No. 18 Auburn Mens Golf Selected to the Columbus Regional

augolf1716

I like this region and our chances to be in the top 5 althought we haven't played well in regionals lately. Just be very thankful we not in the Baton Rouge Regionals

AUBURN – The No. 18 Auburn men’s golf team was named the No. 3 seed in the Columbus Regional hosted by Ohio State, the NCAA announced Monday. The regional will be played at the Ohio State Golf Club’s Scarlet Course in Columbus, Ohio on May 16-18.

The Tigers are making their 22nd overall appearance in the last 24 years as fourth year head coach Nick Clinard has led the Tigers to four-straight NCAA Regional appearances.

“It is a great golf course and we are excited about playing there,” Clinard said. “I played there in there in the National Championship in 1995, and it is a great course. I was there last year with Blayne Barber when he played in the Nationwide Tour event there. This will be a great test for our guys as the field is full of great teams that are well coached.”

The Columbus Regional teams in order of seeding are, No. 6 New Mexico, No. 8 Stanford, No. 20 South Carolina, Missouri, UNLV, Texas Tech, Chattanooga (Southern), Georgia Southern, San Francisco, Virginia, Charlotte (Atlantic 10), and Valparaiso (Horizon).

The 10 individuals playing in the Columbus Regional are Iowa State’s Scott Fernandez, Lousiville’s Robin Sciot Siegrist, Toledo’s Chris Selfridge, Akron’s Charlie Bull, Purdue’s Adam Schenk, Michigan State’s Matthew Moseley, Marshall’s Nathan Kearns, Minnesota’s Erik Van Rooyen, Xavier’s Korey Ward and Cincinnati’s David Tepe.

Thirteen SEC teams qualified for NCAA Regionals, including No. 2 Alabama, No. 10 Florida, No. 17 LSU, No. 23 Mississippi State and Tennessee at the Baton Rouge Regional. No. 15 Georgia, No. 22 Texas A&M and Vanderbilt will be in the Tempe Regional, while No. 13 Arkansas and Kentucky are in the Fayetteville Regional.

The top five teams and the low individual not on those teams qualify for the NCAA Men’s Golf Championship at the Capital City Club in Atlanta, Ga., May 28-June 2.

Archived