2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

He has gained some weight and his offensive line isn't very good. Hopefully when he comes to Auburn he will lose some weight and get motivated to play again so that he will be able to compete with Roc Thomas for a significant role in the offense.

On point.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JLeeAU21 · 2 hours ago

5-star JUCO RB Jovon Robinson, the No. 1 overall JUCO prospect, is visiting AU Saturday, moving to AU in mid-Dec. in time for bowl practices

Would he be allowed to participate in those? I wouldn't think so, but I've been wrong before

@JLeeAU21 · 2 hours ago

5-star JUCO RB Jovon Robinson, the No. 1 overall JUCO prospect, is visiting AU Saturday, moving to AU in mid-Dec. in time for bowl practices

Would he be allowed to participate in those? I wouldn't think so, but I've been wrong before

Yes. That's why JLee mentioned bowl practices. Incoming juco and high school kids can participate in on campus bowl practices if they have officially graduated from their school.

By practicing in January, spring training, and the normal conditioning sessions, Jovon should easily get rid of the unwanted weight.

Jovon & Roc together...wow...

Don't forget Peyton Barber (if he stays). He's more powerful than than Roc & just as fast. Just not as hyped.

Don't forget Peyton Barber (if he stays). He's more powerful than than Roc & just as fast. Just not as hyped.

Also not as good as Roc. If he were he'd be playing instead of Roc.

Huh, guess the coaches must not be aware of this information. Doubt they give in to hype.

Huh, guess the coaches must not be aware of this information. Doubt they give in to hype.

According to players on the team who go against him in practice, he is just as good. Has a bit of an attitude problem at times because he is not getting the reps he feels he should get.

According to players on the team who go against him in practice, he is just as good. Has a bit of an attitude problem at times because he is not getting the reps he feels he should get.

I have met and talked to Peyton and his family for a while. He was nothing but polite and humbled by the opportunity, even after his injury on A Day, I have a hard time believing he has an "attitude problem". TIFWIW

If he DIDN'T have a problem with how many snaps he's been getting then it would be an issue. It's good that he's a little miffed. Hopefully he just isn't the same type of guy that Mike Blakely is, and just bolts at every sign of adversity/drama.

I have met and talked to Peyton and his family for a while. He was nothing but polite and humbled by the opportunity, even after his injury on A Day, I have a hard time believing he has an "attitude problem". TIFWIW

After the first few games Gus & Rhette both kept saying they WERE going to get Roc & Peyton more carries. Peyton sat on the bench and didn't get in a game until very late in perhaps the LA Tech game & he got 1 carry I think. He then sat until this past week & got 1 carry vs. Samford. That's where the rub came in. If Gus & Rhette had never said he was going to get more carries I think everything would be ok. And from all reports he is a great kid. But he flipped from Ole Miss at the last minute & had he stayed he would be the starter. I guess he & family are just wondering "what if".

There's no guarantee that he'd be a starter there. And how would anybody know about his attitude unless you all know him personally and that's still not something I'd imagine he'd tell to just anybody

Justin Hokanson @JHokanson 22m22 minutes ago

Jovon Robinson has passed his JUCO classes. I spoke with Robinson today: ‘I’ve been anticipating this for two years’

Excited to hear this. I know he has not had the season most expected this year, however, we know what he did his freshman year. I would expect our strength and conditioning program to get rid of any bad weight he added and that he will be a force for us.

Glad we have an insider :big: Keep up the good work AUEngineer2016 ! WDE and good luck with finals!

By practicing in January with the team starting in December, spring training, and the normal conditioning sessions, Jovon should easily get rid of the unwanted weight.

FIFY

By practicing in January with the team starting in December, spring training, and the normal conditioning sessions, Jovon should easily get rid of the unwanted weight.

FIFY

thanks, E!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived