A message to all AU Tailgaters

Streyeder

CLEAN UP YOUR SPOT!!!

Walking around campus today, after a full day of cleanup, and there is still trash EVERYWHERE! You can't just blame the UGA people, ALL of the major AU tailgating spots were absolutly COVERED with trash yesterday. Even the planters are full of beer cans and other crap.

Have some pride in your campus for crying out loud! Everyone brags on how beautiful it is and yet ya'll trash it every home weekend! C'mon people! We (students) have to walk through that broken glass on Monday!

Not even LSU was as trashed as AU was this weekend. It really is sad so many people can't pick up after themselves.

:thumbsdown:

I totally agree Strey. One of the problems was that there were waaaaayyy more people on campus than those going to the game. That's the most I've ever seen on campus for any game, period. It was ridiculous. No excuse for trashing the campus.

I have to vent about something else while we're at it. We enter the stadium on the press box side and it's always a log jam where we come up Donahue and round a fence to go in our gate. I've never seen so many people trying to get in the gate. It came very close to turning ugly and someone getting seriously hurt, or worse. One older lady next to me started crying because she was being literally crushed by the mass of people. We tried to get folks off her and give her some breathing room but got little cooperation.

There was one UGA fan that had turned the corner and was on the walkway above the people on the street. He was cussing and baiting the fans below him and begging them to "Come get some". One guy had enough and reached up when he got too close and grabbed the UGA fan by the collar. The UGA fan reached down and popped him upside the cookie. The problem was not just the altercation, but that the "Security" stood right there and watched the whole thing and never once took a step toward it. I went up to the security folks when I got there and told them they needed to get off that a$$ and do something about the whole mess. They never even acknowledged my presence. I guess it'll take someone getting killed before they realize they need to exercise a little crowd control.

Fer sure...we don't want to be thought of as a bunch of trailer trash...use the garbage cans for gosh sakes!!! :au:

I'm with both of you...campus was horribly trashed today as I was going to classes this morning. We always talk about how special of a place Auburn is to us, yet nobody takes the time to clean up their spots and makes it look awful.

I didn't see any fights or anything, but security is a joke. You could walk in with an M-16 through the student gate and they wouldn't check you. They simply ask if you have anything in your pockets and you can say no even if there is a bulge there and they won't ask to see it. Happened every week of this season.

Yeah guys, I want to echo what the other guys have said so far. I have been an Auburn fan my entire life but what I saw this morning was embarassing as I was going to class. It started out at the IM fields and just got worse as I got close to campus. The folks cleaning this mess up should get a big bonus this week for what they had to cleanup. Not to mention what it looked like Saturday morning around the gameday area when everyone dispersed. Just take a few extra minutes to clean up a bit. War Eagle and Beat Bama!!!

Something that I found interesting Saturday was the large amount of trash present on the ground (bricks) when we were walking from our "new" tailgating spot to JH via the Haley Center concourse. I thought that one (one of many) of the reasons that people weren't allowed to tailgate there anymore was because of the trash they left behind.

Seeing what I saw walking to JH Saturday, it doesn't matter if it's just people walking by, the ones hanging out and eating the 'provided' barbeque or the ones tailgating there, some people just aren't going to pick up after themselves. I guess they just weren't raised right. People should have more respect than that.

Why not have current students volunteer to help clean up. Then give out certificates or some sort of campus recognition to the hardest workers. You guys could get that program started? It would bring volunteering to the forefront along with publicity about the problem. And then when you run for political office later in life, you can point ot this as one wa you got people to work together.

LEMONS.........LEMONADE

And the "tailgating crowd" whines and complains about restrictions to their favorite sport (football is secondary). I don't blame the AU administration at all for restricting more of the campus. Maybe there should be a clean up fee assessed for each tailgating spot so there were funds to clean up the mess.

Why not have current students volunteer to help clean up. Then give out certificates or some sort of campus recognition to the hardest workers. You guys could get that program started? It would bring volunteering to the forefront along with publicity about the problem. And then when you run for political office later in life, you can point ot this as one wa you got people to work together.

LEMONS.........LEMONADE

121945[/snapback]

I agree the trash was horrible. Why doesn't Auburn do what LSU does after a game. The prisoners come and clean the campus. That way they do a community service and don't just sit around, the campus gets clean and it doesn't cost anything more. I am an AU fan but my son goes to LSU and we are amazed at how clean the campus is the day after the game. The prisoners start early in the morning. Plus there are tons of trash cans all over the campus. Just a thought! War Eagle!

Archived