Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

S. Roberts about to be on Brando radio show.....

Sleezy talk radio hosts playing devils advocate - check

"This is a story that just won't go away....." - P. Finebaum

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everybody knows I am on record as saying everybody cheats but I really don't think you guys have nothing to worry about. I think it is very possible some of this was covered with the Cam investigation. FWIW, Roberts was on 97.3 and said she had tapes of the interviews with the people in the article. Definately not good publicity for AU.

One thing about big time football in the state of Alabama, you are going to get accused of cheating.

But only one of the schools get screwed for it without getting "screwed"....

One more thing. I was at AU at the same time as Selena Roberts, and I faintly remember a woman as Plainsman Sports Editor. That would have been the 1987-1988 academic year. There was some debate at this time, because the reason the sports editor position was available was because the incumbent sports editor was elected as the Plainsman's Editor.

If I recall, that was around the time of many of the professors putting pressure on the Athletic Department, and the Plainsman sided with the professors. This was also the period when Bobby Lowder pushed to eliminate certain schools and promote others (primarily Engineering and Business). This was also when they were debating a new core curriculum, which Lowder saw as job security for liberal arts professors.

So when she interviews the bama players that were recently arrested and gets them to tell all the wild tales of what went on behind the scenes of their nc run, can we all then agree that she is a hack?

So when she interviews the bama players that were recently arrested and gets them to tell all the wild tales of what went on behind the scenes of their nc run, can we all then agree that she is a hack?

When is that going to happen? Answer...The 9th of Never.

So, she says she has tapes...didn't Redfish or whatever his name is/was up in Huntsville claim to have tapes as well? Can't tapes be doctored? Why wait 2 weeks---hell, bee-otch, release them NOW. What's waiting 2 weeks going to matter? Thank God Finebaum is off the air. He'd go nuts with this, despite the fact that this "reporter" has a sullied past.

I will say this about our "friends" on the other side of the state, and I believe someone else has mentioned this in this thread as well: As much as I despise those a******s, and in my heart UA is the most corrupt NCAA football program in the history of the NCAA, if this had come out against their program, someone over there---and I don't mean some trailer trash Bammer---would have come out swinging. AU, in the meantime, goes into a shell. They always have.

Hey what happend to Varez Ward? What happend with Stanley Mcglover? More of the same. Honestly Selena Roberts is a PIECE OF CRAP. There I said! She was fired from the NY Times. ARod said she stalked him. Jason Whitlock took her @ss to task for the ARod book. She has yet to apologize to the Duke Lacrosse players and now three players have said she misquoted them?

Look if Auburn did wrong then we should be punished and if say Charles Robinson from yahoo reported this I would be concerned but Roberts is trash.

I don't believe it. The NCAA has been up and down the Plains the last year plus, with the FBI in tow. Convenient that once again the only ppl who come out and haven't been misquoted (allegedly) are ppl who have something against Auburn.

Hey what happend to Varez Ward? What happend with Stanley Mcglover? More of the same. Honestly Selena Roberts is a PIECE OF CRAP. There I said! She was fired from the NY Times. ARod said she stalked him. Jason Whitlock took her @ss to task for the ARod book. She has yet to apologize to the Duke Lacrosse players and now three players have said she misquoted them?

Look if Auburn did wrong then we should be punished and if say Charles Robinson from yahoo reported this I would be concerned but Roberts is trash.

After the NCAA conducted a year long witch hunt er uh investigation into Auburn's Athletic Dept affairs which resulted in a letter of commendation to Auburn about their commitment to compliance - Im not worried about any of it and could not possibly care less who is reporting it!

I like how on Mike and Mike, they were basically talking about all this like it was proven fact, not even bothering to mention that all these allegations were from a kid who is about to go on trial for armed robbery and many of the quoted players are denying they said those things. About 20 years ago I think espn had some integrity but no more.

I like how on Mike and Mike, they were basically talking about all this like it was proven fact, not even bothering to mention that all these allegations were from a kid who is about to go on trial for armed robbery and many of the quoted players are denying they said those things. About 20 years ago I think espn had some integrity but no more.

There are only 2 guys that will actually bring that part up....both are with 680 the fan ....jon Kincaid and Chuck Oliver

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2013/04/auburn_police_chief_tommy_daws.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Auburn police chief Tommy Dawson: 'A football coach doesn't tell me how to run the Auburn police division.'

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/03/more-accusations-leveled-against-auburns-football-program/related/

UPDATED 9:21 p.m. ET:

In a pair of tweets posted to his Twitter account, Neiko Thorpe claims that he was misquoted by Roberts in her story.

“While I spoke to Selena Roberts about Mike I have just read her article & not only am I misquoted but my words are very out of context. We didn’t talk about NCAA violations or recruiting. I’m proud 2 have played at Auburn & the opportunities it gave me.”

http://auburn.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1491490

AuburnSports.com caught up with former Auburn defensive lineman Mike Blanc on Wednesday night regarding his part in a questionable report by Selena Roberts, writer for Roopstigo.com. Here's what Blanc had to say regarding his part in the story in it's entirety.

ROBERTS QUOTES YOU SAYING GRADES WERE CHANGED FOR MIKE DYER, AND SAYS YOU ALLEGE THAT AUBURN OFFERED TO PAY DARVIN ADAMS TO STAY HIS SENIOR YEAR: "None of that is true."

WHAT'S YOUR REACTION TO ROBERTS CLAIMING YOU ALLEGE DARVIN ADAMS WAS OFFERED MONEY? "That's not true. I never said Auburn offered Darvin anything. Darvin never has personally come to me and told me any of this stuff. I said Mike has talked to Darvin, too. Mike actually is closer to Darvin than I am. I don't know if Mike and Darvin had a conversation about it, but I know, personally, Darvin didn't tell me any of that. The person from whom she heard and the person I heard was the same person. Mike told me! Mike told me the same thing he told her! This whole situation is just crazy. I can't believe how people's words are being used and thrown around.

Dude, don't youknow that the TRUTH does not sell? These guys are promoting their show and trying to create as much buzz as they can. What their spin lacks in honesty is made up for(in their mind) by the buzz it creates for their show.

Dude, don't youknow that the TRUTH does not sell? These guys are promoting their show and trying to create as much buzz as they can. What their spin lacks in honesty is made up for(in their mind) by the buzz it creates for their show.

Bingo.

Collin Cowherd just asked the question that I wish someone in his position would seek the answer too. "Why is it always Auburn in the middle of situations like this?" If he would really search out the answer to that question he would find the red elephant.

Bingo.

Oh yeah I get it, its all bout ratings and clicks now. However, it still makes me want to come through the tv and yell at them. We have no unbias show around here. There is a local show that is hosted by a bammer, and co-hosted by an even more blatant bammer. I didn't even bother turning that one on this morning.

Archived