Bama to leave SEC?

88Tiger

OK OK I know most rational Bama fans aren't like this (if there are any... :poke: ) but I was emailed this from a friend of mine who saw it on a Bama board...LOL

Will BAMA ever get fair treatment in this conference?

How many of you think so? Also, I get the feeling that BAMA is not wanted in this conference. Why are we here? Is it for the money? Why would you want to be somewhere that you were not wanted? We should have went to the ACC with Miami and Va Tech.

Don't you hate it when they just don't get their way anymore? They're even talking about moving to the Big East! LOL!!!!!

:rollin::rollin::rollin:

I want my way! Waaa Waaa

That has to be the most pathetic text I have ever seen a bammer come up with. I would be embarrased to have him as a fan of my team.

This crap came up last year. All the turds said if UA were to leave the SEC, it will just completely fall apart, because they are the glue that is holding it together. More of their self-righteous dribble. I, for one, wouldn't care if they left. The Big East is a good fit for them. Or CUSA. They might even get another conference championship with one of those two conferences. That would give them how many............328?

This would be WAY too funny were it not for the fact that there were other of his uat bretheren that actually took the time to repond. :blink: (and agree! ! !)

Just another sign of the times concerning football, or the lack of football, at the smaller school in west al. :lol:

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

THEY WON'T GO TO CUSA BECAUSE THEY WOULD HAVE TO PLAY UAB!!!!!!!!!! they really should look at the SUNBELT.....THOSE FOOLS ARE PITIFUL.....I ALMOST WOULD FEEL SORRY FOR THEIR MISERABLE ASSES,EXCEPT FOR THE FACT THAT THEY ARE BAMMERBOOBS.....damn, these cap locks keys are messing with me today

I imagine most of that knee-jerk crap comes from fans who never attended the university. To even suggest leaving a conference because of the old conspiracy theory or because we don't feel the love is ridiculous. Bad calls happen to every team and it's not because of any conspiracy. Ask Va. Tech. Ask Florida. Would their entire seasons be different had they not been hosed at one point in certain games. Maybe, who knows for sure?

This is not a flame at Bama fans but I imagine it feels like piling on when things have gone the way they have for them this year. I'd probably be screaming too if we were in that position injury wise and got calls like that one Saturday in Baton Rude. Bama is down to the point where everything has to go right and nothing wrong to pull out victories against good teams. They can't afford mistakes or bad calls and those things are magnified 10X when you don't have the ability to overcome it. I don't mind a little beatchin', but leaving the conference??? C'mon, get real.

This would be WAY too funny were it not for the fact that there were other of his uat bretheren that actually took the time to repond. :blink: (and agree! ! !)

This is exactly what I thought!

First of all, I recognize that these are extremists who do not represent the usually rational, usually intelligent Bama regulars like BamaGrad and others that we have more or less accepted into the WEN forum family (As black sheep if nothing else ;) )

But boy, what great laughs! I particularly enjoyed:

What if we could persuade Notre Dame to join the Big East with us. I wonder who else would follow...???

Maybe I'm dating myself, but I remember when Bama fans hated the Irish almost as much as Tennessee. Now they want to be in a conference where they HAVE to play them every year?

To the contrary. They have fallen SOOOO far that they are ready to stoop so low as to try and consider themselves in the same league as Notre Dame. :big:

priceLESS! :lol::lol::lol:

Actually, I first saw this kind of talk when the NCAA sanctions were announced in Feb 02. And it wasn't just the dirt road alumni (aka sidewalk alumni everywhere else.) One site in particular that prided themselves on being "rational" (BamaVillage.com) had the site owner post not one but two editiorial-type columns exploring the advantages of moving to the ACC. It was done in completely sincerety, too. And as far as I could tell, ... in complete sobriety as well. :D

The good folks on WEN had a field day with much merriment & lots of belly laughs. The general consensus was, good-bye, good riddance & don't let the screen door hit you on your way out. My comment then was: who should we get to replace them? Maybe Memphis would like to join the SEC -- it would be good to have Albert Means back in the SEC again. ( :lol: )

But now, when I think about it ... uat would be a perfect fit with Rutgers, Temple, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, West Virginnia. LMAO. Ooh, they might want to rethink playing basketball in the same conference with UConn, though. :D

Archived