2015 5* JUCO RB Jovon Robinson commits to AU!

McWeagle

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

It has been a while since I watched any video on him. I know highlight videos are made to make you look good, but here is an article from SDS regarding Robinson. Man he is a beast!

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/video-nations-1-juco-prospect-bringing-incredible-skills-auburn/

His video looks a step above what Duke had coming in talent wise....we all see how that worked out...I imagine if he was draft eligible he would be taken in the first 4 or so rounds. A good year at AU and he could easily be a top 2 round pick

His video looks a step above what Duke had coming in talent wise....we all see how that worked out...I imagine if he was draft eligible he would be taken in the first 4 or so rounds. A good year at AU and he could easily be a top 2 round pick

He's draft eligible. The pros apparently aren't as smitten with him as are we Auburn fans.

If he wanted to hit the league after JUCO, he would've kept the weight off. We need him and he needs us.

He's draft eligible. The pros apparently aren't as smitten with him as are we Auburn fans.

He has to lose some weight. Way too heavy.

I hate to disagree with of those in the know, but ... With him maintaining his speed with the new weight then why would they need him to loose any weight? It would be different if he had lost a step, but he obviously has been able to maintain his quickness and speed while adding the weight. Seems like this is ideal. Also seems like you guys are always splitting hairs. Oh this guy is gonna put on 30 lbs in a college weight program and be a stud. Then when he does you bash him for it. Bottom line. Robinson is going to be a great back for AU

I hate to disagree with of those in the know, but ... With him maintaining his speed with the new weight then why would they need him to loose any weight? It would be different if he had lost a step, but he obviously has been able to maintain his quickness and speed while adding the weight. Seems like this is ideal. Also seems like you guys are always splitting hairs. Oh this guy is gonna put on 30 lbs in a college weight program and be a stud. Then when he does you bash him for it. Bottom line. Robinson is going to be a great back for AU

It doesn't much work like that. Sure, he gained weight but didn't lose any speed. However, that's in a straight line. Rest assured, he doesn't have the stamina he would without it. Also, more weight makes him more prone to injury when he tries to make a cut. Running backs have an ideal weight range that they play in depending on their frame. If the coaches feel like he's exceeded his, I'd believe them.

He has to lose some weight. Way too heavy.

This has to be a priority for Coach Russell. He just needs motivation.

I hate to disagree with of those in the know, but ... With him maintaining his speed with the new weight then why would they need him to loose any weight? It would be different if he had lost a step.

He did lose a step this season as he bulked up which is why WDE said he needs to lose weight, about 15 pounds to be exact.

• 3 weeks later...

bump... I felt bad for Jovon. This thread was started 3.5 years ago and he only has 213 pages while this new kid is almost at the same number and he is still in high school

Archived