Women's Golf Coach Kim Evans To Miss NCAA East Regional

augolf1716

Lets wish all the best for Coach Evans she has done a great job for Auburn..............

AUBURN - Auburn women's golf coach Kim Evans will miss the NCAA East Regional, as she will take a brief leave of absence due to health issues.

"I am very disappointed to have to miss the NCAA Regional, but your health is just something that you don't play with," said Evans. "The doctors advised me to take care of everything now, so that is what we did. I am feeling better, though, and hope to be back with the team at nationals in a couple weeks."

After building some momentum at the Bryan National Collegiate and the Southeastern Conference Championship, two of the most difficult tournament fields in the country this season, Evans likes where her team is entering NCAAs.

"The team has been playing very good golf the last month or so and I am thrilled they get the opportunity to play an NCAA Regional on their home course," said Evans. "Even though I cannot be there with them physically, I will be following along and cheering them on the whole way."

Coming down the home stretch of her last season, senior Carlie Yadloczky will miss seeing Evans following her along during the tournament, but knows she is doing what is best.

"It will definitely be different to look back behind me and not see Coach Evans there watching," said Yadloczky. "But, she is doing what is best for her and that is what is most important. We just have to go out and play our best to bring the championship home. We are playing at home, we've been playing well and everyone is loose and comfortable. I'm excited to get back on the course and play."

Former Tiger All-American Danielle Downey, who has been a student assistant this season, will lead the team during the NCAA Regional, which starts Thursday at the Auburn University Club. She played at Auburn from 1999-2003, earning All-SEC and All-American honors.

For more information on the NCAA East Regional, access www.AuburnTigers.com/NCAA/Golf.

Keep Coach Evans in your prayers. She needs them right now so much. Good luck to the team; they will do well I believe.

Archived