2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Where's OMac in all this? I'd think having someone to fill his shoes would help...Keith Marshall would fit perfectly with that. Not sure why we need another big back when we already got Yeldon.

OMac will probably go pro after this season, but Grant is the same kind of back. Marshall is more of a complete back, but we would absolutely take him if he wants to come on board. I just think at this point he's more interested in being the lightening to Isaiah Crowell's thunder, but :dunno:

I'm a BIG fan of OMac... have been since he signed with Auburn. Everytime he gets the ball and turns up field, I'm screaming "I LOVE OMAC!" But that said, if he were to turn to the NFL after this year, it would be a Stanley McClover / Darvin Adams mistake in leaving early without truly being ready. I love OMac, but in my opinion he just isn't an NFL style back yet. He's still falls over too easily. But that's just my opinion.

Agreed. I'm a huge fan of Omac but he seems to lean forward too much and is easily tripped up.

Now, I will quit playing RB coach.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Omac is way too small for the NFL, no matter what position. He's gonna have to beef it up if he wants the big money. That's JMO.

I think Omac is way too small for the NFL, no matter what position. He's gonna have to beef it up if he wants the big money. That's JMO.

He's been getting bigger, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he gets up to 190 by the beginning of the 2012 season, whether it's at AU or in the NFL...and he can play in the League at that size with his speed. Still, it'll be better for him if he sticks around, so hopefully he has reconsidered, but :dunno:

I dont think he has done enough to be drafted as a RB...Maybe a KR or something of that nature...I think Gus should let OMAC try and run in between the tackles this year to help his draft stock...All of his carries seem to be only on the jet sweeps....

He's been getting bigger, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he gets up to 190 by the beginning of the 2012 season, whether it's at AU or in the NFL...and he can play in the League at that size with his speed. Still, it'll be better for him if he sticks around, so hopefully he has reconsidered, but :dunno:

I agree with the other guy. Im not sold on OMac's NFL prospects. Its not just his slight frame, but he is a straight line runner, not a make you miss type of guy... and they dont run option pitches and speed sweeps in the NFL. You can count on one hand the carries he has taken up the middle in his career. If he can put on some weight he could have a shot, but some people just dont have the frame to hold alot of weight. I'm the same way, I once worked out heavily 4-5 times a week and ate like crazy for 6 months but could only gain about 5-6 lbs.... its just the way I am built.

BTW Im not trying to bash OMac its JMO. I LOOOVE having him on our team, he has and will continue to win us games...

I will believe O mac is getting bigger when I see it.  I feel this talk was going on last off season and he definitely didn't look any bigger.  It'd be great if he could gain weight, but he is what he is.  Which he is a great fit for our offense.

I'd love for us to land Robinson, but if we have to choose between Robinson and Kimbrow, I'd choose Kimbrow as I feel he is a better complement to Blakely/Mason/Yeldon

I will believe O mac is getting bigger when I see it.  I feel this talk was going on last off season and he definitely didn't look any bigger.  It'd be great if he could gain weight, but he is what he is.  Which he is a great fit for our offense.

I'd love for us to land Robinson, but if we have to choose between Robinson and Kimbrow, I'd choose Kimbrow as I feel he is a better complement to Blakely/Mason/Yeldon

Pretty sure he did gain 5-10 lbs last year...

In response to the question of Kimbrow or Robinson, I'd rather have Robinson for the simple fact that I believe that we have 2 players capable of duplicating if not exceeding the amount of success that OMAC has in TReed and Quan Bray. That's not a slight on OMAC at all, it's just that both of those players have the same game breaking speed and elusiveness and were slightly higher rated prospects. I think that this recruiting year we should focus on some bigger backs like Yeldon, Shell, or Robinson instead of a Kimbrow, or Sanders Jr. That being said I'd be pleased with us getting any of the recruits listed above. Recruiting season is going to be extremely interesting this year, especially with the hard cap on signing at 25. Can't wait til Utah State.

In response to the question of Kimbrow or Robinson, I'd rather have Robinson for the simple fact that I believe that we have 2 players capable of duplicating if not exceeding the amount of success that OMAC has in TReed and Quan Bray. That's not a slight on OMAC at all, it's just that both of those players have the same game breaking speed and elusiveness and were slightly higher rated prospects. I think that this recruiting year we should focus on some bigger backs like Yeldon, Shell, or Robinson instead of a Kimbrow, or Sanders Jr. That being said I'd be pleased with us getting any of the recruits listed above. Recruiting season is going to be extremely interesting this year, especially with the hard cap on signing at 25. Can't wait til Utah State.

omac was a 6.0 4 star coming out of prep school when he signed for auburn. he was a very highly rated prospect

omac was a 6.0 4 star coming out of prep school when he signed for auburn. he was a very highly rated prospect

But he was a 5.8 4 star coming out of high school when he signed with Auburn the first time around.

And guys, I think some of you are underestimating how good a runner OMac actually is. His main weapon is speed, but it's not like that's his only weapon.

I want J Robinson ...IMO he is the best back along with Shell..We already have Yeldon,So i would go full head steam after Robinson and Shell and take the one that commits first..I just think that Robinson is going to be a very special RB....Can you say.... Ronnie Brown part 2???  :party:

Love OMac.  When we line him up in the backfield, he runs every play we have.  Like a Warrick Dunn that way.

I do think he's been limited by his role, so that he probably hasn't gained the passing game skills, including blocking, he'll need in the NFL.  But he wouldn't be the smallest back to find a place.

I could see omac play ST or covert to secondary in the NFL.  J Robinson would my pick over BK at this point!

I could see omac play ST or covert to secondary in the NFL.  J Robinson would my pick over BK at this point!

Why cant we have both??? They are 2 totaly diff Backs.... Robinson would prob be used like E.Smith was, and Kimbro is like O-Mac

We really only have one more spot  Already have TJ & MB (unless mike get approved to play this year)

We really only have one more spot  Already have TJ & MB (unless mike get approved to play this year)

Even if MB is approved for play this year, I don't know how likely it would be that he will due to the shoulder surgery...I personally hope he's able to let if FULLY heal...however long it takes

But he wouldn't be the smallest back to find a place.

It's not that he wouldn't be the smallest back, but he's just not ready in terms of his body.  He'll hopefully be up to maybe 180 this year, and that's pushing it.  He'll need to be at least 185 to last in the NFL.  He doesn't really have the protypical, short/stocky body type that lots of successful running backs have.  He's long and lanky and he'll need every lb he can put on if he wants to play in the NFL.  I'm not saying he won't be able to do it by any means, but he has a ways to go.

I'm not sure that you can find a successful NFL RB right now under 195 lbs.  He may be able to play in a Percy Harvin type role, but he still needs to add a good bit of bulk.  He'd break in half going over the middle out of the slot and getting hit by an NFL LB right now.

Why cant we have both??? They are 2 totaly diff Backs.... Robinson would prob be used like E.Smith was, and Kimbro is like O-Mac

Also in 2012 KF will be our starting QB who will probably rush for 800 - 1000 yards as a dual threat QB.  So that gives us Mike D, Mike B, Tre M, Tj Yeldon plus maybe one more. So no way I think we could take both.

It's not that he wouldn't be the smallest back, but he's just not ready in terms of his body.  He'll hopefully be up to maybe 180 this year, and that's pushing it.  He'll need to be at least 185 to last in the NFL.  He doesn't really have the protypical, short/stocky body type that lots of successful running backs have.  He's long and lanky and he'll need every lb he can put on if he wants to play in the NFL.  I'm not saying he won't be able to do it by any means, but he has a ways to go.

I'm not sure that you can find a successful NFL RB right now under 195 lbs.  He may be able to play in a Percy Harvin type role, but he still needs to add a good bit of bulk.  He'd break in half going over the middle out of the slot and getting hit by an NFL LB right now.

Dexter McCluster says hey.

Dexter McCluster says hey.

I love Omac but he does not have Dexter's surprising upper body strength for their size.

I'll give you McCluster, but he's so much more compact than omac.  I want omac to make it to the NFL as much as anyone else does.  That kid deserves it with what he's gone through in his life.  I just think someone with his long body type really needs to bulk up and it might be hard for someone with that body type.

Archived