Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

Like I said earlier muschamp was at tx right?....why is this detail being overlooked

Would there have been any overlap in the time Muschamp and McNeil were at Auburn? Muschamp's last season was 2007 correct? McNeil would have been a true freshman in 07?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said earlier muschamp was at tx right?....why is this detail being overlooked

I think Boom was here when jailbird McNeil was a freshman.

wde

He was...... And this reporter stated on BSPN this morning that Coach Boom paid McScumbag $400 because he had had a bad day at practice. Wrap your head around that one for a second.

I think Boom was here when jailbird McNeil was a freshman.

wde

He was...... And this reporter stated on BSPN this morning that Coach Boom paid McScumbag $400 because he had had a bad day at practice. Wrap your head around that one for a second.

LOL, I know.

wde

Lion.....are you kidding? A law requiring that only the truth be posted on the internet? :Sing: Boy that really sounds enforceable ...like a law that prevents criminals from owning guns....that's been working well lately too. The other interesting thing about this thread is the person starting the ball rolling is reported to be a graduate of AU's now defunct Journalism School....and the solution is that we should re-start the Journalism School so we can turn out more like her.....I like that answer. Meanwhile, in this dull period between football seasons, good old SR has given everyone something to talk about and al.com which was down to a dozen or so responses to their various daily news items is probably blown off line by the bammers rushing to comment about AU . Better still, those four or five sports hacks currently writing for al.com are being enriched by the hundreds....yea, perhaps thousands of comments/responses to their regurgitation of the SR post. This story has more potential to stimulate the local economy than the Fed does my giving taxpayer money to politically connected corporate donors.

No, I'm not kidding. Blogs have become the de facto press in this country and they need to be reigned in. People feel free to make up anything they want and post it as truth, because there is really no recourse for individuals who are harmed by what is posted. The court of public opinion has grown to the level where it can, in many ways, impose the death penalty on someone because one blogger can spout something false and in a matter of hours, all of the flaming idiots out there can pretty much ruin someone's life. Because there is no precedent to deal with that, there is nothing to stop it, so it keeps happening.

If little miss muckraker was still employed by a publication, this story would never have seen the light of day, because they have rules that they have to follow. Now that she's on her own, however, she can write whatever she wants and the major publications can report it as something she wrote, absolving themselves from any liability.

So if you believe this is a good idea...to whom are you willing to give the authority to decide what is true and what is not true ..and to levy penalties against those found to be writing falsehoods on the internet? I am far more willing to allow the public at large to decide between truth and fiction than I am to give ANY government agency the authority to decide who has the right to say what. Lots of people have died to give people like SR the right to make a fool of herself in public.....and I'm fine to let her talk or write or whatever. JMO, but nobody that really matters will believe this and I'm not going to lose sleep over what Colin Blowhard and his ilk think about AU.

Wow... you're much braver than I if you are willing to put your fate in the hands of the public at large. You do realize that the more than half of the population has a below average intelligence, right?

As for who decides what is or isn't true... ummmm... it's not a decision. Truth is an absolute that can be backed up by evidence. No one should be allowed to publish anything about another person without evidence to back it up, period. That's the rule that the press is required to live under (and currently dodges by blaming it on bloggers they are just repeating). I see no reason not to extend that to the blogsphere.

While I may agree with you that politicians are a bunch of mindless boobs out for their own gain, I'm not afraid of the government and letting them handle judicial matters. Yea, they make mistakes like everyone else, but the percentage of errors is pretty miniscule. In any case, no one would need to fear if they just don't publish anything they can't back up. How hard is that?

Lion...I understand your point but I'm caught up in what's possible. There are literally billions of posts and blog comments every day....and who is going check all these and then try to enforce the truth? Especially considering that if "truth" were so easy to determine we wouldn't need trials and could operate like Iran or Iraq and let to top dogs monitor speech to decide what was true and acceptable. You probably over-estimate the intelligence of the US population but you might want to take a statistics course and learn about averages, etc. Our problem is probably with people who are actually intelligent.....or perhaps educated might be more accurate....who are on the net, listen to the talk shows and believe what they want to believe. There are 300+ million people in the US and I would make a pretty good bet that if you did a quick survey on the streets on any major city in Alabama, you could not find 10% of the people you stop at random who have any knowledge of this "report" as it has been characterized. IMO...this ain't about Auburn...it's about making money and trying to advance a career that's going down hill. Forget her.

One more thing. I was at AU at the same time as Selena Roberts, and I faintly remember a woman as Plainsman Sports Editor. That would have been the 1987-1988 academic year. There was some debate at this time, because the reason the sports editor position was available was because the incumbent sports editor was elected as the Plainsman's Editor.

If I recall, that was around the time of many of the professors putting pressure on the Athletic Department, and the Plainsman sided with the professors. This was also the period when Bobby Lowder pushed to eliminate certain schools and promote others (primarily Engineering and Business). This was also when they were debating a new core curriculum, which Lowder saw as job security for liberal arts professors.

I was there as well at this time. There was a strong rift between the academics and sports types. Perhaps she was one that felt the university was wrong I'm promoting sports. And perhaps she's never let it go.

So help me out here:

Were Auburn coaches so desperate to keep players eligible and playing in games that they would change a bunch of grades and pay guys off to keep them happy? Or were they so racist and crazy that they held frequent random drug tests targeting suspect guys (especially blacks)?

Did they love Darvin so much that they were willing to pay him thousands of dollars to stay for his senior year or so pissed with him and other guys that they'd undermine their draft stock to NFL scouts (and in the process hurt their own coaching resumes by putting less players in the League)?

McNeil thought he was on an innocent trip to get something to eat but enters the house with a black t-shirt over his head? In what universe does that make any damn sense? Either he thought it was a prank and went in with his face covered for that reason, or he knew it was a robbery and joined in. What makes no sense is to hide your face when you're trying to stop a robbery from happening.

Auburn wanted to keep McNeil quiet about the supposed "dirt" he has on Auburn and did so by encouraging his arrest and scapegoating him? Did Auburn think people in jail have no way of talking to others? Is this the way anyone attempts to keep someone in their good graces?

Auburn coaches couldn't stand long hair and tats (especially on black guys), but half the damn team including multiple starters on both offense and defense (of both races) had both long hair and tattoos...and one of the most visible, Darvin Adams, they were willing to pay thousands of dollars to keep for another year? Really?

Did Auburn try to cover up the arrests in cooperation with the Auburn police or did they encourage the arrests to get rid of some bad apples? The article claims both. This makes no sense.

---------------------------

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this article is its own worst enemy. The contradictions and asinine logical leaps are too obvious.

I borrowed this to get a response from a few folks. I will report back if they reply. I would be surprised if they do.

So help me out here:

Were Auburn coaches so desperate to keep players eligible and playing in games that they would change a bunch of grades and pay guys off to keep them happy? Or were they so racist and crazy that they held frequent random drug tests targeting suspect guys (especially blacks)?

Did they love Darvin so much that they were willing to pay him thousands of dollars to stay for his senior year or so pissed with him and other guys that they'd undermine their draft stock to NFL scouts (and in the process hurt their own coaching resumes by putting less players in the League)?

McNeil thought he was on an innocent trip to get something to eat but enters the house with a black t-shirt over his head? In what universe does that make any damn sense? Either he thought it was a prank and went in with his face covered for that reason, or he knew it was a robbery and joined in. What makes no sense is to hide your face when you're trying to stop a robbery from happening.

Auburn wanted to keep McNeil quiet about the supposed "dirt" he has on Auburn and did so by encouraging his arrest and scapegoating him? Did Auburn think people in jail have no way of talking to others? Is this the way anyone attempts to keep someone in their good graces?

Auburn coaches couldn't stand long hair and tats (especially on black guys), but half the damn team including multiple starters on both offense and defense (of both races) had both long hair and tattoos...and one of the most visible, Darvin Adams, they were willing to pay thousands of dollars to keep for another year? Really?

Did Auburn try to cover up the arrests in cooperation with the Auburn police or did they encourage the arrests to get rid of some bad apples? The article claims both. This makes no sense.

---------------------------

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this article is its own worst enemy. The contradictions and asinine logical leaps are too obvious.

I borrowed this to get a response from a few folks. I will report back if they reply. I would be surprised if they do.

I did, too. One actually said she feels "like a traitor" when she has to side with Auburn...

I'll also note something about the timeline here. The robbery and the supposed grade changes and attempt to bribe Darvin Adams to come back for another season would have to have happened during a period of intense NCAA scrutiny on Auburn. They'd practically set up a branch office at the athletic complex investigating the Cam Newton thing. Do you seriously mean to tell me that while the NCAA has set up camp in Auburn, Alabama and is interviewing players, boosters, coaches, parents and anyone else they can possibly get to talk to them, pouring over phone, email and bank records, that Auburn had the balls to offer Darvin thousands of dollars, change as many as 9 players' grades AND try to first cover up then push for the arrest of the four robbery suspects? And that given what McNeil supposedly knows, do everything in their power to piss him off?

Yeah, more logical holes you could lose a bulldozer in.

Well, two minutes was enough. Her style is to make a charge and then put the burden on someone to actually take her call and refute the charge...and if for some reason they don't take her call, she takes the position they must be guilty. If that's what she learned in AU's Journalism School it's a good thing the school shut it down.

What I find funny is the ESPN reaction.

ESPN: "Next we will have an expert on Auburn .... Paul Finebaum."

That is like saying, "Next we will have an expert on human rights .... Adolf Hitler."

This is the first time I've ever seen Joe Schad defend Auburn; thing is, they have Finebaum on the show, and he believes "corners were cut" to get to the championship game... Bammers won't let it go

Hate to see this mess again,but confident it will never be proven. Till then i will lay low on my shetland pony!

Give it a listen if you haven't already.

http://www.790thezon...s.aspx?PID=2610

After listening to this and the simple straight forward questions asked to Roberts and her baffoonery in answering, I think we can all officially answer a resounding Yes to the question: Does espn have an anti auburn agenda?

If this interview were shown on espn the story would have been over and forgotten by lunch.

When an "expert journalist" gets her lunch (breakfast) handed to her by radio DJs in Atlanta, there is a problem. I'm sorry to say she had an Aubirn degree in journalism since she did such a crappy job. She was obviously lying about tape recording of the "interviews" with Blanc and company because anyone who is accused of lying as blatantly as the hosts accused her, would have instantly said, "sure - I"ll play you the tapes."

UNBELIEVABLE!

Archived