2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bird, could you post a new video?  That second song kept cutting out on me.  You must have had a bad WiFi signal when you posted.

Dude's cut back/change of direction is devastating! Great balance and footwork, good initial burst for a back his size. I'm sold, sign him up!!!!

JR is a looks like a big power RB but runs like a smaller agile/quick RB, dangerous combination. Thanks for the vid Bird!

WOW that might be one of the most impressive highlight videos ive ever seen. I don't know if Ive ever seen a highlight tape get better as it goes on.

I am with Naughty on this one. It looks to me as tho Jovon never gets tackled (and he doesn't need much blocking either).

This kid is the real deal.  I don't care where he is ranked, he is one hell of a back.  He reminds me a lot of Marcus Lattimore.  Great downhill runner with AWESOME cutback ability for a guy that size.  The cutback is to the running back what the crossover is to the basketball player.  In basketball, it gets the player past a defender and to the hole, and the cutback turns a 4 yard gain into 6 points.  If we can get this kid, we would be set a RB for the foreseeable future.  Dyer, Mason, Blakely, Yeldon, and Robinson?  We are going to make some big plays off play action!

I have heard two different stories on him: 1. He should qualify 2. He has grade problems and will struggle to qualify. Which one is it?  :dunno:

:we:

I have heard two different stories on him: 1. He should qualify 2. He has grade problems and will struggle to qualify. Which one is it?  :dunno:

That's some internet gobbledygoop started by some folks in Memphis. His grades are fine and he should have no problem qualifying if he takes care of business. BTW, speaking of Memphis... I honestly believe that they MAY be our biggest competition for JR, if you can believe it!  :o

That's some internet gobbledygoop started by some folks in Memphis. His grades are fine and he should have no problem qualifying if he takes care of business. BTW, speaking of Memphis... I honestly believe that they MAY be our biggest competition for JR, if you can believe it!

Good to hear about the grades. Thanks for the info.

Dj I read on a tenn message board that hes gonna make a decision soon... Truth to that?

Yes. More to come about him later.

Sorry to continue the hijacking of this thread but Omac needs more than just bulk. He needs be be able to run between the tackles. Bulking does help that but he seems to have poor balance to me. Even when he is not hit hard he seems to fall to easy. I will say that when he does run through the tackles it really shows how fast he is because he says hi and bye to the defense really quickly.

I don't think that the problem was his balance, I just think that he was uncomfortable in traffic or taking a clean hit last year. I think he started to get over that at the end ofthe season. Hopefully he will continue to improve that aspect of his game.

I did notice OMac start to be willing to take a hit late in the year.  Like Fannin he tends to run out of bounds rather than pushing for a few more yards.   OMac is like our Percy Harvin, he just needs to get more receptions out of the backfield.  His position in the NFL would likely be a slot WR.  JMO.

It was a Bo pep talk that spurred his willingness to take a hit...

didn't think about the palmer reference. thats pretty funny. seriously, i know david palmer was a bammer but i've never seen anybody make plays in open space like he did in high school. the way this kid sees the field and his cut back is crazy. He actually looks like derek rose playing football.

Wasn't Memphis a Bama stronghold for a long time. Who is our lead recruiter for Robinson? What are our chances?

Usually hard for me to get really excited from watching a "high light film" of a high school player...

Kinda like seeing a lady who is attractive with her makeup on.... but you may be surprised when it is removed...

Anyway... this kid looks like he really has the goods... just moved to #1 on my list...

And the David Palmer comparison is a good one...

Wasn't Memphis a Bama stronghold for a long time. Who is our lead recruiter for Robinson? What are our chances?

Yes, until they got caught buying Albert Means from up there.

David Palmer was a 5'9ish slot receiver and returner, so it is sort of a strange comparison.  He did play QB a little at Bama as well, and is frankly one of the most exciting players I have ever watched.

I want this guy as much as I do Marshall.

I don't think that we will land both. Probably one or the other, but with recruiting you never know sometimes. I would be happy with either KM or JR. That would be my top 2 RB's left on the board.

Archived