2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

Every player had there eyes on the run and quick routes. Their corners were making plays right behind our tackles. They were crashing every chance they got. It ended up being their undoing. We should have been able to capitalize on it more.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every player had there eyes on the run and quick routes. Their corners were making plays right behind our tackles. They were crashing every chance they got. It ended up being their undoing. We should have been able to capitalize on it more.

THIS

I do think that we tried to though. If not for the big drops and Sammie not laying out (could have been hurt but I feel the blame is not soley on Marshall on that one) then I believeK state would have been more hesitant to have 9 men in the box.

Kerryon and Jovon may both see PT next year, and maybe even at the same time. Word is that Kerryon is good enough to see PT at multiple positions including slot receiver.

We needed jovon Thursday night

Would not have mattered. Jovon would not have done much either given K State was stacking the box with 9 guys.

It looked like they were not putting in extra guys just playing well straight up.

They were. Don't pay attention to what Palmer and Pollack say.

Kerryon and Jovon may both see PT next year, and maybe even at the same time. Word is that Kerryon is good enough to see PT at multiple positions including slot receiver.

Well word is correct then. :)

Gus admitted to being too stubborn in his play calling, and most articles I've read interpret that to mean sticking with runs on first down despite a loaded box. That being said, I don't think any back established a physical presence, despite what the announcers said. I hope we can use La Tech to see Peyton Barber, and determine whether Thomas has freshman fumble problems.

I can't wait to see Jovon in O&B. War Eagle.

This. He would make a great receiver.

• 4 weeks later...

With Roc and Barber returning, Pettway done with his redshirt year and Kerryon coming in, Jovon will have to hit the practice field at full speed or he'll be riding the pine. Any Auburn RB trying to half-step through it won't see the field next year.

Gus admitted to being too stubborn in his play calling, and most articles I've read interpret that to mean sticking with runs on first down despite a loaded box. That being said, I don't think any back established a physical presence, despite what the announcers said. I hope we can use La Tech to see Peyton Barber, and determine whether Thomas has freshman fumble problems.

I can't wait to see Jovon in O&B. War Eagle.

When did Gus admit to the being too stubborn stuff?

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo I guess we paid for the car? Must have since some folks here claimed Updyke had due to the paint scheme. Conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy!!!! :)

Soooo I guess we paid for the car? Must have since some folks here claimed Updyke had due to the paint scheme. Conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy!!!! :)

Jovon has plenty of money from his dad's unlawful death suit against the state of Tennessee. He can afford whatever paint job he wants, assuming his mom will co-sign the withdrawal check.

Is that a Bible on the dashboard? If so, I'm loving that even more.

Soooo I guess we paid for the car? Must have since some folks here claimed Updyke had due to the paint scheme. Conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy!!!! :)/>

Jovon has plenty of money from his dad's unlawful death suit against the state of Tennessee. He can afford whatever paint job he wants, assuming his mom will co-sign the withdrawal check.

Ha, yeah I wasn't actually suggesting anyone other than Jovon paid for the paint job. Just remembering back to when it was the "other" color and how some here said he must be on the Updyke payroll.

Is this really him? I knew he was never in to that kind of stuff as far as social media. Just wondering...

The account is followed by many AU coaches and players so it's likely real.

Soooo I guess we paid for the car? Must have since some folks here claimed Updyke had due to the paint scheme. Conspiracy conspiracy conspiracy!!!! :)/>

Ha, yeah I wasn't actually suggesting anyone other than Jovon paid for the paint job. Just remembering back to when it was the "other" color and how some here said he must be on the Updyke payroll.

Yup. It's pretty embarrassing how the photos of bama players standing next to cars (without any actual evidence that the cars are even theirs) get circulated around Auburn circles, even when our team is in the thick of a title hunt.

• 2 weeks later...

He has gained some weight and his offensive line isn't very good. Hopefully when he comes to Auburn he will lose some weight and get motivated to play again so that he will be able to compete with Roc Thomas for a significant role in the offense.

Archived