2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Bo was no 5* and was largely thought of as a LB. The top back in the state that year was Allen Evans?

Great example of them not being able rate how much heart and mental toughness an athlete has. Bo had it, Alan didn't.

Allen Evans recently solidified his spot as irrelevant in Auburn football history.

Now that's funny!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bo was no 5* and was largely thought of as a LB. The top back in the state that year was Allen Evans?

Great example of them not being able rate how much heart and mental toughness an athlete has. Bo had it, Alan didn't.

Allen Evans recently solidified his spot as irrelevant in Auburn football history.

Mr. Irrelevant he is!!

Who?

Evans played behind Bo...whoever is your favorite Auburn player if it isn't Bo would have been irrelevant too. I'm sure Evans had talent.

Evans played behind Bo...whoever is your favorite Auburn player if it isn't Bo would have been irrelevant too. I'm sure Evans had talent.

Evans had talent but not the work ethic. He transferred to Chattanooga (I think that's where he went) and never cracked the starting lineup at his smaller school either.

AE never had an AUburn career and eventually ended up at a small school. I don't understand why anyone would expect that he would have any affinity for AU. He is just one of hundreds of guys over the years who signed with Auburn and saw their dreams crash when they failed to achieve their football goals....and maybe blamed AU for their failure. It's not surprising that many (maybe most) would perhaps have some negative feelings about AU...the HBO guys come to mind.

JMO but we ought to get off the guy's back....he owed nothing to AU. Gus and his staff are big boys and long ago learned to just move on when a recruit misled them and went elsewhere. ...perhaps some AU fans should be able to do the same.

Jovon is one heck of a RB! Is he playing this year for his JUCO team? I was curious if he would redshirt because he already has his spot earned at a DIV 1 school and might want to save the risk of getting hurt. Especially since he seems to be a 1 and done kid anyway and having 1 great year at AU will look much better than another great year in JUCO

AE never had an AUburn career and eventually ended up at a small school. I don't understand why anyone would expect that he would have any affinity for AU. He is just one of hundreds of guys over the years who signed with Auburn and saw their dreams crash when they failed to achieve their football goals....and maybe blamed AU for their failure. It's not surprising that many (maybe most) would perhaps have some negative feelings about AU...the HBO guys come to mind.

JMO but we ought to get off the guy's back....he owed nothing to AU. Gus and his staff are big boys and long ago learned to just move on when a recruit misled them and went elsewhere. ...perhaps some AU fans should be able to do the same.

64, I think by far the majority of us are way past worrying about the Evans. I am happy to celebrate our great team; our great seasons; and our great past players like Bo, Cam, and Pat. We have a lot to look forward to.

Jovon is one heck of a RB! Is he playing this year for his JUCO team? I was curious if he would redshirt because he already has his spot earned at a DIV 1 school and might want to save the risk of getting hurt. Especially since he seems to be a 1 and done kid anyway and having 1 great year at AU will look much better than another great year in JUCO

He will be playing football this season in JUCO. He is on scholly. He would not be at the school if he was not playing football for them.

Why would they even let him attend the school if he wasn't going to be playing this season and then leave? Not being a smart a$$, but of course he's playing this year. Potential injury is a risk everyone has to take. WDE.

Jovon is going to set records this year in JUCO. I think GMC actually has some OL talent this year as well.

It would be fun to watch him play. I wonder what they charge for JUCO games.

Jovon is going to set records this year in JUCO. I think GMC actually has some OL talent this year as well.

Great idea! They're in Fairburn, right?

Great idea! They're in Fairburn, right?

I honestly have no idea where they are.

Why would they even let him attend the school if he wasn't going to be playing this season and then leave? Not being a smart a$$, but of course he's playing this year. Potential injury is a risk everyone has to take. WDE.

Honestly I was only looking at it from Jovon's perspective. But if your looking for a reason the school would allow it is because they want Div 1 schools to steer prospects to them and it would be could be in the div 1 school's interest to have a player redshirt to keep him healthy for the next stage if their career.

Really didn't think it was that out there of a question....

Honestly I was only looking at it from Jovon's perspective. But if your looking for a reason the school would allow it is because they want Div 1 schools to steer prospects to them and it would be could be in the div 1 school's interest to have a player redshirt to keep him healthy for the next stage if their career.

Believe me, if it was up to me, he'd sit. I'm all about whatever it takes to avoid injury.

They wouldn't sit them but often times JuCo coaches who wish to remain in the good graces of big college coaches do some specific things. The biggest one I've heard is they will pretty much isolate a recruit from being contacted by other colleges or tell coaches who are coming around that certain guys are untouchable. (Because another school has already staked their claim)

Barring injury, juco players always play their second and last year, especially when their the best RB in the nation. Juco coaches have to win and make a living too. They are not going to sit their best players unless it was a pre aranged agreement with the school the kid signed out of HS to sit him in year 1 of juco. You will never see a juco kid sit in year 2 barring injury.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know how his visit went?

According to Niebuhr, the staff felt great about his visit. Check out the latest free podcast if you have time. I noticed bammer offered Tristian Houston last week. He is a 2015, 3* running back currently committed to Texas. Given that Bammer only wants one more runningback, I am guessing bama doesnt have much confidence in flipping Jovon or landing Natrez Patrick.

Archived