2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Sorry to continue the hijacking of this thread but Omac needs more than just bulk. He needs be be able to run between the tackles. Bulking does help that but he seems to have poor balance to me. Even when he is not hit hard he seems to fall to easy. I will say that when he does run through the tackles it really shows how fast he is because he says hi and bye to the defense really quickly.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATED 5/15/14: Robinson commits to AU!

Boom!!!!!!! And I think that deserves a double boom!!!! Lashlee and Horton putting in work. Way to start the morning. WDE!

@CoachDCraig

After Jovon Robinson’s visit to Auburn in early April, it was essentially a done deal. Only a matter of time.

@JHokanson

JOVON-ROBINSON-RB-WOODDALE-2012_150.JPG

Jovon Robinson, RB

Memphis, TN (Georgia Military College)

5'11 / 225

Offers:

Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Louisville, TCU and Tennessee, among others.

247Sports 5* (No. 1 JUCO)

Rivals 5*

Scout 5*

2013: Led Georgia Military to and undefeated regular season and to the JUCO national championship game as a freshman running back, earning 2013 Spalding NJCAA Offensive Player of the Year honors and was named first-team NJCAA All-America in the process. Robinson broke a pair of NJCAA records in the fall, rushing for 2,387 yards and scoring 34 touchdowns on the ground.

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=7657433

- Recruiters: Tim Horton, Rhett Lashlee

Hugely productive running back because of his combination of size, power, balance and instincts, Robinson is difficult to knock off his feet because of his rock solid build and ability to remain upright and bounce off of would be tacklers. A downhill runner, Robinson isn't ever going to be considered a burner, but with his ability to break through the first line of defense, he breaks more than his share of long runs - Scott Kennedy

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=7657433

Hudl Highlights

Thanks for fleshing out the profile once again, RiR.

Would love to see this kind of RB at Auburn. Maybe it's a lazy comparison, but he reminds me of Ben Tate, only maybe w/ better cuts.

New Rivals article up...says we're in JR's Top 6

And more specifically, that we "hold a high place" on his list, and that he'll be making a decision before his senior season.  WDE! 

@LauraMcKeeman Laura McKeeman

Great chat w/ 4-star RB Jovon Robinson on top 6. #Auburn #Bama #Memphis #Miami #MissSt #Arkansas. I think #AU has edge

Scout.com

@LauraMcKeeman Laura McKeeman

Great chat w/ 4-star RB Jovon Robinson on top 6. #Auburn #Bama #Memphis #Miami #MissSt #Arkansas. I think #AU has edge

Scout.com

Me too!  ;)

Where's OMac in all this? I'd think having someone to fill his shoes would help...Keith Marshall would fit perfectly with that. Not sure why we need another big back when we already got Yeldon.

OMac will probably go pro after this season, but Grant is the same kind of back. Marshall is more of a complete back, but we would absolutely take him if he wants to come on board. I just think at this point he's more interested in being the lightening to Isaiah Crowell's thunder, but :dunno:

I'm a BIG fan of OMac... have been since he signed with Auburn. Everytime he gets the ball and turns up field, I'm screaming "I LOVE OMAC!" But that said, if he were to turn to the NFL after this year, it would be a Stanley McClover / Darvin Adams mistake in leaving early without truly being ready. I love OMac, but in my opinion he just isn't an NFL style back yet. He's still falls over too easily. But that's just my opinion.

I definitely agree that he would be best served to stay on for his senior season, and maybe he has changed his tune while on the Plains (wouldn't be the first), but I remember hearing he is looking to get to the NFL as quickly as possible. :dunno:

A quickly as possible for him would have been coming out in the '11 draft. He's 3 years removed from HS now.

If I'm not mistaken since prep school doesn't count against eligibility it also does not count towards your years removed either.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

If I'm not mistaken since prep school doesn't count against eligibility it also does not count towards your years removed either.. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe this is correct, because I think prep school is still considered high school.

Prep school does count.  It's 3 years out of high school, no matter how you spend them.  It's why Ronnie Daniels could have left for the NFL draft after 1 year at AU, but he chose to return.

Sorry to continue the hijacking of this thread but Omac needs more than just bulk. He needs be be able to run between the tackles. Bulking does help that but he seems to have poor balance to me. Even when he is not hit hard he seems to fall to easy. I will say that when he does run through the tackles it really shows how fast he is because he says hi and bye to the defense really quickly.

I don't think that the problem was his balance, I just think that he was uncomfortable in traffic or taking a clean hit last year. I think he started to get over that at the end ofthe season. Hopefully he will continue to improve that aspect of his game.

I don't think that the problem was his balance, I just think that he was uncomfortable in traffic or taking a clean hit last year. I think he started to get over that at the end ofthe season. Hopefully he will continue to improve that aspect of his game.

I did notice OMac start to be willing to take a hit late in the year.  Like Fannin he tends to run out of bounds rather than pushing for a few more yards.  OMac is like our Percy Harvin, he just needs to get more receptions out of the backfield.  His position in the NFL would likely be a slot WR.  JMO.

just watched this guy's film and all I can say is WOW. His film murdered Kimbrow's IMO...

+1 I think Jovon Robinson's film is as impressive as any other RB that I've seen so far this year

Is Jovon being recruited as Eric Smith's replacement?

No... pure POWER RB! He would be the PERFECT compliment to Dyer, Blakely, and Yeldon, IMO! We would have the ULTIMATE backfield then!  :wedance:

Archived