Back from Auburn, lucky to have a voice

TitanTiger

My dad managed to get two tickets a day or so before the game and I was there for the butt-kicking! We were in the north end zone, 26 rows up, almost directly in front of the "A" in the endzone.

Man, was that place rocking! We didn't sit down except for time outs and halftime. I yelled so hard and loud one time I got a headache and was a little woozy. I thought the crowd did an excellent job of keeping the guys jacked up and making things difficult for Georgia. I was shocked a couple of times when I thought the crowd was so loud, but Greene would try to audible and suddenly the noise level would hit another gear. Deafening. Awesome.

Anyway, I had a great time. I hadn't made it down there for a game this season until this one so I'm very happy about that. I think we showed everyone that we're the real deal.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!

WoooooHooooo!!!

Just got my voice back today. :D

WHAT A GAME!!! :au::au::au:

This was my first time to see the effects from paper shakers...

AUSOME!!!

O' YEA IT"S GREAT TO BE...

PS Jenny...I will put a shaker in the mail for you, well used but pretty good shape!

A couple of other cool things:

* Junior Rosegreen ran down to our endzone after the game and was directly in front of us. He threw his gloves and jersey(!) into the stands. Only time I wished I was on row four.

* There is a big difference in how UGA and AU fans interact versus our interaction with LSU and Old Piss fans. There are always exceptions, but there seems to be much more mutual respect between UGA and AU. I mean, the two bands performed together at halftime. When UGAs band march off first, they got a round of applause from the Auburn crowd. Their fans stay quiet during our alma mater (yeah, I'm looking at you Rebel rednecks). When Reggie Brown was down, almost every person in the stands (AU and UGA) had eyes closed or head bowed praying for him. When the Georgia crowd started chanting "Reggie! Reggie!", the Auburn folks all joined in. It's just different.

I was one of the many AU folks saying a prayer for Reggie. (That was frightening!)

One of the greatest displays of class I have witnessed was the AU folks chanting WITH the uga folks..."Reggie...Reggie!"

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

Titan, were you on the side of the field where Pope scored? Could you tell if he in fact put the ball over the line? I still haven't seen a picture of him actually scoring. Not that it matters at this point but...

I thought it was bogus. It looked like he was down before he got the ball forward to hit the pylon. Ticked me off. But from what I hear, they didn't have a goal line shot, only one from behind.

The "td" play happened almost directly in front of me. He DID hit the pylon w/ the ball, BUT, his knee was already down at that point. Anyway, who cares? WE WON B I G ! ! !

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

Archived