Allegations against Auburn

WarDamnEagle#1

A felon facing 20 yrs and a washed up journalist with only the credibility of a degree from the school make headline news on the single main 24 hr propaganda outlet.

Does the term Reichstag mean anything to anyone?

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, she says she has tapes...didn't Redfish or whatever his name is/was up in Huntsville claim to have tapes as well? Can't tapes be doctored? Why wait 2 weeks---hell, bee-otch, release them NOW. What's waiting 2 weeks going to matter? Thank God Finebaum is off the air. He'd go nuts with this, despite the fact that this "reporter" has a sullied past.

I will say this about our "friends" on the other side of the state, and I believe someone else has mentioned this in this thread as well: As much as I despise those a******s, and in my heart UA is the most corrupt NCAA football program in the history of the NCAA, if this had come out against their program, someone over there---and I don't mean some trailer trash Bammer---would have come out swinging. AU, in the meantime, goes into a shell. They always have.

Alabama has a Law School and lawyers that work at some of the most powerful Law Firms in the state. When people do this to them they do come out swinging and whoever wrote the story better be 100% accurate with it or they get sued. Unfortunately we don't have that advantage otherwise we would not have had to endure these constant attacks since the NC. I just wonder what would make an Auburn grad so upset with her University that she would do this. I don't see a potential NCAA problem with this since everyoe except Mike has denied what they are supposed to have said. It's just another attemt to make us look bad. We have to be squeaky because my beleif is that there are dozens of writers that looked really bad over the outcome of all the Cam stuff and they are looking at us for anythi they can find to get there revenge. this women nearly sent a han full of young men from Duke to Prison for a long time and it doesn't appear that she has an remorse for her actions. She doesn't have tapes becuse if she did she would have released them right away to back up the story. Saying you have them and will release tehm in two weeks jis just a way to get her story out now and hope that no one follows up is two weeks asking where the tapes are. I would think the players would know if they were taped and it doesn't appear that they did. I have no idea whether any of this is true or not and most of us don't but I can tell you if someone called me a liar it wouldn't take me two weeks to show that I wasn't.

Please, people, RELAX! A washed-up reporter is getting the only kind of hit she can. Two things: please do investigate the recruitment of Dre' Kirpatrick, and two, since we have fired or released every Coach that might be involved with this, the only thing left to do is fire the AD and ASST AD!!!! I like that idea.

Something else that seems contradictory: Why would Chizik offer money to Darvin to stay his senior season but dislike black players with long hair or dreadlocks?

I like how on Mike and Mike, they were basically talking about all this like it was proven fact, not even bothering to mention that all these allegations were from a kid who is about to go on trial for armed robbery and many of the quoted players are denying they said those things. About 20 years ago I think espn had some integrity but no more.

Dude, don't youknow that the TRUTH does not sell? These guys are promoting their show and trying to create as much buzz as they can. What their spin lacks in honesty is made up for(in their mind) by the buzz it creates for their show.

Collin Cowherd just asked the question that I wish someone in his position would seek the answer too. "Why is it always Auburn in the middle of situations like this?" If he would really search out the answer to that question he would find the red elephant.

OR he'd find a purple/gold tiger, or a maroon/white bulldog, or a orange/white hound dog, or a red/black cock - - - those are the programs that have done shady things and are either on NCAA probation or have just recently come off of NCAA probation or are under NCAA investigation. The shady things going on in this conference is rampant and the only programs that get drug through the mud by the NATIONAL media is the program that had to endure a NCAA colon cleansing and came out clean as a whistle??

I would love for Auburn to turn this around and sue these reporters for some form of defamation of character or something.

For real! What do people have against Auburn? They act like we are winning freaking 50 National Championships or something! Good grief...we just won 3 games this year and 0 in the SEC! What the F?!

I'm tired of this shid and our AD needs to get a handle on this crap once and for all. People think we did something...go to Auburn for a few weeks and do all the freaking digging you want to do. If the HBO special didn't come of anything what makes people think this will. It's bascially the same allegations! I'm just tired of this shid and we need to step up and defend ourselves some kind of way b/c it's just going to continue and continue. SMDH.

They are hitting a man when he's down! I cant wait to see the segment where apparently we payed Wes Byrum too!

Are you serious? She saying we paid Wes?! LMAO! A F'n kicker? Who pays a kicker? LMAO. This woman is clearly trying to get back to the standard of SI and ESPN and going after the easiest target she could find. Every other reporter has picked on us so she is trying to see what may stick. I don't believe any of the crap but the sheer fact that these type of reports hurt our school no matter if it is true or not.

It's time that reporters start paying for their careless reporting of just putting things out that they hear and don't actually go and find facts and evidence and "report" the truth! They are just writing hear say and hoping to find some facts when the story gets picked up. Where is the evidence? I think she mad b/c she didn't get the scoop on the Rutgers incident. If she shows up with a video tape then I'll start listening to this crap!

I was being sarcastic, I hope I didn't give her any idea though lol. Sorry haha

So Selena Roberts, after declaring the guilt of the Duke Three, is "sympathetic" to at least Mike McNeil of the Auburn Four.

Makes no sense.

Selena Roberts to be on the Dan Patrick Show between 10 and 12 this morning.

Seems like Roberts is just trying to throw mud at a wall and see what sticks. Called out Dye and the NCAA on ESPN just now, and Muschamp is talked about in the article. If she's trying to make any friends, she's doing a horrible job,

Didn't she write about the LaCross team and spelled out everyting those guys "did"? but as we all know, they didn't do any of what she wrote about. She made their life hell and those young men will be the same.

In my opinion, this is a defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression and by definition constitutes libel. AU should file a civil suit against this person. By any measure, this thread is gossip and I believe it does not belong in the AU Football Forum.

If by some miracle this is false, we should definitely file a suit.

Auburn is a public institution and is widely known and generally libel and slander laws do not apply....just like celebrities. It's almost impossible to win a lawsuit for libel unless you can clearly show intent to damage and show that you suffered monetary damages too. The idea of suing is a waste of time and energy. Also, I'm amazed that someone on this board claiming to be an AU supporter would automatically accept that something like this is accurate just because it shows up in print somewhere. Do they have a course in "naïve thinking" at AU these day? It's not a matter of tin foil hats....sometimes it's a matter of common sense. JMO.

You aren't getting that this story is about ALLEGED improper activities by private individuals, not a public institution. when somebody says "the coaches" that's not the brick & mortar buildings. There are many folks defamed in this article that are not legally akin to politicians, rock stars, Hollywood self-promoters, etc. McNeal etc are clearly defaming left & right, the big legal and practical question is is this reporter acting with reckless disregard for the facts? (see NYT v Sullivan et al). The bigger PRACTICAL question is does Auburn as an institution want to be the poster child for fighting the national media? Win the battle lose the war?

Can someone on facebook or twitter talk some sense to the jackwagons on Jox? The guys from 10-2 are going to interview the author at 12. I can't find an email for either of those two.

Tell them to get the AU players that are shooting the story down to talk on air!

For some reason, this "woman" just picks things out of the air to write about. On the cover it looks like there's something there, but after you start looking closer, you find that there's nothing there. Just like there's nothing between this "womans" ears. It's blank.

No one believes this bull squeeze. I love the attention. It means the Gus Bus is getting ready to depart. All aboard that's going aboard, if you can't get a board get a plank...take the plank and bust Selena in her big a$$.

My question is, why did she interview McNiell in the first place???

Is it because she follows Auburn so close, that she was just checking up on him? I mean, there's no way she could feel pitty for him... he was there during an armed robbery. Whether he held the gun or not, he's still guilty. So why would she even care? To be perfectly honest, nobody outside the state of alabama even knows or cares who Mike McNiell is.

So this is looking like nothing more than a crap digging session from the get go. She new what she was doing and she new what was going to happen by going after McNiell. This lady is a washed up journalist trying to put her name on the map.

The sad part is, she has succeeded. Her name is all over the news now. She has been interviewed countless time on national radio in just 12 hours since the story dropped.

Again, nothing will come of this... just another black eye. Nobody can prove money changed hands, because nobody will talk. About the grades thing... I just find it hard to believe with the NCAA all over Auburn that whole season, that something like that would slip through the cracks.

But, get ready... It's gonna get a whole lot worse. Just in the end, nothing will come of any of the garbage.

Just as a side note, I am actually quite disgusted to find out that someone who graduated from Auburn was responsible for the Duke lacrosse case. I'm actually more disturbed by that than I am worried about this 'new' story.

Is there not a libel suite AU can slap on her?

That's hard to prove and costly but we need to start doing something b/c this will continue and continue. I'm tired of being the "whipping boy!"

She going to release those tapes in two weeks? Is that when the hammer is coming?

Thing is even if they are on tape saying the things that were quoted....Where is her proof that those things actually took place? Otherwise it's their word against the school's word...that doesn't go far.

She going to release those tapes in two weeks? Is that when the hammer is coming?

I don't think she has a reason to release them unless she gets sued and I don't think that is going to happen.

She will have have to release the tapes if she wants to back up her story. It's not like the people are not identified as those who commented on the article so she can't say she is protecting players who gave her the information.

So help me out here:

Were Auburn coaches so desperate to keep players eligible and playing in games that they would change a bunch of grades and pay guys off to keep them happy? Or were they so racist and crazy that they held frequent random drug tests targeting suspect guys (especially blacks)?

Did they love Darvin so much that they were willing to pay him thousands of dollars to stay for his senior year or so pissed with him and other guys that they'd undermine their draft stock to NFL scouts (and in the process hurt their own coaching resumes by putting less players in the League)?

McNeil thought he was on an innocent trip to get something to eat but enters the house with a black t-shirt over his head? In what universe does that make any damn sense? Either he thought it was a prank and went in with his face covered for that reason, or he knew it was a robbery and joined in. What makes no sense is to hide your face when you're trying to stop a robbery from happening.

Auburn wanted to keep McNeil quiet about the supposed "dirt" he has on Auburn and did so by encouraging his arrest and scapegoating him? Did Auburn think people in jail have no way of talking to others? Is this the way anyone attempts to keep someone in their good graces?

Auburn coaches couldn't stand long hair and tats (especially on black guys), but half the damn team including multiple starters on both offense and defense (of both races) had both long hair and tattoos...and one of the most visible, Darvin Adams, they were willing to pay thousands of dollars to keep for another year? Really?

Did Auburn try to cover up the arrests in cooperation with the Auburn police or did they encourage the arrests to get rid of some bad apples? The article claims both. This makes no sense.

---------------------------

Surely I'm not the only one that thinks this article is its own worst enemy. The contradictions and asinine logical leaps are too obvious.

Why would Muschamp pay an average safety 400 dollars after a bad day at practice. "You really sucked out there today, here's 400 dollars". McNeil wasn't even close to the star of the team. Makes no sense. I think this kid screwed up his life and is now trying to lash out, and he found just the right washed up, unreliable writer that would help him out.

Archived