinine logical leaps are too obvious.

I want this story to be false, but I don't see these questions as being as compelling as you do. The big question I have around this involves why McNeil is the centerpiece of the story, when clearly he's compromised as a source.

The only guy who seems to be sticking to his role in the story is Darvin Adams. If he stands by it, that worries me.

Not sure how at least most of them can't be compelling. The hair and tattoo thing alone doesn't pass the smell test when you remember that roster. That goes to credibility of the main source.

The reason McNeil is the centerpiece is that he's the main source that she's getting her info from, which is problematic for her. What she did from there, according to at least a couple of the quoted players, is use the "helping Mike" angle to present a bunch of stuff he said to them and get their reactions, then selectively quote or twist their words around to appear to corroborate his story. In one instance, Blanc said she basically told him what Mike said, he said he heard the same thing from Mike and she turned that into Blanc said the same thing. But what he said is basically, Mike told me the same story. That's not the same as I also saw/heard/can affirm that such and such happened.

Also, Darvin hasn't stuck to or denied anything yet. He hasn't returned any calls thus far.

I heard some radio sports talk this morning and most of the people calling in think it's BS. Even most of the bama fans said the same thing.

She did not do herself any favors by going on Jox that is for sure....she did not sound credible and basically said players were scared....SCARED OF WHAT??? None of them are at AU anymore. What the $*#$*$ do they have to be scared of?

They directly asked her about tape recordings of these interviews and to me she completely dodged the question, and made some remark to the effect of "some reporters do that but I don't necessarily think that's necessary".

I mean...you have an ALABAMA player calling BS on what she said.

I love where she says that AU used McNeil as a scapegoat and wanted him to "protect the family secret". Because that is EXACTLY what AU would do in that situation....NOT! If AU had anything to hide with McNeil and wanted to keep him happy, there would not be a "Felony Four" case.

It's Spring, and Selena Roberts has accused Auburn of cheating again...

Hey, now we can get on with our Spring...If she was anymore consistent with the allegations we could use her as a clock.

While this report is ridiculous, it is unfortunate for everyone involved with the University (including fans) to have to constantly shoot down unsubstantiated rumors. I live in an area with very few AU fans and have to hear it again that Auburn is in the news for the wrong reasons. It is just tiring and I wish bogus reporters would find something else to write about not pertaining to Auburn. However, I saw someone say recently that whenever crap is stirred about Auburn, we have 1 heck of a following season. This is typically true with us. War Eagle!!

My phone is blowing up with updates from ESPN, etc. All of them are about players/coaches denying everything in the article. Not a single one has been in her favor.

Looks like her ploy to boost her career might be the final nail in its coffin instead.

So some ugly liar commenting on her prestigious website, hoopstank.com is the story of the year for the media flunkies who haven't had an original thought in years. What a pathetic sports media culture we have when this stuff is pushed as the gospel. A word of caution, don't go near al.com. The inbred Bama hillbillies are dancing in the aisles.

I felt sorry for the trailer park 4 before this. I figured they were dumber than dirt and squandered the chance of a lifetime, but after this I see McNeil as a whiny little loser throwing dirt around hoping to somehow mitigate the hammer about to fall on his future. Tough luck Mike, if you can't do the time don't do the crime. We'll see you in about ten years.

ESPN push notification just reported Dre Kirkpatrick denies any money was spent on him (per Joe Schad).

I would expect as much from Dre. Wouldn't it be a violation if he said he recieved money?

I first learned of this story when I logged into Facebook this morning. A UT Vol fan friend of mine posted it on my timeline with the words "Uh oh". As if I would be shocked there were new allegations. I am 43 years old....been an Auburn fan for 35 of those. This is something I am used to now...don't like it one bit...but it doesn't surprise me anymore. Media scum will always have agendas. I just hate the fact there are schools that are rubbing it everyones faces that they are cheating and never a story is written. Haters can, and will, keep hating.

What is interesting is that Auburn has received more national media scrutinty about Cam, HBO 4, Jovon Robinson & now this (all of which have been and will be proven false) than the Miami and Ohio State cases, which were proven true. Ohio St had to fire their beloved coach because of it. Did anyone hear anything about how dirty Ohio St was last year. I didn't. Hell, the NCAA had to investigate itself in the Miami case. This will be the 4th time in the last 4 years that a story has come out against Auburn, only to be proven false. Either Auburn is the cleanest program in the county, which the NCAA elluded to a couple of years ago, or we clean up our messes better than the Corleones. I prefer the former.

This statement is SO TRUE! We need to find out who the H3LL we pissed off to get this much attention!

What is interesting is that Auburn has received more national media scrutinty about Cam, HBO 4, Jovon Robinson & now this (all of which have been and will be proven false) than the Miami and Ohio State cases, which were proven true. Ohio St had to fire their beloved coach because of it. Did anyone hear anything about how dirty Ohio St was last year. I didn't. Hell, the NCAA had to investigate itself in the Miami case. This will be the 4th time in the last 4 years that a story has come out against Auburn, only to be proven false. Either Auburn is the cleanest program in the county, which the NCAA elluded to a couple of years ago, or we clean up our messes better than the Corleones. I prefer the former.

This statement is SO TRUE! We need to find out who the H3LL we pissed off to get this much attention!

Not a very hard search when your biggest rival has a rather large journalism department and a well documented booster group with big money and LOTS of hate.

I'll give you one guess.

Just as a side note, I am actually quite disgusted to find out that someone who graduated from Auburn was responsible for the Duke lacrosse case. I'm actually more disturbed by that than I am worried about this 'new' story.

well first thing you see is she is a journalism grad. I don't care where you go to school, journalism is all taught by people that think the same way. It is the same in sports and news.

Like I said earlier muschamp was at tx right?....why is this detail being overlooked

I think Boom was here when jailbird McNeil was a freshman.

wde

Pat Dooley ‏@pat_dooley1m

Talked to Will today. Totally denied allegation. Has an idea why it was made.

I think the Will Muschamp aspect is the most interesting part of the story. Auburn people know this is more of the same and how it will play out. Why bring Muschamp into the mix?

Because Coach Boom is rebuilding UF into NC contenders. The gumps see this and Coach Boom knows what the gumps are capable of, from his time at Auburn.

Some gump paid "he who shall not be spoken" back in the very early '90's to "come clean". Does anybody know if this punk's lawyer is a bama grad?

Like I said earlier muschamp was at tx right?....why is this detail being overlooked

Muschamp went to tx in 08, McNeil was a freshman in 07. The story definitely does not pass the smell test.

Archived