Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

I would love for Auburn to turn this around and sue these reporters for some form of defamation of character or something.

For real! What do people have against Auburn? They act like we are winning freaking 50 National Championships or something! Good grief...we just won 3 games this year and 0 in the SEC! What the F?!

I'm tired of this shid and our AD needs to get a handle on this crap once and for all. People think we did something...go to Auburn for a few weeks and do all the freaking digging you want to do. If the HBO special didn't come of anything what makes people think this will. It's bascially the same allegations! I'm just tired of this shid and we need to step up and defend ourselves some kind of way b/c it's just going to continue and continue. SMDH.

They are hitting a man when he's down! I cant wait to see the segment where apparently we payed Wes Byrum too!

Are you serious? She saying we paid Wes?! LMAO! A F'n kicker? Who pays a kicker? LMAO. This woman is clearly trying to get back to the standard of SI and ESPN and going after the easiest target she could find. Every other reporter has picked on us so she is trying to see what may stick. I don't believe any of the crap but the sheer fact that these type of reports hurt our school no matter if it is true or not.

It's time that reporters start paying for their careless reporting of just putting things out that they hear and don't actually go and find facts and evidence and "report" the truth! They are just writing hear say and hoping to find some facts when the story gets picked up. Where is the evidence? I think she mad b/c she didn't get the scoop on the Rutgers incident. If she shows up with a video tape then I'll start listening to this crap!

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a lifelong AU fan, and it's gotten to the point where I can't take this anymore. What the hell is going on?? Either we are cheating unlike any program in the last 30 years, or there is some kind of clandestine, underground vendetta against our football program involving multiple media outlets throughout the nation. Mrs. Roberts may be (and probably is) completely unfounded in these accusations, but how does this keep happening?? OVER, and OVER and OVER again. For YEARS. This is absurd. This is unprecedented. Every few months there is something new. Another conspiracy. We are the brunt of every joke. It is no longer fun to be an Auburn fan. Especially one who lives out of state.

Isn't it interesting about the timing of this bunch of pulp fiction?

Just about the time people start digging around in Emmert's background, and looking at his buddy Saban and all the cheating at LSU.....AU takes another hit. Deflection is a great PR tool and the bammers are very good at it. I wonder who paid this pathetic excuse of a "journalist" to write this stuff?

I had that very thought...

If she could have gotten anyone to bite on this story she would have, she is an attention whore, due to being the scum of her profession she is now regulated to a crappy website to spew her garbage. Her past history has already ruined her career, hope she rots in.......

Tuscaloosa?

War Eagle

[quote name=JamesG'

timestamp='1365053863' post='1831510]

I'm a lifelong AU fan, and it's gotten to the point where I can't take this anymore. What the hell is going on?? Either we are cheating unlike any program in the last 30 years, or there is some kind of clandestine, underground vendetta against our football program involving multiple media outlets throughout the nation. Mrs. Roberts may be (and probably is) completely unfounded in these accusations, but how does this keep happening?? OVER, and OVER and OVER again. For YEARS. This is absurd. This is unprecedented. Every few months there is something new. Another conspiracy. We are the brunt of every joke. It is no longer fun to be an Auburn fan. Especially one who lives out of state.

Seriously? Time for you to put your big girl panties on or just throw in the towel.

I just don't understand this at all....

1. Why would Chizik and the coaching staff be changing grades and paying players when the NCAA was already breathing down their necks about the Cam situation.

2. Notice the players who are supposedly making these claims. Dyer, McNeil, Adams. These guys got kicked off the team or left Auburn too early and life hasn't really gone their way.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, maybe some of this stuff is true in some context...I have no idea. I just don't understand the constant media bashing of Auburn, and this story coming from an Auburn grad! The whole reputation of the SEC is a conference who cheats, and that is probably somewhat accurate. But Auburn isn't doing some wildly over the top rule bending/breaking that any other SEC school isn't doing. If we are than we have a bunch of idiots running our program. But I would bet that we do the same things other SEC schools do, so why the constant reports about Auburn? I'm just tired of every time our program is heading in the right direction, some nobody writer from basically a rumor mill source comes out with a story of us cheating and now it's front page ESPN news and we getting our reputation slammed again.

I just don't understand this at all....

1. Why would Chizik and the coaching staff be changing grades and paying players when the NCAA was already breathing down their necks about the Cam situation.

2. Notice the players who are supposedly making these claims. Dyer, McNeil, Adams. These guys got kicked off the team or left Auburn too early and life hasn't really gone their way.

I don't know what goes on behind the scenes, maybe some of this stuff is true in some context...I have no idea. I just don't understand the constant media bashing of Auburn, and this story coming from an Auburn grad! The whole reputation of the SEC is a conference who cheats, and that is probably somewhat accurate. But Auburn isn't doing some wildly over the top rule bending/breaking that any other SEC school isn't doing. If we are than we have a bunch of idiots running our program. But I would bet that we do the same things other SEC schools do, so why the constant reports about Auburn? I'm just tired of every time our program is heading in the right direction, some nobody writer from basically a rumor mill source comes out with a story of us cheating and now it's front page ESPN news and we getting our reputation slammed again.

Exactly! Those were the same questions i had. Let's face it...no major football program is totally clean but why are we always singled out? I mean...my goodness...one would think that us going 3-9 and not winning a single game in the SEC is punishment enough if we ever done anything horrible. H3ll we put ourselves on punishment last year without even trying to do so! LOL! I'm just tired of this and our AD needs to find some way to fight back. How about we start dragging these reporters through the mud? It has gotten way out of hand that we are always the focus of attention where in the end there is no proof in sight that we done anything wrong. Cam was the best chance the NCAA ever had in getting anything on us and it was killed and so was the HBO4. The NCAA was parked in Auburn so how would they not discover anything about what she has reported? A bunch of B.S. that hurts us yet again regardless if it is true or untrue!

Well it's been a while...news about college football is slow so I guess SR figures...why not dust off a few old discredited claims about AU and fold them into a hit piece that is sure to generate a few thousand hits on the web site from gleeful bammers. This isn't about trying to get AU hits on their sites...it's about getting the bammers, dawgs, etc. to check so they can ring up a few bucks from their hits.

Spot on AU64, this just reeks of BS. I am sure Mike McNeil is her "main" source, a guy waiting for trial for armed robbery and probably needs money for his defense. I wouldn't be surprised if the REC isn't in the wood pile somewhere. Gus has been getting a lot of good press lately about what is going on down on the Plains. The timing of this story breaking is just too damn convenient. To quote a phrase that is used a whole lot on the other side of the state, "move along folks, nothing to see here" surely applies here. I read where this broad was behind the Duke lacrosse rape scandal also and has a history of sensationalism. The story on al.com already has about 1800 hits. Bammers going crazy. All that coming from the biggest cheaters on the planet. LIfe is nuts. WDE!!!!!!!! Keep the faith!!!

I wish I could say what AU should do, but DO SOMETHING!!! Way too many times when something has been charged against AU, the norm for AU has been to just sit back and say nothing. It's time to fight back. This timing of this article is just way too convenient, what with the positive buzz coming out of AU with Malzahn and the new staff and let's not forget the article in USA Today about Mark Emmert and what went on at LSU with grade changing...now, who was the head football coach at LSU when Emmert was there?.

Best thing we can do..... Is bombard Roopstigo.com's Facebook page with the facts. I've already started. The twitter quotes by the players are out there. In this situation, we CAN do something about it!!

:flag::wareagle:;D

http://www.facebook.com/roopstigo

The writer is the Founder and CEO of the website!!!!!! HELLO!?! Can you say "what's the best way to generate traffic to our new sports site that no one has ever heard of"?!?!?!? This will amount to nothing. She is a hack and that is widely known. That's why she no longer works for the NYT.

There will be another one of these stories by someone else two weeks before the season starts. There will be another one a month before national signing day and then the cycle will repeat.

Sarcasm slowly morphs into reality. I'm starting to see the perspective of the REC conspiracy theorists.

I have now made it my mission in life to put the rec out of business for good. It may take the rest of my life but i will do it.

Best thing we can do..... Is bombard Roopstigo.com's Facebook page with the facts. I've already started. The twitter quotes by the players are out there. In this situation, we CAN do something about it!!

:flag::wareagle:;D

http://www.facebook.com/roopstigo

The writer is the Founder and CEO of the website!!!!!! HELLO!?! Can you say "what's the best way to generate traffic to our new sports site that no one has ever heard of"?!?!?!? This will amount to nothing. She is a hack and that is widely known. That's why she no longer works for the NYT.

Considering the quality of writing at NYT the fact that they fired her tells me a lot

Wake me up when this is all over. What a pathetic cry for attention.

That's about it. This woman has done this type of story on Auburn before and it never amounts to anything. For whatever her reason is, she hates Auburn even though she has her degree from Auburn. She's a hack trying desperately to get noticed.

Some basic miss-assumptions about this: 1. That this is about Auburn. JMO but SR is a person whose career is in the toilet and she knows the best way to pump up attention is to write something attention getting....from the bammers who flock to anything AUburn related. 2. That a guy awaiting trial for a major felony can be counted on the be truthful ....especially since telling an interesting lie will have no negative affects. 3. That AU can do anything to stop this kind of thing. There is nothing that AU or the AD can write (or have written) that will stop this kind of stuff. The school can't sue the writers who fall back on the old defense of just reporting stuff that was originated elsewhere. Mark Twain warned against starting a fight with people (newspapers) that buy ink by the barrel and newsprint by the carload. The modern equivalent is starting a fight with an unprincipled person who only has to push "copy", "paste" and "forward" to pass along their garbage to virtually the entire world. Soon as you find a bammer that says...."you know, I was wrong...Cam is a great guy and he was unfairly treated by ESPN" we will know that we are nearing the "end of times".

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Its time for AU to unleash the PAIN on some of these writers for all these wild hairs up your arse stories degrading AU! Until the University takes one these butt-wipes and run their A$$ thru the mud. Then skull drag them thru every media outlet as an example this type of crap will continue.

Everybody knows I am on record as saying everybody cheats but I really don't think you guys have nothing to worry about. I think it is very possible some of this was covered with the Cam investigation. FWIW, Roberts was on 97.3 and said she had tapes of the interviews with the people in the article. Definately not good publicity for AU.

One thing about big time football in the state of Alabama, you are going to get accused of cheating.

She going to release those tapes in two weeks? Is that when the hammer is coming?

Is there not a libel suite AU can slap on her?

No. These leeches write things like this to gain hits on their otherwise impotent web sites. We Auburn fans hurt them the worst by not clicking on their site.

She going to release those tapes in two weeks? Is that when the hammer is coming?

Yeah and the bagman is going to be revealed on live radio too!

This is the updyke trial strategy all over again, with the added bonus of dragging former players through the mud.

-Trial approaches and wild media story breaks, attorney drops client, trial delayed.

-Trial approaches and wild media story breaks, change of venue, trial delayed.

-Trial approaches and wild media story breaks, another attorney drops client, trial delayed.

We might as well brace ourselves as this is only wild and intentionally fabricate media story # 1.

At this point, I think we all know our opponent pretty well. We know how they attack. There is seldom anything new to the strategy so let us dissect the latest.

1. Journalist who is scraping the bottom of the barrel to be relevant - check

2. Former player who is desperate - check

3. Story originating from internet source so major media outlets can report it as reported elsewhere - check

I am sure with the collective recall of this message board we can construct the rest of this story before it is ever written.

Archived