Please tell me how this wasn't a PI.

Argo

PI or no PI?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. PI or no PI?

• PI
    • No PI

http://www.webloungin.com/blowncall.wmv

I'm not gonna say this cost bama the game, because there was still football left, but I think Bama would have had a lot more momentum and a great chance to win the football game had they went up 17-6. Either way, there is some of you who insist that this was a good no call and I just don't see it.

Thats the first time I have seen that. Now I know what the Bama fans have been complaining about. Pretty obvious PI there. Not sure it was the difference in the game but a horrible no call.

The game changed when your qb got tore up, and fumbeled the ball, giving Lsu the momentum they needed. Also, one thing to note, that was the most horrible pass to a corner of an endzone that I have ever seen a college qb throw. That call was crap, it was stupid, yes that was pass Int.....BUTTT I think a high school corner could've came up with that pick. There was no way that ball wouldve been caught, and it had a 75% of being int. anyways. But yes, bad call.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...that was a definite PI....HA hah ahahahahahahahaha ahah ahah ahahh aaha hah...can't breathe!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::thumbsup:

what ... are you trying to pick a fight or wanting some love or what?

ok...here you go.

it looked like pass interference to me.

there is no telling how the game would've turned out had the PI been called.

we'll never know. it appears the refs were simply against you during this game.

7-3.

I think everyone agrees it was PI. Webster completely pushed the receiver down. Was it the play that changed the game? We'll never know, but I agree that it was PI. I said that Saturday night just as the play happened.

http://www.webloungin.com/blowncall.wmv

I'm not gonna say this cost bama the game, because there was still football left, but I think Bama would have had a lot more momentum and a great chance to win the football game had they went up 17-6.  Either way, there is some of you who insist that this was a good no call and I just don't see it.

121973[/snapback]

Terrible call.

Bama still would've lost IMHO, though.

I agree that should have been called a PI but don't think it cost you the game. You have to be able to overcome that kind of stuff and it was only 1 play.

On another note, I heard Pennington might have hurt his shoulder. Any word on that?

attention all bammer fans: go to your on board and complain about your loss to lsu. i keep checking my screen to make sure i was not warped to bammernation.

i hate to do or say anything to agree,uphold or even give the impression that i might show one micromillimeter of compassion for a bammerboob......it was obvious pass interference.....having said that i will say this: BAMMER STILL SUCKS

Well, I haven't seen the play, and I'm an Auburn fan. But I think all Auburn fans would join me in agreeing that it was a bad call. Further we would assert that had it not been for that bad call, UA would have won. Continuing, we also believe that after such a great victory, UA would vault in the polls and become the 2004-2005 National Champions.

Lastly we suggest that you find one of your lawyers to file suit to force the NCAA to award the MNC to you and for the next 5 years.

Feel better now?

Oh, see ya Saturday!! *grin*

I couldn't help but add the following and reinforce what tombigbee and chinook has already said. This is an Auburn board. Most of us really have no feelings for the turds, unless they are feelings of hate, disgust or boredom. I doubt that there will be a lot of sympathy for whatever happens to the mighty tide. I for one don't care if the refs made the call or not. Yes, it was PI, but he missed it, so what!!! You guys found other ways to lose, so that was just one of many.

Now if it were to happen to us, I'd be raising the roof. But it didn't, so my world was not harmed. Chinook said it best.....go to a bammer board and join in the other crying bammers. We have no room for UA tears on this board.

I'm not trying to get sympathy. There is a thread where some said this was a good no call. I didn't say it cost bama the game. I'm not saying Bama would have won if they would have scored here. I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm simply showing you guys why the bama fans are pissed about this call. Had it been against AU, you guys would be pissed too.

WarChinook, until an admin or mod tells me to leave, I'll be here all week, and a long time after that. Get over it.

I couldn't help but add the following and reinforce what tombigbee and chinook has already said.  This is an Auburn board.  Most of us really have no feelings for the turds, unless they are feelings of hate, disgust or boredom.  I doubt that there will be a lot of sympathy for whatever happens to the mighty tide.  I for one don't care if the refs made the call or not.  Yes, it was PI, but he missed it, so what!!! You guys found other ways to lose, so that was just one of many.

Now if it were to happen to us, I'd be raising the roof.  But it didn't, so my world was not harmed.  Chinook said it best.....go to a bammer board and join in the other crying bammers.  We have no room for UA tears on this board.

122002[/snapback]

Please show me where I'm crying on my post. Before this year, this was a board of very level headed fans who could talk/post about topics across the NCAA playing field. I've watched a board go from welcoming rival posters and actually having great conversation about games, not just AU and UA, to this. Like I said, if you don't like me posting here, don't read my post. There is an ignore feature on this site. When DKW, Titan, Chuck or any of the mods ask me to leave, I will.

I'm still not so sure that was a PI...I watched that over and over again and after pausing it where the "push" occurs, they both were pushing each other and the WR fell backward trying to draw a call. And how can you say that 1 call cost you the game? It's like my baseball coaches always told me..."Don't ever argue with an ump about strike 3...where were you on strikes 1 and 2?" If Bama had played well enough to win, then 1 call wouldn't have mattered. :puke::ua:

I'm not trying to get sympathy.  There is a thread where some said this was a good no call.  I didn't say it cost bama the game.  I'm not saying Bama would have won if they would have scored here.  I'm not trying to pick a fight.  I'm simply showing you guys why the bama fans are pissed about this call.  Had it been against AU, you guys would be pissed too. 

WarChinook, until an admin or mod tells me to leave, I'll be here all week, and a long time after that.  Get over it.

122007[/snapback]

The DB and the WR have equal opportunity to go up for the ball. The ref has to make the judgement on the interference. It looks like the DB is playing the ball and the WR trips as they make contact. I don't think that it is a penalty.

I would never ask anyone to leave this board (not my place or responsibility). It's free and anyone can post, so go for it. I wouldn't even think of going to a Tide board and becoming a regular. (not being critical of you or BG, different strokes.........) The main reason I wouldn't is the abuse I would have to withstand from the bammers. I feel this board is pretty much open minded. Don't know if you were around before the LSU game, but it got crowded with LSwho'ers and they caught it pretty good. But they also gave it back, then they suddenly disappeared. But the majority of post that has come from you or BG in the last several weeks is complaining about the mistreatment of UA, full of IF this hadn't happened, IF that hadn't happened, if we weren't so beat up, if UT hadn't got us put on probation, yada, yada, yada. How would that type of post about a struggling AU team be received on a Tide board? I'm sure all the bammers would take me under their wing and try to comfort me, just like we're trying to do to you.

I would never ask anyone to leave this board (not my place or responsibility).  It's free and anyone can post, so go for it.  I wouldn't even think of going to a Tide board and becoming a regular.  (not being critical of you or BG, different strokes.........)  The main reason I wouldn't is the abuse I would have to withstand from the bammers.  I feel this board is pretty much open minded.  Don't know if you were around before the LSU game, but it got crowded with LSwho'ers and they caught it pretty good.  But they also gave it back, then they suddenly disappeared.  But the majority of post that has come from you or BG in the last several weeks is complaining about the mistreatment of UA, full of IF this hadn't happened, IF that hadn't happened, if we weren't so beat up, if UT hadn't got us put on probation, yada, yada, yada.  How would that type of post about a struggling AU team be received on a Tide board?  I'm sure all the bammers would take me under their wing and try to comfort me, just like we're trying to do to you.

122027[/snapback]

I've been around here for a long time. I've NEVER made an excuse for bama losing. I've NEVER complained about the mistreatment of UA, and ask Proud Tiger how he gets treated on the bama board that he's a regular on.

I am complete agreement that was PI and was a horrible no call. However, that ball was so horribly thrown, that it would have been intercepted without the PI. If the bama receiver had not been knocked down, the only thing that might not have happened is that the LSU player might not have ran it back for as many yards as he did. Tough luck for bama, but I would not be screaming too loudly about such a horrible pass. I could understand if the bama player had a chance at it, but seeing how how it was thrown to the outside of the LSU player, I don't think the Bama player could have even prevented LSU from intercepting it without the PI.

Bama still would've lost IMHO, though.

121983[/snapback]

Thank you, Captain Obvious! ;)

I think it could have gone either way. Webster had his hands on the WR when the WR went down. But you can also see that Webster DID NOT push him to the ground. Watch the WR's feet. He trips on his own feet.

Judgement call either way...happened to go LSU's way.

Tidefan 24

Obvious PI. This is the same crew that screwed Ron Zook out of his job although the offical with the no call was a sub because the regular offical had ties to one of the SEC schools is the game. I may be different then most of the people on this board but I want Alabama to win everygame they are in unless they are playing us of course. I do think if you guys were able to punch it in the outcome may have been different but your season has had 3 games that a single play could have made a big difference in the overall game. I think it speaks so much for the state when we have two teams that can knock of anybody else in the country. Tidefan do you know or have you heard how McClain's ankle is and Spencers wrist is.

Archived