2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there's a way that you can get that message across without sounding pompous or arrogant too. So it may have been legit.

The class is filling up, & quickly, which is true. & it appears the coaches have put emphasis on momentum on the front end of the cycle rather than trying to play catch-up football & try and close strong.

So there definitely is a scenario where the allocated spots at his position may be gone sooner rather than later, with a lot of interest being shown by other RBs

I don't want to sound like I have inside info, because i don't. But during Big Cat Weekend, my buddy that i work with was at an establishment in Auburn. He said a few guys came in and got to talking. Turned out to be Jaquay Williams and Javon Robinson and a couple other guys. They stayed there the whole night and by the end of the night Javon was telling everybody he was coming to Auburn. Whether he was being serious idk. But it's definitely not bad news. 

I don't want to sound like I have inside info, because i don't. But during Big Cat Weekend, my buddy that i work with was at an establishment in Auburn. He said a few guys came in and got to talking. Turned out to be Jaquay Williams and Javon Robinson and a couple other guys. They stayed there the whole night and by the end of the night Javon was telling everybody he was coming to Auburn. Whether he was being serious idk. But it's definitely not bad news. 

It could be that the info is completely legit (not implying that your friend was lying, rather referring to Robinson meaning it or not), and he sincerely wants to come to Auburn but wants to play the recruiting game, and the coaches aren't so cool with that. Then again, Robinson could have sincerely meant it when he said it, but still have been simply swept up with emotion and not kept the same mindset later on. :dunno:

Guys we are national champs. This type of thing happens.  IF kids dont wanna hop on the trooper train, or the gus bus, or the roof, then weve got plenty other kids that will take their place. How many kids visit the plains and leave with auburn not in their top group? Recruits must learn that while we are a family, we will have full house very quickly. This is big time recruiting boys and girls.

I have also heard that Tyler nero and Philon were told whichever commits first gets the smaller/shorter DT spot.  Idk if this is true but it wouldnt suprise me. Its not a matter of being mean, just a matter of finding out who really wants to come to AU.

As for the running back situation, I believe we get one of either Jovon, Brian Kimbrow, or Keith Marshall.  The others like Sanders and Shell are long shots, but with our staff that could change.  Im satisfied with just yeldon, which I believe is our best recruiting win so far, as the turds went into meltdown mode, but I believe we take atleast one more either to be the scat back, or the H-back.

All of this information is copywrighted, and just my opinion.  :wedance:

Guys we are national champs. This type of thing happens.  IF kids dont wanna hop on the trooper train, or the gus bus, or the roof, then weve got plenty other kids that will take their place. How many kids visit the plains and leave with auburn not in their top group? Recruits must learn that while we are a family, we will have full house very quickly. This is big time recruiting boys and girls.

I have also heard that Tyler nero and Philon were told whichever commits first gets the smaller/shorter DT spot.  Idk if this is true but it wouldnt suprise me. Its not a matter of being mean, just a matter of finding out who really wants to come to AU.

As for the running back situation, I believe we get one of either Jovon, Brian Kimbrow, or Keith Marshall.  The others like Sanders and Shell are long shots, but with our staff that could change.  Im satisfied with just yeldon, which I believe is our best recruiting win so far, as the turds went into meltdown mode, but I believe we take atleast one more either to be the scat back, or the H-back.

All of this information is copywrighted, and just my opinion.  :wedance:

Really? I thought it was pretty well known that he's been ours for some time now? Can anyone provide a link to this meltdown? I do believe I'll have fun reading it!

We knew he was ours, but you know how bammers are. They figured saban would ride in on an elephant or something and make him become a safety, and he would commit.  But over on BOL i know they were freaking out as one post was "OMG! Yeldon committed to AU"  :laugh::beatmullet:

We knew he was ours, but you know how bammers are. They figured saban would ride in on an elephant or something and make him become a safety, and he would commit.  But over on BOL i know they were freaking out as one post was "OMG! Yeldon committed to AU"  :laugh::beatmullet:

I don't follow Bol BUT i can imagine the conversation ..... Hey baby/cousin as he smiles with one tooth ... I herd auburn gonna get the hammer ... This makes me so happy baby/cousin.  I'm gonna put away my nick saban doll tonight cause he get jealous watchin us be together.  Please don't ever make me choose between you and my saban blow up doll.  Just know I love you sis............. I might get some bad press on this but WAR EAGLE anyway.

I hope so, with Dyer, Mason, Blakely, Quan Bray, and now possibly Corey Grant, we have enough smaller, all-purpose backs. We need JR because we only have Yeldon in the 'bigger back' role, and just for the simple fact this dude's gonna be a STAR  :we:

I hope so, with Dyer, Mason, Blakely, Quan Bray, and now possibly Corey Grant, we have enough smaller, all-purpose backs. We need JR because we only have Yeldon in the 'bigger back' role, and just for the simple fact this dude's gonna be a STAR  :we:

I agree with this, although I hate to think we don't have room for Marshall, Shell, or Kimbrow.  I see Blakely and Mason as the "Cadillacs" of our RBs; Bray, Grant, Reed as the "Percy Harvins", and Michael Dyer as the "Michael Dyers" on our RB roster.  TJ and Jovon will fill out the whole picture just fine!!

His current top five is Auburn, updykes, Miss St, Memphis, & Arkansas.

I haven't heard this as fact, but I wouldn't think the offer is commitable at this point.

I agree with this, although I hate to think we don't have room for Marshall, Shell, or Kimbrow.  I see Blakely and Mason as the "Cadillacs" of our RBs; Bray, Grant, Reed as the "Percy Harvins", and Michael Dyer as the "Michael Dyers" on our RB roster.  TJ and Jovon will fill out the whole picture just fine!!

Where's OMac in all this? I'd think having someone to fill his shoes would help...Keith Marshall would fit perfectly with that. Not sure why we need another big back when we already got Yeldon.

Even though he is not that tall Dyer is our power/ between the tackles back so we do have one there. That said, we do need another complete back like KM or power back like JR.

Where's OMac in all this? I'd think having someone to fill his shoes would help...Keith Marshall would fit perfectly with that. Not sure why we need another big back when we already got Yeldon.

OMac will probably go pro after this season, but Grant is the same kind of back. Marshall is more of a complete back, but we would absolutely take him if he wants to come on board. I just think at this point he's more interested in being the lightening to Isaiah Crowell's thunder, but :dunno:

Seems like they're pretty high on Robinson, which is good. There was a comment in there also that one's opinion was that Marshall was all UGA.

I've heard that Caleb King has academic issues over there at UGA, so that may help them w/ Marshall, should King not get his books in order. (And I apologize in advance for commenting on people's academics).

Seems like they're pretty high on Robinson, which is good. There was a comment in there also that one's opinion was that Marshall was all UGA.

I've heard that Caleb King has academic issues over there at UGA, so that may help them w/ Marshall, should King not get his books in order. (And I apologize in advance for commenting on people's academics).

Uh, Caleb King will be a senior this year, I'm pretty sure...

OMac will probably go pro after this season, but Grant is the same kind of back. Marshall is more of a complete back, but we would absolutely take him if he wants to come on board. I just think at this point he's more interested in being the lightening to Isaiah Crowell's thunder, but :dunno:

I'm a BIG fan of OMac... have been since he signed with Auburn. Everytime he gets the ball and turns up field, I'm screaming "I LOVE OMAC!" But that said, if he were to turn to the NFL after this year, it would be a Stanley McClover / Darvin Adams mistake in leaving early without truly being ready. I love OMac, but in my opinion he just isn't an NFL style back yet. He's still falls over too easily. But that's just my opinion.

I'm a BIG fan of OMac... have been since he signed with Auburn. Everytime he gets the ball and turns up field, I'm screaming "I LOVE OMAC!" But that said, if he were to turn to the NFL after this year, it would be a Stanley McClover / Darvin Adams mistake in leaving early without truly being ready. I love OMac, but in my opinion he just isn't an NFL style back yet. He's still falls over too easily. But that's just my opinion.

I definitely agree that he would be best served to stay on for his senior season, and maybe he has changed his tune while on the Plains (wouldn't be the first), but I remember hearing he is looking to get to the NFL as quickly as possible. :dunno:

Archived